Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas 08 to all

Welcome to my new blog readers and my regular blog buddies.
Thank you for stopping by my blog.
This year I am trying something different. Instead of putting our family pictures in my Christmas newsletter, I decided to put them in this Christmas post. In my Christmas letter I asked friends and family to come to my blog. I hope that some of you have done that. If you have stopped by please leave me a comment so I will know that you were here.
( All that you have to do to leave a comment is go to http://google.com/ and register with them. You can set up a free account by giving them your email, a user name and a password..... go ahead.....do it.....because I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!)
I am planning to use this blog more and more instead of using snail mail. It will save photo paper, ink and money. You could say that I am being "green" or just saving "green". At any rate I am sending love and best wishes to you.
...
I wrote you a Christmas poem. I would like to share it with you.

The house is decked out
with lights on each tree


























With flowers and presents
and much greenery.





We have new decorations
and the old ones so dear
are out of their boxes
and up for the year.

Each table is set
awaiting the feast




of turkey and dressing,
of ham and roast beef



































There'll be yams and potatoes
and gravy galore













and veggies and salads
and desserts and more.











But the sweetest things
that this season does bring
is not the goodies or bobbles
or pretty sights seen.
...


It's not the gifts or the parties
or good shows on TV
that are the best part of Christmas
for you and for me.
...


The best part of Christmas
is the feeling of love
That we have for family and friends

and our Savior above
...
It's the thought of Angels

and Shepherds





and the bright star they saw
...
and a wee Babe and His mission
that fill us with awe.
...





As we reflect
on our abundance and cheer
Let us remember
The reasons we're here
...
Let us love one another
and try with our might
to keep His commandments
and do what is right.
...






May the spirit of Christmas
we are feeling today
linger all year
and in our hearts stay.




Merry Christmas from our home to yours.

...

In my Christmas letter I said that I would put my family pictures on my blog. Below I will put pictures of each of my kids and their families and give you a little update on them.

...

(My regular blog buddies that already know all about my kids and are probably sick of hear about them can skip that part of this post but please read the last message I have for you. I have something important to tell you.)
...

Erin and Patrick

Erin and Patrick have been married 2 and 1/2 years. They are a darling couple. They live in Utah. Patrick is in sales and does very well. Erin has taught sign language levels 1,2 and 3 at a high school for the past 10 years. She recently gave up her teaching job because they thought they were adopting a baby. Unfortunately, the birth mom moved out of state the week before the baby was due and gave her baby up to another family. We are all heart broken but we have faith they will be blessed with a child soon. If you know of a pregnant mom considering adoption please tell her to go to Erin and Patrick's adoption blog and get in touch with them. They will make wonderful parents.
...
David and Marla

Grace 6, Davey 3, Emma 8
...
David and Marla have been living in a lovely home in Kentucky for the last year and a half or so. It is a beautiful place to live ... and visit. We had a delightful trip to see them when Emma was baptised in Nov. Marla is expecting a little boy in May. We can hardly wait!! David does well in his job and keeps moving up the corporate ladder. Emma and Grace love school. They are precious girls not to be out done by Master Davey who is every one's darling and is the prince of the house.
Mindy and Ernie






