Hello again dear blog friends. I am back into the world of blogging. My Dell had a motherboard transplant and has recovered well. I am glad to have her working again. I have missed posting and visiting your blogs....
1. Having my Dell fixed and working makes me smile.
It is nice to be able to start out by wishing you a Happy New Year and tell you about some of the other reasons I have been smiling this week.
...
...
2. Starting a New Year makes me smile.
It is always nice to have a fresh start with a chance to improve our lives, work a little harder, love a little more, be a little more charitable and grow closer to our Heavenly Father.
I will make a New Year post later and tell you all about the exciting things we did to celebrate. We were really a wild bunch here... we even stayed up until midnight....whoopee!
...
I have truly been blessed and have had sooooo much to smile about this past week. I will tell you a few of the reasons this week and then I will continue it next week. I've saved up a month worth of smiles.
...
3. Having our family together was my biggest reason to smile.
This is the first time that we have all been together since Erin's wedding two and a half years ago.
It was wonderful... My cheeks were tired from smiling all week.
There were 19 of us together. We really missed Dathan and Jordan who could not take off work, but we were thankful that everyone else could come.
We just couldn't get enough of these sweet grandkids. Next May Marla will give us one more grandson which will be our 12th grandchild....are we blessed or what!!! Smile...Smile...Smile
...


We created works of art...
We danced some more while Patrick and EJ sing for us.
We loved being together

We played hours of wii and had fierce competitions. (David and John ski jumped until after 12:00 last night.)
We rocked the house and had a great time.

Everyone took a turn with the microphone.
All of this playing made us work up big appetites. We had to take a break from all the playing and fix food for this gang. We worked together well. We found that the old saying that "Too many cooks spoil the food" was not true in our case.
Grammy loved having her girls helping in the kitchen.
Feeding 19 people for a week is lot of work. Everyone pitched in and helped. Even the little girls had jobs to do.... and they did them with a smile.
and we ate...
and we.... well you get the idea.
Our good friends, Sil and Ron joined us for our belated Christmas dinner.
...and then we ate some more....
We spent Christmas eve and Christmas day with Mindy and her family and had a wonderful time. I will post a slide show at the end of this post to show highlights of our 1st Christmas. Our out of state kids all arrived Dec. 26th and Dec. 27th. That is when we had our belated Christmas dinner and our 2nd Christmas gift exchange.

We gave Erin and Patrick a wii game and accessories. .. they are our wii champions you know.
Jalen created and designed this tee shirt for Grampy.
...
4. I'm glad that we all get along so well and have so much fun playing and working together.
We danced
(Like father like son...what can I say??)
We created works of art...
We danced some more while Patrick and EJ sing for us.
We loved being together
We played hours of wii and had fierce competitions. (David and John ski jumped until after 12:00 last night.)
We may not be the greatest singers but we are surely the loudest!
I am smiling just thinking about it.
All of this playing made us work up big appetites. We had to take a break from all the playing and fix food for this gang. We worked together well. We found that the old saying that "Too many cooks spoil the food" was not true in our case.
Grammy loved having her girls helping in the kitchen.
Feeding 19 people for a week is lot of work. Everyone pitched in and helped. Even the little girls had jobs to do.... and they did them with a smile.
...
and we ate...
and we.... well you get the idea.
Our good friends, Sil and Ron joined us for our belated Christmas dinner.
...and then we ate some more....
...of course we always used our best manners!
...
6. We got to have a 2nd Christmas....
We gave Erin and Patrick a wii game and accessories. .. they are our wii champions you know.
..
Erin and Patrick gave us a wonderful gift. They took all the old movie camera reels we had made of the kids when they were small and put them on DVDs for us. What a treasure to watch those old movies of our family when they were tiny and John and I were young. Boy have we changed through the years!
Erin and Patrick gave us a wonderful gift. They took all the old movie camera reels we had made of the kids when they were small and put them on DVDs for us. What a treasure to watch those old movies of our family when they were tiny and John and I were young. Boy have we changed through the years!
David gave him the cool hat.
Of course eating candy went well with the gift exchange.
.... Was the gift of love we shared.... Our 4 grand-daughters made us this poster.
...and the joy of being together.
I hope that all of you had a healthy and happy holiday week too. I am anxious to get caught up reading your posts and hearing from you. I appreciate all of you that made comments on my last post. Thank you so much for taking time to say hello. I always love hearing from you.
...
I will post a scrapbook slideshow below of our 1st Christmas that we had with Mindy, Ernie and their family before our out of state kids got here. Have a good week. Love, Grammy Lura
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |










20 comments:
Welcome back and Happy New Year!!!
What a beautiful family you have.
You have much to be proud of.
What a great way to start the New year!
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL PICTURES.....and I am happy your computer survived the surgery !!! I had been checking your blog every day in hopes.....
Our Christmas was very quiet this year. We had a bad snow storm and the roads were straight ice. We called all the families early Christmas morning and asked them to just stay off the roads and be safe. Ned and I enjoyed our day together though....and thank heavens for the telephone !!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR FILLED WITH HEALTH AND HAPPINESS !!!! LOL
Yay you're back! Sorry we kept Jordan away... Dayne sure did appreciate his help though! Isn't being with family the greatest ever? Happy New Year!!
Mom, I love the pictures. It was such a wonderful trip. It was hard to leave and come home to reality. We love coming to your house and we love you!
Enjoyed looking at all your pictures, and the captions that went with them, and I do have to agree with you that having all the family together is a very huge reason to be happy.
BTW, I love that song on your blog (I am a child of God). Do you have some kind of an html code for it that you would be willing to send me? My e-mail is skstein@comcast.net. Thanks.
What a neat family and what a special lady you are! I loved this post! It looks like you had a really great time with the ones you love the most! Happy New Year! Glad you are back! Love ya, Kelsi
That is fun this is Amanda well see ya love amanda
Yay! I'm glad you are back! Happy New Year!
So much fun stuff that went on...I can't wait to see what the new year brings.
What fun you guys had! Family time is the best, you have some great photos of the family, too. And yes, that Wii is really addicting, especially the ski jump, lol. Congrats on the 12th grandchild. :)
And Happy New Year!!!
i'm glad you have your computer back lura-i've missed yoU! it looks like you had an amazing christmas! i was smiling looking through all of your sweet pictures. your family is just so beautiful. and those group shots turned out so nice! i read a comment on marie's blog about you being sad because everyone had to leave and i'm sorry:( i always feel sad when we have to leave my parents house. why can't we all just live in the same area? its so hard to say goodbye to loved ones. i hope you are feeling better! happy new year-hope its brings you wonderful things!
Oh Lura, I checked in here this morning and this entry was not showing. I checked again tonight after you left your comment with me and here you are!! What a wonderful time you had with your lovely family! I just loved seeing all the pictures and reading your words. There is so much and love in all these pictures and words. I can only dream. One day, one day . . . Oh how I long to speak with you again. Perhaps one day soon? Let me know when is your best day. I am sitting over here in England right now, loving and missing you. Hey, do you have MSN? That would be cool too. We could burn up the computer keys chatting away! Sending love XXOO Hi John!!
Welcome back! It looks like ya'll had a fabulous time. I'm glad Austin liked the story! :)
Well it's clear to see that you had a wonderful holiday. I've missed you so when I make my morning rounds of blogger friends. I'm thrilled that your Dell is well again. By the way, you have a darling family!!!
Well it's clear to see that you had a wonderful holiday. I've missed you so when I make my morning rounds of blogger friends. I'm thrilled that your Dell is well again. By the way, you have a darling family!!!
This is Amanda. Thanks for saying happy birthday to me i just gor back from school. I have homework well see ya love Amanda
What a great week! We had such a great time! In fact, we were so busy playing that we did not take any pictures- can you believe it? We should have copied some of yours... bummer.
We are now home safe and sound. We had a great time in Indiana too!
We are so lucky to have such a great family!
Thank you for all of your hard work and making it such a wonderful trip!
I loved reading your Sunday Six!! Your family is beautiful! I'm happy your computer is up and running again so I can be inspired to be better. I am also jealous of those pool pics in December. I'm freeeezing over here!! Happy New Year!
Wow, it looks like you had a fun filled week. The family pictures are beautiful. We didn't catch everyone after church in time to take pictures before the Sunday clothes were off!
Wow you have quite a great looking family there and I am so glad you got your HP fixed and running again too! Happy New Year!
Wow Grammy, were you in heaven or what?? What a great time you had together! That is one happy and Gorgeous family you have there. It is even better to know that they are all great people too!!
Post a Comment