This has been a hard week for me.My daughter Lynell is still not well.
Day after day she has remained ill not able to pass the kidney stone.
This worries and grieves me.
...
My dear friend, Marie from Oak Cottage, lost her job as a private chef on a big estate
Marie has served faithfully for 7 years and has gone the extra mile time and time again.
Oak Cottage is her home as well as her job.
How devastating for her to find herself out of work and homeless.
My heart and concern goes out to Marie and her husband Todd.
...
I didn't really feel like doing a blog about smiles.
Then I read Marie's blog today.
In spite of her tears and concerns she is full of smiles.
You can read her post by clicking on the link above.
It is inspiring and sets an example for me.
...

I can't believe that this is the last day of February.
After all it is the month of love.
Of course we should be loving during every month...
...But there is something special about a month that is dedicated to love.
I wonder why such a loving month is our shortest one?
It should be our longest month...don't you agree?
These are two of my special Valentine Friends.
This is Kris and Jan.
Jan took us to high tea at Barbara's Tea House.
It was a beautiful experience and wonderful occasion.
We drank our herb teas and enjoyed delicious food and goodies....
...but the best part was being there with such dear friends. Jan has been very sick for most of the past year. I didn't know if I would ever get to see her again...
much less go to tea with her again.
Relief Society makes me smile.
I've been called to be the Day Time Relief Society Leader.
I work with the most amazing board of ladies.
This month we had a Valentines theme of course.
It was a lovely meeting and luncheon.
It made me smile.
...
The Young Women in our ward make me smile.
...and so do their leaders. YW is the organization at church for girls ages 12 to 18.
We had an amazing program to welcome in our 4 new girls.
Our theme was basketball.The teachers were the cheerleaders who had a cheer for each new girl.
The presidency were the coaches giving the team advice on how to play the game.
It was a wonderful evening that was full of smiles....
E.J. and Claire make me smile...and so does Austin.
Last night was their school talent show.It was held in the high school auditorium which was full of
cheering families and fans.
E.J. had been really sick all day....but...
... he managed to go do his part in the show in spite of it.
He played a beautiful piano solo.
Claire did an outstanding job singing "In my own little corner" from Cinderella.
John and I were so happy that we could watch these dear grandchildren perform.I've been trying to post a little video of Claire singing but I can't get it to work.
I will try again later in the week when it isn't so late.
...
I am thankful that I have had all these things to smile about this week.
With the sad news of the earthquake in Chile... it makes us realize how blessed we are
to be safe and sound.
My heart goes out to them...and to my family and friends who are having difficult times.
I pray for them and send love.
May you all have a good week to come.
Hugs, Grammy Lura
...
P.S. I just this minute found another smile.
I just found my blog friend, Gloria, in Chile is alive and safe.
She says it was a terrible earthquake but she thanks God her family is well.
That really makes me smile!!!!







17 comments:
My dear Lura. I am so grateful that I have a loving friend such as you. You, John and the family mean the world to me, you truly do. ((((hugs)))) I do hope that Lynells problem soon sorts itself out. There is nothing worse. Todd has a kidney stone and when it acts up he is very ill and in pain. It's excruciating as you know only too well yourself!! I am keeping her in my prayers. You know, as bad as things may seem to be in our lives from time to time, there is always someone else who is so much more worse off. I am so grateful to be a person that can find the silver lining in all of my clouds. I cannot imagine how it must be to be any other way. Todd and I will be ok. We have each other and the Gospel in our lives. Everything else, is , well the icing on a very beautiful cake. I love you my sweet friend and I have loved reading your smiles once again! Love and hugs from across the sea!! xxoo
Oh Lura,
I am sorry to hear that Lynell is still no feeling well. I wil pray that this resolves very soon! And I will keep your friend Marie in my prayers as well.
It's amazing that you can still smile with so much worry on your heart. That makes me smile!
hugs, Linda
I'm pleased Gloria and her family are OK too. She doesn't read my blog but I enjoy her comments on yours and Marie's. Was her home damaged or destroyed, do you know? I hope not
Sorry Lynell continues to be ill. So miserable for her, and for you too.