Claire 7, Austin 3, EJ 9
...
Mindy and Ernie live only about 20 miles from us here in CA. It is wonderful having them close enough that we can be an active part of their lives. Ernie is the band director of an award winning top rated high school band. As you can imagine, music fills much of their time. Claire and EJ started taking piano lessons this last July and are doing very well.... which is not surprising since both their mom and dad were music majors. Claire also takes voice lessons. Practising, concerts and performances takes up a lot of their time. We love attending them. I still get a thrill when I hear Mindy play her flute. Mindy works part time as a speech therapist at the same elementary school that EJ and Claire attend. We get to take care of Austin a couple of days each week while Mindy is at work. We love it!!
...
Lynell and Dathan
Jalen 14, Lonica 9, Justin 17, Jordan 20, Johnny 12
...
There is never a dull moment at their home. I am always amazed when we visit how Lynell can keep up with all the comings and goings. Johnny and Loni are always going to the gym or the dance studio for lessons. Johnny is an amazing little gymnast. We have gone to several of his meets and hold our breath as we watch him flipping and flying through the air and swinging around the high bar. Loni is just as amazing on the dance floor. She wins one competition after another and has a room full of trophies to prove it. All of the boys excel in sports such as soccer and football. Jalen does well in Karate as well. Jordan is working and going to college. Dathan is a project manager for a big construction company. He builds Albertsons, Walmarts, etc. Lynell teaches dance at a studio two days a week and keeps busy with her photography business.
...
John and I are thrilled to be retired and able to travel and visit these kids often.
Our Family is the highlight of our lives. We feel very thankful and blessed to have them.
...
We love the Lord and enjoy this season when we celebrate His birth. I hope that all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
...
Blogging Friends please read:
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that this will be my last post for a while. My laptop is not feeling well. I thought that it was just a cold or a minor illness but it looks like it is more serious now and will require hospitalization. A while ago it started telling me that it's battery was getting low and I should plug it in. The problem is.....it was plugged in!!! I called Dell who promptly sent me out a bandaid (a new power cable.) That was suppose to fix the problem. Well..... the cable arrived this afternoon. I excitedly plugged it into my computer.....and......nothing..... nothing.... nothing happened!
It is still telling me I have no power..... I have about 2 minutes battery time left. In fact, it keeps turning off as I have been working on this post. I don't know if it is fainting or dying. Now Dell tells me that I will have to ship it off to the Dell hospital and it will take weeks to get it back....urggg!!!! So.... while I will sneak onto John's computer to read your blogs and read any comments I get ( I can't go too long without checking for comments you know!!!)... I probably will not be making any posts. I know that you will all miss me....haha.
...
As the song says..."God be With You 'til We Meet Again"
Have a very Merry Christmas.
Love, Grammy Lura

52 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

What a beautiful and touching poem. You have a real talent with words. What a beautiful home with all it's Christmas decorations. Everything looks so festive and inviting. You have a real flare for decorating. What a beautiful family. Wishing a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Baak Talk said...

It's so fun seeing your beautiful family grow!

Hurry and get your computer fixed. I'll anxiously await your next blog!

Marie Rayner said...

Awwww Lura, I will miss you so much!!! I shall just have to phone you whenever I can!! I love you too much to go for very long without any contact with you! I loved this poem you wrote. It is so very good and I adore it. I may share it with my young women at church if that's ok. I loved catching up with all your decorations and learning more about your lovely family. Oh, I do wish I could come to visit you one day and be with you in person. I really do love you. XXOO

Grandma B said...

Hi Lura...how long will it be before you post again? I check your blog every day. Computers do have a mind of their own, don't they !!!

We are ready for Christmas...all our sub-for-santa is finished, our trees are decorated, some candy has been made and our shopping is completed. We have had our first snow storm so we are ready.

Why not send me your e-mail address so we can keep in touch that way....let me know on your blog and I will send you my e-mail address.

I wish you and yours a beautiful Christmas, and a happy and healthy New Year. LOL

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

What a lovely post. (Glad you got the snow on your blog, too.) I hope your poor little laptop gets well soon!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love it! The snow is so festive! Have a Merry Christmas! Hope your computer gets fixed soon!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Have a very Merry Christmas. I love your poem and little introductions to your kids and their families.

I hope Dell can fix your laptop (I had to get a new motherboard and battery when that happened to me)!

I hope they fix it fast, too!

The Bright Family said...

What will I do without your Sunday six?!?!? I loved reading your Christmas poem and all the neat stuff your family is up to. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Amandawhatever said...

This is amanda just saying hi see ya love amanda

Erin said...

Smart idea mom! I have to admit, when we sat down to do our Christmas cards I didn't have anything new to write... so I didn't, we just sent a card and said "Merry Christmas". Blogging takes the surprise out of what we've been doing all year.

Nicole said...

It ALWAYS makes me day to hear from you! What a lovely post. The pictures were wonderful and the decorations are so great! Sorry your computer is having issues! My Dell is currently in the "hospital" too! So I understand! :) I will miss you while you are away, though I don't always comment, I am always checking and reading your blog. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas too!
Love, Nicole XOXO

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Awww you will me missed but thank you for warning us so we don't worry. In the meantime, have a WONDERFUL and BLESSED Christmas with your sweet family.

I loved the poem and the pics of your lovely family - we never get sick of them.

Looking forward to your return to blogland!!

Kris said...

The poem is beautiful and certainly inspired given where you wrote it!
The photos that accompany your poem are beautiful. Your home is perfect (of course).
Thank you for everything. I received a photo from Lynell in the mail! whooppee!

Shannon said...

What a beautifully written Christmas message. It is fun to see eveyones family picture. You sure have a cute pile of grandkids.

Amandawhatever said...

This is Amanda Mingl saying hi see ya

OhLookADuck said...

I love the snow you have falling down your page. That's such a lovely touch!

Sorry to hear about your computer. Let's hope it turns out to be a minor problem.

Beautiful decorations! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Hurry back,

Karen

Angie said...

Oh, Lura, I am sorry to be so tardy! There are some blogs that I've been having trouble loading lately, yours is one. Now then, is my computer possibly on its way to Cyber Heaven too? I hope not.

Thanks for your lovely pictures. You have such a beautiful home. Thanks too for your Christmas poem and greetings. Our wish is that you and your family and friends have a happy, peaceful and blessed Christmas.

Let's hope your laptop gets better before it's time for Easter messages though!!

Happy Christmas,
much love from Angie, xx

Christine said...

Thanks for posting your great poem and all the pictures. I am wanting a wood holder like the one you have next to your fireplace. The one I have holds 3 logs, which is not very helpful.

I'll miss your posts. My prayers are with your laptop. Amazing how dependent we become on these things.

TUTU Monkey said...

Merry Christmas.....it has been such a blessing getting to know you this year.

Your house looks lovely.....Sarah would be going crazy seeing all the decorations!!

It might be a nice break to have your computer in the hospital.....I hope it gets better soon...:)

MERRY CHRSTIMAS and Happy 2009!!

Tara D. said...

Did you write that poem, really?!? It's wonderful! And I do love the Christmas decorations, they're beautiful. You are quite the decorator! :) I hope your laptop gets fixed up real soon.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm going to miss your posts Lura but I truly enjoyed this one. May God fill you with His light this Christmas and beyond. blessings,marlene

Jenn Boerger said...

Beatufil post! Merry Christmas!!

Gloria Baker said...

Wha's beautiful family you have Lura Always I think and your house look soooooo beauty too!! Dear friend I want to whish you a lovely Christmas with you family and a lovely next year and many kisses to Erin!!!! xxxGloria

Anonymous said...

well, I came through here the other day and thought I'd left a message but either I didn't or the imps in cyberspace ran off with it! Lovely post - beautiful family! And your home is awesome - want to come help me with mine?! Merry Christmas and blessings of the season to you and yours.

Tricia said...

Oh Lura, I can't imagine not having my computer! You poor thing! I hope John shares his nicely, and you CAN post at least your Sunday Six! (?) It will be sad not seeing you for Christmas, but hope you have a WONDERFUL time with ALL your kids there! (Assuming Patrick and Erin go, too.) You have a beatiful home all decorated for the holidays, so warm and festive! Have loads of fun, and look forward to seeing LOTS of pictures! ☺

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope you come back soon! We'll miss you! Merry Christmas!

Sheba's Mommy said...

That was a very lovely blog! You're house looks beautiful! See you and Heidi on the 26th! ;)

stefndawniy said...

hiya , first time I've been on your blog, wow how lovely a post , you are a very talented lady, it makes me want to come and spend Christmas at your house.
I hope your lappy is soon fixed and I'll pop in on you again,
Merry Christmas
love
dawny xx

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas Friend!!

Hope that you have a wonderful holiday celebrated with family!!

PS- be careful sending your laptop into Dell. THEY LOST MINE!! It was the most awful experience ever. I suggest having someone local fix it, even if you have the warrenty like I did!!

Amandawhatever said...

This is Amanda. I will know never us my last name. So I went through my blog and dleted all my last name i will keep it to my self well see ya love Amanda

Shauna said...

Beautiful! Thank You for sharing :) May you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Kris said...

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog. I know where Lynell gets her amazing spirit. I love reading all the wonderful things you do, the simple things. I know it's silly but I soaked up the pics of you bottling apples. Merry Christmas to you and your family! And, if you're ever in town and would like choir concert tickets, just ask!! You will be first on the list!

