Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Christmas Poem for you

Merry Christmas to all of you.
...
I wrote this Christmas poem last year.
I would like to share it with you again.
(I wasn't creative enough this year to make up a new poem...I put in new family pictures but the rest are the same. That is justified because my house looks exactly the same as it did last year...I am a creature of habit and decorate the same way every year....so please pretend this greeting is new to you....Maybe I will use it every year as a new tradition...is that O.K.?)

The house is decked out
with lights on each tree


























With flowers and presents
and much greenery
.





We have new decorations
and the old ones so dear
are out of their boxes
and up for the year.

Each table is set
awaiting the feast






of turkey and dressing,
of ham and roast beef


































There'll be yams and potatoes
and gravy galore
















and veggies and salads
and desserts and more.












But the sweetest things
that this season does bring
is not the goodies or bobbles
or pretty sights seen.
...















It's not the gifts or the parties
or good shows on TV
that are the best part of Christmas
for you and for me.
The best part of Christmas
is the feeling of love
That we have for family and friends
and our Savior above
...
It's the thought of Angels

and Shepherds




and the bright star they saw





...
and a wee Babe and His mission
that fill us with awe.
...






As we reflect
on our abundance and cheer
Let us remember
The reasons we're here
...
Let us love one another
and try with our might
to keep His commandments
and do what is right.
...

May the spirit of Christmas
we are feeling today
linger all year
and in our hearts stay.
...
Merry Christmas from our home to yours.
...

I put our new family pictures taken in October on my last blog post.
Scroll down if you would like to see them.











We love the Lord and enjoy this season when we celebrate His birth. I hope that all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Hugs, Grammy Lura

21 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Lura ~ I really like your Christmas poem, and the pictures are great. Love the one of you and your family. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Marie Rayner said...

Loved this last year and I love it even more this year, probably because unlike last year, this year I have had the blessing of being able to spend time with both you and your family in person and that just makes your Christmas Love poem all the more precious and sweeter to me, just like you! Merry Christmas dear friend. Love and hugs to you all! xxoo

Jan's Blog said...

Have I mentioned before that I want to come live at your house???
Your decorations are exquisite and the food will be great and there are lots of kids to hug... But I'm being blessed right where I am and so I've no complaints. The festivities are different. We celebrate a day when I can remember how to use the phone, etc. But it's worth celebrating and it is a blessing from my Heavenly Father. Do have a wonderful Christas, and all your big beautiful family too.
Love, Jan

joyh82 said...

Lura I love your poem. it is so true. Beautiful decorations and family!I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Everything looks so lovely, and that is definitely a poem you can use year after year, just changing the pictures.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wonderful post Lura. I'm wishing you an especially wonderful Christmas with your family. Christmas blessings! marlene

Amandawhatever said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS those pics of you guys are so cute

LYN said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL..YOUR HOME AND THE MESSAGE..MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Shauna said...

Beautiful!!! Merry Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Thank you for that great poem, for sharing your spirit and for spreading joy! Hope it was wonderful this year!

Luigi said...

Amazing photos!! What a nice family!! I´m glad I got to he privilege of spening one Xmas with you back in 98!!! That was a very special time for me that I will always remember!!!
I wish you the best in the year to come!!

Much love from Argentina,

Luis

TUTU Monkey said...

Ahhhh that was so sweet!!

Merry Christmas and BIG HUGS to you!!

Hope to meet you in person in 2010...wouldn't that be fun!!

Grandma B said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you and John. Ned has very sick, so my blogging and posting has taken a back seat for awile.

Love your decorations and pictures. Soon you will be "sailing" the seas to Mexico. Warmer climates sound so good right now. Our temperature inversion hasn't been the best. It cleared out for a couple of days, but is now coming back.

The picture of you and John is so nice, as are the ones of your family. This Christmas, our family was scattered from New Mexico to Washington. We are having a huge family party the 2nd of Jan, 2010.

We now have 3 new greatchildren...2 girls and 1 boy.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful 2010 full of health and happiness.

LOL

Baak Talk said...

very sweet! looks like you had a lovely Christmas!
Happy 2010!

Angie said...

Late comment again Lura! I'm a perpetual catcher-upper.

An Angel must have been guiding your hand when you wrote that poem and I think you should certainly use it every Christmas.

You do decorate your house beautifully. All those trees. It must take ages. If we had all of that you'd never get in the house! We just have the one tree in the hallway.

It's getting late so I'll write tomorrow,
love, Angie, xx

Matchbox Mom said...

Merry Christmas and Happy to you to Lura!!! Hope you enjoyed time with family and friends!
Life is good.

The Bright Family said...

what a perfect poem for EVERY year! :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the Christmas poem. Hopefully, we'll get to see it updated next year...maybe a couple more grandkids?

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you a wonderful new year.

hoLLy said...

sorry this is late, i've been absent from blogworld for a long time! merry merry Christmas my dear friend!! i loved your poem and pictures-especially the one of you, john and the grandkids-how precious!

Lynne said...

Hi Lura,
Thank you for your birthday and Christmas wishes. Best wishes to you and your family and all the best for the new year.

Emma Staffanson said...

I love your poems and I hope to be as good as you someday!!!

Your Grandaughter,
Emma