Marie seems to be coping very well with her trouble. Having hit the bottom she's on her way back up again now. I know she's been extremely touched at the moral support she's getting from blogland. I think she'll be fine.
England continues cold, though my computer tells me it's 8* out there. Don't believe it! At least it's sunny - I was beginning to think this 'sun' thing was just a myth!
Have a good week Lura,
love, Angie, xx
thank you for finding smiles to share even though at first you didn't want to! you are such an example lura. i can't believe lynell is still so sick:( i've been saying prayers for her! and i too am also sad for our dear friend marie and the situation she is in right now. sometimes life kinda stinks...thank goodness for the gospel in each of our lives to help us through!
also, i hope you can get the video of claire to work! sometimes i have to use photobucket to do it. bloggers video uploader isn't very good. i love rodgers and hammerstein's cinderella and would love to hear her sing it! she looks so cute in that dress:)
Hi Mom,
I would love to see a video of the kids at their talent show. Maybe you can e-mail it to me?? That would be awesome!
Our prayers go out to Lynell and Marie as well... tough times indeed!
I love you!
Oh Lura I'm devastated for Marie. I loved all the smiles you had last week and I too felt blessed to hug you and go to tea. It was a terrific week for me too. Being here with
Kris and Craig has a healing effect on me.
However, it all feels different now that I know of Marie's situation. You more than anyone will know what we can do to help. It's wonderful that Marie can find the silver lining in all of her clouds. It's how I live too, but there are physical and monetary needs I'm sure. Please let me know how I may give service, and be blessed to help answer some of her prayers.
Can't wait to see you tomorrow for lunch.
Love,
Jan
I hope your daughter feels better soon!
Thank you for posting your Sunday Smiles! It really helps me with my week. Things to be grateful for. To smile about and to remember how there are just plain good people in this world! My prayers are with your friend Marie and with Lynell.
Oh boy...you have had a week. I hope Lynell gets well soon.
What happened with Marie's job? Was it the economy over there?
Sounds like you are going to be very busy with your church calling. Ned and I keep busy, or try to. His health isn't the best, but we keep plugging along. Some sunshine will help.
Take care my friend, and have a wonderful week. LOL
Hello again. Just checked back and my comment is on your blog. Don't know exactly what was going on, but apparently it is now fixed..
HAPPINESS IS.............
Don't really care for Facebook that much...too open for everyone to see. And then today, there was a rather NASTY comment from someone else's FB page that I didn't like that somehow appeared in my messages...don't know exactly what to do about that. Guess I will figure it out. LOL
What a roller coaster of emotions for you. You are so sweet and supportive of your sisters and daughters. Our prayers are with Lynell and Marie.
Ahhh I hope you daughter is feeling better soon. It must be so hard to watch her in pain.
I am going to Marie's blog after this....I will put her in my prayers.
You have such a lovely family......I love seeing all thier pictures. I know we would be fast friends if I were to meet them in person. They all have your lovely smile.
I'm sorry to hear about Lynell. There is nothing worse than a kidney stone, I would give birth everyday of the month rather than have the pain of another kidney stone. My friend just passed one last week and it was the size of a raisin, I don't know how she did it. Anyway, I hope by the time you are reading this that Lynell is better and the stone is gone. Your new calling sounds exciting. I'm trying to figure out what we really are going to call, what used to be Enrichment. I noticed you called it Day Time R.S., is that official? We have been referring to it as Weekday R.S. but we just made that up. I really liked "Enrichment". Good luck with your new calling. Your little grandkids are so cute, I'm glad you have some near you.
hi
It's so nice to have friends around us to encourage us to keep smiling through all the trials!!
I will keep Lynell in my prayers!
xxxooo
Dear Lura, Thanks to be worry about me and my family. We are well, by 3 days we dont have water and light and not phones but other people lost their houses, their family, their jobs etc.
But now the country is more quiet and the country begin to stand up, are difficult times.
The kids return to school today after summer, The autumn begin in March 21 here.
Thanks by your love, and friendship you make smile always.
Im so sorry with the lost of work of Marie, I will see her. Huggssss gloria
Post a Comment