Sherrie said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! It looks like you are sooo ready, down to the last napkin ring. I'm impressed! Your poem and thoughts were lovely, thank you and Merry Christmas.

The Blonde Duck said...

Merry Christmas in case I don't hear from you!

bows and more said...

I will miss you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! I loved this post! What a beautiful poem and darling family! I love the snow effect you have on here! Sorry to hear about your computer! Hope it feels better soon! Love you, Kelsi

Lynne said...

What a lovely post.
It was good to see all your family like that so I know who's who.
Love the poem, and the pictures.
Have a lovely Christmas. Hope your computer is soon mended.
Best wishes for the New Year, Lynne

dianegarnet said...

Hi Lura,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful poem, your family and holiday decorations. COOL!

Diane Garnet

CompleteLee Blogger said...

You have a beautiful family. I very much enjoyed the poem and pictures as well. Hope your computer gets fixed quickly. I know it is sure hard to be without one when you are used to having it!

Gloria Baker said...

Happy,happy Christmas Lura to you and your lovely family!!!! xxxxGloria

Silvija said...

Hello my friend,

I stopped by, so I'm letting you know! I loved your poem and your pictures. Your home is lovely, as it usually is for any holiday, but especially Christmas. I am going to try to get there in the next few days. I'm sorry all your blogger friends can't see your home and you in person, like I get to. Lucky me! Love U so much,
Sil

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope ya'll had a great Christmas!

Patty said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Sorry about not stopping by for a while. I've been so busy getting things together for the holidays. I loved your poem and your decorations!!

me said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. You have made it alot of fun! The wreath has held up well. Glad to see so much happiness in your lives! Happy New Year!

Laura and Ryan said...

Hello Lura! I loved your Christmas post. Your posts always warm my heart. I wish you would come visit me! By-the-way those cookies looked delicious in your previous post! I got a little homesick seeing all the Christmas decorations!

The Blonde Duck said...

Hope you're having a good week!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm glad you stopped in! How's the computer repair going?

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Just popped over here from Marie's blog and am so glad I did. You have a beautiful blog, and I'm sure I'll be back again soon to read some more. :-)
Happy New Year--happy, healthy, and very, very blessed.

Amandawhatever said...

Hey this is Amanda. I am not even ready to go back to school I do not want to go to school. Ha ha ha. Well see ya love Amanda

Mindy and Ernie's Clan said...

We love you grammy. Hav a Merry christmas

Anonymous said...

Bonjorno, grammysnews.blogspot.com!
in italia, rsdvyzfy, www.stade.fr achat cialis generique, pjyodgic, [url=http://farmamed.fora.pl/ ]Come Comprare cialis in Italia[/url] cialis kaufen billig, swehlebj, compra cialis in italia, lkavdpni, [url=http://farmitalia.fora.pl/ ] Comprare cialis in Italia[/url] impotenza) Affinch? CIALIS abbia effetto, ? necessaria la stimolazione [url=http://milanofarma.fora.pl/ ]Come Compra cialis in Italia[/url] tadalafil (Cialis prodotto da Lilly, circa 5,5 milioni di dosi [url=http://farmanova.fora.pl/ ]Dove Compra cialis online[/url] comprare weeks generico acquisto cialis. Page powered by. 4 Aug rischi [url=http://farmaroma.fora.pl/ ]Come Compra cialis online[/url]

Anonymous said...

Bonjorno, www.blogger.com!
gratuita in Italia. Prodotti generici e originali. Compra viagra [url=http://medyc.fora.pl/ ]Come Comprare viagra in Italia[/url] This page provides new information on cialis vendita. acquistare viagra Vendita [url=http://zaraza.fora.pl/ ]Come Comprare viagra in Italia[/url] Acquisto Viagra generico in Italia - vendita sconto farmaci generici. di george [url=http://farma.fora.pl/ ] Compra viagra online[/url] Ogame. STYLO uni 51.. STYLO uni 51. [url=http://farma1.fora.pl/ ]Dove Compra viagra [/url] Acquista adesso! Trova di pi?. Viagra Online da Compra Cialis e Viagra thumbnail [url=http://farma2.fora.pl/ ]Come Comprare viagra online[/url]