My Sunday Six will be short of pictures this week. I have lots to smile about and be thankful for, but I only have a short while to be on the computer. This week is full of family and visiting and fun and cooking and eating...and not much time for blogging. ... even though you blog friends are special and dear to me.We have not had much autumn weather in CA. We have had a few cooler days but mostly we have been in the 80s and 90s or higher.... along with hot Santa Ana Winds. That is not too conducive to lighting a fire in the fireplace or having hot chocolate.....but.....I still love the spirit of fall... The spirit of the harvest.... The spirit of Thanksgiving. Isn't it nice that we have a special season set aside to be thankful! It is a special season that brings family and friends together to count our blessing and celebrate. This Thanksgiving season makes me smile.
...
2. I am thankful for my testimony.
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that He died for us and took our sins upon Himself so that we will be able to be forgiven and return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again. I believe the Bible when it says that some day every knee will bend and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ. I feel blessed that I know this when so many in the world do not. I wish that I could share my testimony of His gospel with all of the world. I wish that everyone could feel the same joy that my testimony brings to me.
...
3. I am thankful for my family.
Erin found this old picture of our family among her things. I know that it is a silly one but I just love it. It reminds me of the fun times we had together when our kids were growing up. It makes me smile to think of my family....
I feel so blessed to have a good husband and children that love me and the Lord and try to follow His teachings in their daily lives. I am thankful that our children are teaching their children to read the scriptures and follow the examples of Jesus. None of us is perfect that is for sure.....but we are trying to be good and live righteous lives. When we make mistakes we try to repent and do better the next day.
...
When our four children were small, John and I tried to set good examples for them. Now that they are grown they are setting good examples for us. Nothing in this world....not wealth....or fame...or power could bring me the joy that my family does. I am thankful for each one of them.
...
4. I am thankful for the scriptures.
I am so thankful that I can learn about what God wants me to do through the scriptures. Today in church a return missionary told us that in the area of the world she had served in, most did not have scriptures of their own. Families would get together to read and share the gospel messages with each other.
...
I am so glad that I have been raised having and reading the scriptures. I love the Bible and the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ. It does not take the place of the Bible but is a companion to it. It is the story of the people that lived on this continent at the same time the Bible was written about the people that lived in the Jerusalem area.
...
Many of you may think that I am foolish to believe in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon offers a challenge to those of you who feel this way. In Moroni chapter 10 verse 4 it says if you will read the Book of Mormon with a sincere heart and pray and asked God if it is true, the Holy Ghost will manifest the truthfulness of the book to you. I have done this. I love reading in both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. They bring peace, comfort and direction to my soul. If you do not read the scriptures regularly I invite you to do so. They will bring smiles to your face, and hope to your heart, as they do mine.
...
5. I am thankful for good friends of all denominations and faiths that set a good example for me to follow.
5. I am thankful for good friends of all denominations and faiths that set a good example for me to follow.
...
6. I am thankful for my blog friends.
Reading through your various posts brings me so much pleasure. You set good examples for me. You make me laugh. You give me recipes. You inspire me. You touch my heart. Sometimes you make me cry as I read of the challenges you face with courage and faith. You make me want to be a better person as I read of the service you give to others.
...
I look forward to the comments you make on my blog. I appreciate how good you are to me and how supportive you are. I started this blog just to keep in touch with my children that live outside of CA. I never thought that I would make such dear friends in cyberspace. Thanks to each of you that brighten my world and make it a better place. You truly do make me smile.
...
I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving.
May God's blessings be upon you all.
...
Love, Grammy Lura








18 comments:
I love your Sunday Six. It's so refreshing to hear people be grateful for things, even when they're going through trials. I gave a lesson in R.S. last month on standing fast through the storms of life. One quote of Joseph's struck me: "Let us be thankful that it is as well with us as it is... and we are yet alive..." I know when I feel I'm in the depths of sadness and darness, I can at least say this quote without feeling like a hypocrite.
Thought you'd find that interesting, hope you have a GREAT week, and happy Thanksgiving, even though you won't get to see Lynell & fam as you usually do. Our side of the family will not take being with them for granted if it makes you feel any better!
♥ Tricia
Hey this is amanda just droping by and saying hi so what you doing i have been working on this tree for school every one around the school is going to vote and at the end who ever has the most votes win a prize i don't know what the prize is my mom gave a lesson today so drop by my blog and leave a comment is you want to see ya love amanda mingl
Your spirit shines so very bright. I feel as though I know your heart, though I don't know you personally. Have a blessed holiday week with your darling family.
I love your Sunday Six.......and I know what you mean about the blessings of "cyber friends"....I feel so lucky to have met you...:)
Have a wonderful week!!
((Hugs))
Dana
As always, I love your Sunday Six Lura. I had meant to do mine yesterday but then got sidetracked by the death of my Aunt. I am so very grateful Lura for the internet that has brought wonderful people and friends like you into my life. I count you as a very dear friend, and even though we have never met in person (yet!) I cherish what we have with each other and the dream of one day meeting. I am so glad our spirits touched! I hope that you have a lovely holiday with your family. Don't eat too much turkey! oh heck what am I saying! Of course you will eat too much turkey and pumpkin pie. we all do! XXOO sending lots of love your way.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! What a lovely post!
Sunday six is one of my favs!
And, I was going to second your #6...I'm thankful for my bloggy grammy!
As always love your sunday six! What a cute family photo! Man Loni looks like Lynell in that picture! I wish I lived by Layton but I am in St.George in the southern part of the state! Are you driving? If so you would be passing by and maybe we could do lunch or something! I would love to meet you too! Take care, Kelsi
hey thanks again this is amanda just saying hi and saying thank you do you have any pets it hunts me just kidden i have 4 cats 1 dog 1 rabbit well see ya loni was licking her had and was puting it on every one it was funny they were running away some other girls was doing it too at dance well hope i can see you in person while you are in utah see ya love amanda mingl
Hi Lura, it's me, Angie, just wanting to say Happy Thanksgiving. I wish we had such a time as Thanksgiving here in England. It sounds so close and special and happy. Never mind, I'll just have to make do with giving thanks, as I do always. At least the turkeys are safe - until Christmas anyway!
much love, Angie, xx
Happy Thanksgiving!
those are all wonderful things to smile about! what would we do without our family and great friends? hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving!! so far, i'm having a great week in corpus. i'm at my inlaws right now and then tomorrow i will be at my mom's house. we love being with them and am always sad when we have to say goodbye..which will be saturday:( anyways, have a great week and eat lots of turkey and pie! i know i will!
HI it is amanda remmenmber happy thanksgiving well see ya love amanda mingl
Happy Thanksgiving. How fun to be with Lanell and Erin. I'm sure your time is filled with lots of laughter.
I hit publish before I realized that I spelled Lynell's name wrong. Maybe I should just go to bed (smile).
I love that you are one HIP grandma who blogs!! Thanks for all your wonderful inspiring posts and showing me the other side of this bridge of raising children. Your children are amazing. Thanks for your example!
Hey it is amanda i wish i can see you i am going to clean th stodio the old one today My brother just got a lap top and a printer you know how you have to get up really late to get something my brothe hase how even gone to sleep yet crazy right well thanks for doing a comment on my blog well see ya love amanda arnette mingl
Hi Lura,
I loved this !! I hope you had a blessed and bountiful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment