Sunday, December 20, 2009

Family Pictures and Christmas greetings for you.

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Season's Greetings from
John and Lura.
Merry Christmas one and all
We hope that your holiday season is filled with love
and the spirit of Christmas
Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree.
In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall. ~Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family
all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis
This is our whole family except for Justin who was in Army boot camp.
(I just couldn't believe that his drill sargent wouldn't let him off for an
important event like taking our family picture!!)
...
This is the family picture that I sent out in our cards this year.
I told everyone they could come to my blog if they wanted to see more pictures.

So here they are.
(We went to all the trouble of taking these pictures so I have to show them off.
Bear with me.....It is a mom and a grammy thing.)
....
Our four children
Mindy, Lynell, John, Lura, Erin and David
Mindy lives in CA, Lynell and Erin live in Utah and Dave lives back east
...
It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. ~W.T. Ellis
...
With our 4 children spread out across the states it is a rare
and special occasion when we can all get together.

The grandkiddos
Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
So when we do get together, we always get a family picture.
To get 21 of us together and smiling in the same picture is not an easy task.
We are lucky that our Lynell and our niece, Mauree are both professional photographers.
Two grandsons are missing from the above picture.
Can you tell who is not there besides Justin?
It is little Davey.

He got sick with swine flu the day of the family photo shoot.
He made it though the group shot and his family shot and was even smiling...
then started burning up with fever.
That was the end of picture taking for him...poor dear.
...
This is our oldest daughter Lynell's family
(This picture was taken before Justin left )
Jalen(15), Lonica (10), Jordan(21), Dathan, Lynell, Justin(18) and Johnny(13)
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve. Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age. ~Carrie Latet
....
This is our 2nd daughter Mindy's Family
E.J.(10), Mindy, Ernie, Claire(8) and Austin(4)
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!
~Hamilton Wright Mabie
...
This is our youngest daughter Erin's family

Erin, Patrick and Calan(8 mo.)

RememberThis December,That love weighs more than gold!~Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

This is my "baby boy" David's family
(Don't tell him I still call him my baby boy)

Grace(7), Marla and Davey(4), David and Evan(7 mo.), Emma(9)
Christmas is forever, not for just one day,for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put awaylike bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.The good you do for others is good you do yourself...~Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976
...
I send greetings and best wishes from our family to yours

I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas
and a wonderful New Year.
In my next post I will republish the Christmas Poem I wrote for you last year.
Thanks so much for dropping by my blog.
Have a great pre-Christmas week.

Hugs, Lura
P.S. If you are new to blogging you can leave a comment by following the directions below.

All that you have to do to leave a comment is go to http://google.com/ and register with them. You can set up a free account by giving them your email, a user name and a password..... go ahead.....do it.....it is safe and I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

9 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Merry Christmas Lura, to both you and your lovely family! I have so enjoyed seeing all the family pictures. You have such a beautiful family and I have to say every one of them that I met is as nice as pie, just like you! I am sure the other's that I haven't met are just as nice as well. How could they not be!!! I hope that you all have a wonderful and very blessed and safe Christmas! Sending hugs and love to you all from across the ocean and that great land of yours! I hope you all can feel it!

TUTU Monkey said...

Wow!!!! What a beautiful family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing!! Merry Christmas!!

Angie said...

A beautiful family, Lura, and that's lovely 'christmas card' photo of you and John. Just like our dear Marie, I hope you can feel the warmth of our loving Christmas greeting across the endless miles.

love and hugs,
Angie (and Keith), xxx

StitchinByTheLake said...

What beautiful pictures - how wonderful to have those to look at and smile over. I know you cherish each person in the pictures and are so proud of them. Have a wonderful, joyful Christmas Lura! blessings, marlene

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Merry Christmas, Lura! The family pictures are great, but that's because you have such a good looking family!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Merry Christmas to you & your family. You have such a good looking family, and love these photos. Glad you shared them with us. :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Such lovely pictures, and I love the family pictures on your most recent post too. You are blessed with a very beautiful and loving family.

Gloria Baker said...

Merry Christmas Lura; to you and you lovely and wonderful family, I love your family pictures. Really I hope you have a nice and Magic Christmas with all your family and God Blessings you a lot, thanks for your prayers and your love and your friendship that I value so mucha!!!!!! Thanks a lot my dear and we hope Jesus born again in our hearts!!! gloria

hoLLy said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures-you guys are just way too photogenic!! okay, and you look good in real life too:) i have your picture and card on my wall!