
I am sure that many of you have had a happy week filled withall sorts of Halloween Fun.
I couldn't call this post my Sunday Six Smiles because I have had way more than six reasons to smile.
In fact my smiles were far bigger than those found on our Jack-o-Lanterns(Speaking of Jack-o-Lanterns, my friend Kris has written a beautiful story about how making the Jack-o-Lantern is similar to the way God works with us. It is a lovely story. Go to her blog and read it for yourself.
Halloween is my Claire Bear's birthday.(My nickname for Claire became Pumpkin when she made her
unexpected arrival on Halloween night 8 years ago.)
She always has lots of interesting friends show up to celebrate with her.
Here, her brother Mario, helps her blow out her candles.Having a Halloween birthday is loads of fun....
but then I guess a birthday is always loads of fun
no matter what day it comes.
E.J. had a lot fun playing guitar on his cousin Jalen's Guitar Hero game while we were in Utah.
All the way driving back home to California, he kept telling us that Guitar Hero is all he wanted for his birthday.
He got his wish and his house has been rocking every since.
He got his wish and his house has been rocking every since.
Any of you that read my blog know how much our family enjoys karaoke singing.
We never get together for very long before the karaoke starts....
...now it is even more fun with the guitar and drums accompaniment.
...
I liked Halloween and the fall season as a child....
...
I liked Halloween and the fall season as a child....
...however, it is much more fun now that I have 1 daughter and 4 grandchildren that were born between October 1 and Nov. 2nd....
and they all are so darn cute!!! (Not that I am prejudice!)
and they all are so darn cute!!! (Not that I am prejudice!)
He decided to be spooky this year but he doesn't seem to scare Sailor girl or Mario.
...
Of course picture taking on Halloween is the first order of business.

Mario poses for Mindy one last time before running off to the neighborhood block party.
...
Block Halloween pot lucks make me smile.
We enjoy gathering with Mindy's neighbors for a good dinner before passing out the candy.
Getting together with neighbors makes Halloween night even more fun.
Little spooks just come to the end of the cul-de-sac and collect their loot from each of us there.
...
We also had fun last Friday night at our church Trunk-or- Treat party.

But....most of all....
We enjoyed the association with good friends.
....
There are so many fun fall activities.
We started the fun stuff while we were in Utah for Calan's adoption
...
Of course picture taking on Halloween is the first order of business.

Mario poses for Mindy one last time before running off to the neighborhood block party.
...
Block Halloween pot lucks make me smile.
We enjoy gathering with Mindy's neighbors for a good dinner before passing out the candy.
Getting together with neighbors makes Halloween night even more fun.It makes it more fun for the adults and the kids don't have to go door to door to
trick or treat.
Little spooks just come to the end of the cul-de-sac and collect their loot from each of us there....
We also had fun last Friday night at our church Trunk-or- Treat party.

We all enjoyed the defferent kinds of chili, hot dogs and salads...
But....most of all....
We enjoyed the association with good friends.....
There are so many fun fall activities.
We started the fun stuff while we were in Utah for Calan's adoption
two weeks ago with all of our kids and grandkids.
Lynell was in charge of making caramel apples.
It was fun making them and even more fun eating them.
Erin and Patrick were in charge of carving the pumpkins.
Everyone helped out....we made quite a mess...but we were all having fun.
It was great that David and his family were there with us.
They live far away and we don't get to see them that often.
Erin and Patrick were in charge of carving the pumpkins.
Everyone helped out....we made quite a mess...but we were all having fun.
It was great that David and his family were there with us.They live far away and we don't get to see them that often.
However, this is the second year in a row that we got to carve pumpkins together.
Last year we went to Kentucky to celebrate Emma's 8th birthday with her.
Emma's birthday is Nov. 2nd but we were there for Halloween too.
Emma's birthday is Nov. 2nd but we were there for Halloween too.
For both years we had more smiles than we could count.
October was a magical month for us.
We were all together as a family.
We celebrated 4 family birthdays.
We officially adopted little Calan and had him sealed to our family.
We were truly blessed.
We were all smiles...all month.
We are very thankful.
...
I hope that you all had a happy month too.
I hope that you all had a happy month too.
Tell me about your Halloween activities.
Have a great week ahead...
...and happy birthday #9 tomorrow sweet Emma.
Love, Grammy Lura
Love, Grammy Lura
p.s. I'm thinking of you dear Marie. I am glad that we could visit on the phone for a little while after church today. I hope that you will find your sweet smiles again soon. XOXO














12 comments:
Love the pictures. Which jack-o-lantern was yours? Looks like fun!!!
Your family really knows how to celebrate Halloween in style! What fun Lura!! I'd be smiling from ear to ear too. Happy Birthday to all your loved ones!!
looks like october was one of the best months ever! so many cute pics. i love that little mario:) what a cute idea! and i love how much you guys love karaoke-our family does too. except i think the skill level of our family probably isn't quite as high as yours:) we're all kinda awful-haha.
Oh Lura, thanks so much for sharing your lovely family with us generously and your lovely smiles!!! I really enjoyed seeing all the wonderful things October and Halloween brought to you! It all looks like so much fun!!! We had two little Trick or Treaters and considered ourselves blessed! haha Your grandchildren are so sweet. You just have a wonderful family full stop and I am so lucky that I have gotten to spend time with at least half of them! You make my heart smile dear friend. I just adore you and treasure you so very much. XXOO
Looks like everyone had a great time! You have a beautiful family! :)
What a wonderful celebration! I wish our neighborhood was more like that one. :) blessings, marlene
If my retirement is anything like yours it will well be worth waiting for! (smile)
What fun memories you're creating with your family!
What a fun celebration!
We called Izzy "pumpkin head" for the longest time..it just sort of stuck!
Hi this is Amanda oh my gosh that looked so fun!!!! On my next post i want to write about my halloween well see ya
Happy October to you! And now it is November. And time to get ready for Christmas. Whew!
I appreciate your comments to me. I took action! Thank you.
Your cousin whoops was it niece? Is an amazing artist. I love the pictures.
Happy Halloween!! What a fun day of celebration! The kids look so cute! I sure wish we lived closer! Love you!
Post a Comment