Isn't this a wonderful season!!
Thanksgiving makes me smile.
I just love this time when we think of all of our blessings and give thanks.
It would be perfect for me except for one thing...
I am still not well.
I've stayed in bed most of the week hoping to get over the "yuckies" before my kids get here.
I am better...but not "better" enough!
My throat is not as sore as it was....which is a good thing...
...but my cough is no better...
My hacking all day and night is driving both John and me crazy...
...and we are both tired from me keeping us awake half the night.
...
However, I must share one smile with you tonight.
I've had a great laugh over it.
I hope you will too.
...
We have been taking care of Austin this weekend while his family is away.
Even though I am dragging I decided I should make a nice Sunday dinner for us.
I grilled steaks
Made buttery mashed potatoes
and had corn, etc.
...
I called John and Austin to come to the table.
I said "Hurry boys....I made steaks."
"We are having steaks for dinner tonight."
...
John and I sat down at the table but Austin would not come.
The more we called him the more he insisted that he was not hungry
and did not want to come.
Since I wasn't feeling good enough to pursue an argument I just let him be.
...
Later tonight Mindy called to say goodnight to Austin.
I told her that he would not come and eat dinner.
She asked him why he didn't want to eat with us.
He answered "because Grammy made mistakes for dinner.
"I don't like eating mistakes."
LOL
Well there you have it!
If you want your grandchildren to eat dinner with you
don't make mis-steaks.
...
Have a great Thanksgiving.... I know that we will.
My kids start arriving tomorrow...I can't wait.
I will be making all of the traditional holiday foods to enjoy with our dear ones...
... I am going to serve turkey and not "mis-steaks".
I will probably be too busy to blog but I will be thinking of you.
Hugs to all of you, Lura








14 comments:
Lura, I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I do hope that you start to feel better soon! Especially with all the family arriving within the next few days or so! I know that it will be pretty wonderful to have them all around and the temptation will be there to want to do everything for them. Let them do for you though too! Don't try to take all the work on your own shoulders! Relax a bit and just enjoy them being there as much as you can. and Get well dear friend, get well. I shall be saying extra prayers for you this week! I love you oodles and oodles and wish so much that I lived closer so that I could lend a helping hand! I had to laugh about your cooking mistakes! I am quite sure that any mistake you ever cooked was still quite edible and delicious regardless!! Oh the wee ones, how much joy they bring into our lives! Looking forward to speaking to you tomorrow and hoping that you will be feeling better soon. xxoo
hahahaha! What a cute story! Kids are too funny :) I'm sorry to hear about your cough. There is nothing worse then a cough that wont go away. I always take my inhaler like 4 times a day and drink Robitussin before bed and that does the trick after a few days. I hope you feel better soon!
Now that made me smile - except to learn you have been so sick. I am so sorry! I hope you recover before the big day!! You have a quite crowd coming - and I know you wouldn't have it any other way would you!!
Thank you for your kind words and a very Happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!! hugs, Linda
I am sorry that you are sick! I just noticed it has been a while since my cup was filled with your beautiful inspiration. YOu have had a lot of happenings. Congrats on the special day for Erin and Patrick. What a beautiful dress you made for your grandaughter! YOu are so talented. I am sorry I have not been a very good blogging friend lately. Thank you for your words of encouragement! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and that you feel happy and healthy too! Lots of love Kelsi
That was too funny, too bad he missed out on some yummy steaks. More for you though, right?!? :) I'm sorry you're still not well. :( My thoughts are with you and I'll say a prayer that you'll be back to normal soon so that you can enjoy the company of your family this week. Happy Thanksgiving. :) Get better, Lura!
Poor Lura - I do hope you'll be feeling better soon. I agree with Marie asbout letting the family help you - I'm sure they'll want to anyway - but I wouldn't be surprised if their presence on this big family occasion gives you just the filip you need.
I think this annoying cough is something that is doing the rounds over here too, and in Canada. My sister started off with a cold a few weeks ago and the coughing gives her a sore throat, so she coughs more ....and....and....and
Lots of love to you!
Angie, xx
that is so cute lura. austin is adorable:)
i'm so sorry you are still feeling sick-that sounds like me last month. the flu bug stayed with me for weeks! hopefully you'll be up and running soon! saying prayers for you.
Hi Lura: I'm so sad to hear that you are ill, and that the illness is lingering. Have you thanked Heavenly Father for it yet, and begun searching for the sweet lesson? It works every time! Love to all of you,
Jan
Hope you are feeling much better Lura. This has been quite a long, drawn "yuckie" hasn't it?? Enough already. Hopefully, by the time your family arrives, you will be on top of the world.
HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING DAY!!
LOL
HAPPY THANKGIVING
Happy thanksgiving to you and all your family!!!
I hope you feel better soon!!!!!
Love from Argentina!!!!!
Hope you're feeling better and enjoy a very blessed Thanksgiving with all your loved ones.
Sorry you aren't feeling well...I hope you are better now and had a great Thanksgiving.
And the steak story is too funny.
Just stopping by to see if you had a wonderful time with your family and hopefully you are on the mend!
Post a Comment