It is an hour an a half early for my Sunday six since it is now 10:30 p.m. Sat. night. However, knowing my blogging luck it will be midnight by the time I get all of the pictures loaded and it will be officially Sunday. I have a very busy day tomorrow and thought if I did not get a head start on my Sunday Six that I might not do it at all. So.... here I go
1. I just love the spirit of Christmas love.Five people wished me Merry Christmas while I was in the store yesterday. It was after I had wished them Merry Christmas first but it made me smile just the same.
...
I know some say that Christmas is too commercial etc. etc. but I love it. We are on a lower budget now that we are retired but it is still so much fun thinking of little gifts that will please my family and friends. I get so excited wrapping them up and waiting to give them away. Some may see something else, like crowds and traffic, but I see love all around me.... everywhere I go.... Christmas love makes me smile.
...
2. Being around good people makes me smile.
...
When I was teaching high school I use to be surrounded by teens who used profanity and took the Lord's name in vain. I am so glad that I don't have to be around that kind of language any more. Now my days are spent with good people who love the Lord and serve him. That makes me smile.
...
...
3. Christmas programs make me smile.
...
Tonight we went to a wonderful Christmas program put on by Mindy and Ernie's stake. It was two hours of beautiful Christmas music. All of the missionaries from the San Bernardino mission formed one of the choirs that sang. Seeing all of those young men and women as well as the older, senior missionaries singing praises to God was very touching.
...
My heart was also touched as I listened to my Mindy play 3 songs in a flute duet. I feel that heaven is not very far away when I can watch and listen to my precious Mindy play her flute. To me she looks and sounds like an angel. Ernie played his trumpet beautifully as part of the stake orchestra that accompanied the stake choir. John and I got to sit with their 3 little ones while their mom and dad preformed. It was a wonderful evening in every way that left my spirit soaring. Christmas programs make me smile.
...
...
4. Making Marie's Christmas cookies make me smile.
...
5. I am thankful that John is such a good grandfather.
...
6. I am so thankful that our Erin has her Patrick.
....
It is midnight now....just as I suspected it would be.... so this is officially my Sunday Six. Thank you for sharing it with me.
I hope that you have had lots to smile about this past week too. I hope that you will leave me a comment and tell me about it.
Enjoy every minute of your busy week ahead getting ready for Christmas.
Enjoy the season because before we know it, it will only be another memory. Make it a good one.
I am trying to make a Christmas card post. I have written a poem that I want to share with you. I am trying to get together pictures to go with it. I will try to get it posted in a few days.
Love to all, GrammyLura







13 comments:
Well, good morning my dear friend! I love the feeling of Christmas, the Merry Christmases and the smiling hello's. There is a great spirit out there, sometimes we just have to be ones to initiate it. You have had many lovely experiences to bring in the Christmas spirit, the music, the baking, and appreciating all your blessings! Thank you for uplifting us with your Sunday Six!
As always I look forward to and enjoy your postings greatly. You never disappoint! Thanks!
Dear Lura, you make me smile!!! I love your sunday six, I love Christmas too!!! Said to Erin I think God will be sebd something special to them, Im sure!!!
Psst: I love your Christmas jacket so cute!!!!!I love denim too!
This is Amanda your posts are always make me smile:
All i want for christmas is my herschey bar so yummy and brown.
I can already feel the christmas love and spiret well see ya love amanda
Lura, I loved this post. Everything you speak about made me smile too. The love of family and friends, which is so evident here on your blog and what drew me to come back and visit you time and time again. Christmas is love. Thank you so much for sharing your love with us time and time again. I love you so much my sweet friend. Why oh why do you have to live so far away!!! I am so glad that you and Austin were able to enjoy those cookies. It just does my heart so much good to see you together and John too. You are such wonderful grandparents. Uplifting as always. I, too, believe that HF has a special spirit just waiting to come into Erin and Patrick's lives. Soon, soon . . .
What a beautiful post. I enjoy reading your blog although I do not comment often know that I read often and happy to see such great spirits. Having been involved with housing young un-wed moms giving up their babies it is indeed one of the most heart wrenching experiences in life. You see the beautiful side of one giving and one receiving. It will happen and when it does Erin will melt holding the precious child that will take away the pain she once felt. A lesson I've had to learn so hard so far is "in the Lord's time" hard but true. She is going to be a great mom and you a great grandma for sure. Take care of you. Love you and your family.
Hey it is me amanda sorry i did not hav a poll of the baby i will right know i will some day have you on my blog and come on my blog to vote the the baby well see ya love amanda
i always love your sunday six! i love marie's reindeer cookie recipe. it is so fun and so cute. i love austin's "serious" face:) he is such a cutie pie. anyways, hope you are having a great sunday evening!
My mom does not care i don't care yes you can mentin me on your blog and on your sunday six go to www.mr-fuzzy.com and look at some vidios see ya love amanda mingl
this is amanda this is the username and the password the the www.mr-fuzzy.com
username:Newl
password:LEARN
see ya it is a magic trick on the web site see ya love amanda
Great 6! I love saying Merry Christmas, too. Mostly because I can tell people are relieved someone else said it and they won't offend me by saying it back! Way cute job on the cookies, Austin! (I'm sure he did all the work, wink!) How nice to be able to work at the temple surrounded by those sharing our faith. My sister works at the Bountiful Temple here now, a blessing she has sorely needed!
Hey mom, I love your Sunday six. those are the cutest cookies ever. We can't wait to come and visit. We are so excited. WE love you.
Hi mom,
As always, love the Sunday six! Thank you for saying such sweet things about us.
Today I got to babysit my friend's 6 week old baby... He slept most of the time, so I just rocked him and loved every second of it!
Post a Comment