...
We elected a new president.
...
I did not vote for Obama.
I do not agree with his views or policies.
I do not want him to be our leader.....
...
but, millions who voted do....
...
Perhaps you do...
or....
Perhaps, like me, you are disappointed that he won...
...
However, no matter how we felt yesterday, I think we need to come together as Americans today.
...
That is how it works in a democracy...and we must respect Obama as our President elect.
...
We must respect his office.
...
We must respect each other even if we have different views on how our government should be run.
...
I am happy for all of those who are so thrilled that Obama won.
...
I will pray for our new president elect.
...
I will pray that he will seek God's help in leading this great country....
...
...
I hope that you will pray for him too.
...
Even though my candidate for president did not win we are celebrating one victory that we worked very hard on.
This was very hard for me. We faced great opposition on every side especially from the media.
...
What drove us was we feel, based on the bible, that marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman and ideally every family should have a mother and a father.
...
We do not feel intolerant of those with other life styles.
...
...
I have friends who are lesbian and a nephew I loved was gay and passed away from AIDS.
...
They are good people.
...
I care for them but I don't agree with their life style.
..
We do not wish them any harm or injustice....
...
We were not trying to take away any of the rights they already have through civil unions...
....
but we were accused of doing all of these things.
...
We have been called religious zealots and homophobes.
...
It is not easy to stand up for a moral value when so many tell you that you are wrong or even evil for your religious beliefs.
...
In spite of all of the effort and money put into prop 8, I was afraid it would not pass.
The opposition was overwhelming.
...
But it did pass....52 to 47 percent... which is not much.... but it passed.
...
I know that some of you reading this will disagree with me but I believe that God helped us win this battle. I believe that the hearts of the voters were touched and that in spite of all the negative ads and media they voted to preserve the sacred union of marriage.
...
The media can not believe that it passed.
...
The news tonight still will not call it a win.... even though 99% of the vote is in. They said even if it is a clear victory it will be taken to court again. I read that there are already cases before the court.
...
I am not surprised to hear this.
...
However, I am thankful for this win today and feel God helped us to achieve it.
...
No matter what happens we stood up for what we believe is morally right.
...
Some of us are happy with our new president.... some of us are not.
...
Some of us are happy about prop 8 and some are not.
...
But the people have spoken.
...
Isn't it wonderful to live in a country where we can all express our will through the voting process. ...
God Bless America!








18 comments:
I think it's important (like you) to pray for our new president regardless of who you voted for.
I agree - we need to respect each others choices. Too many bloggers aren't doing that. Thank you for saying so!!
Thank you for your courage to do and say what is right. We need to be in constant prayer for our Nation and our new leader. I also am not thrilled, but we must respect what the majority wants.
AMEN!!!!!!!!
i agree with everything you wrote 100% lura. i too, of course, am not happy about the outcome of the election, but its so important to just move forward. we did all we could do. i think its important to respect the new president to be and pray for him to make good choices. and i think its important to respect other peoples choices too. i believe in expressing my political opinion, but never in an offensive or argumentative way. everyone has the right to choose and the right to be respected. i'm so grateful to live in this country where we can vote freely and that the voice of the people is what dictates our government. we are so blessed to be American!
and hooray for pro p8! thank you for all of your efforts to get it passed. it was shocking that it passed, wasn't it? after all the media did to try and kill it. definitely the Lord had a hand in it. good work!
You are so right! I think what so many people that oppose 8 don't realize is that it would have a HUGE effect on our children in the public education system (look at MA, and the father that was taken to JAIL because he wanted the right to be informed before his child was taught about gay couples being normal!). Why would anyone, gay or straight, want their children forced to hear something that their parents don't believe is right? I don't want any child that has a different religion than mine (or none at all) to have to hear IN SCHOOL that his family is wrong, or be forced to pray as we do before lunch.
Off the soapbox now! ;)
God, PLEASE bless America!
What a blessing it is to be able to vote and have a say in our country! My husband and I often disagree about politics, and yet we love each other and our different opinions! Like you, we know that in the end, we must come together and support our country, and pray that He will show our leaders the path.
Let's hope it works out.
You put my exact feelings into words more beautifully and passionately than I could have. Thank you, and amen!
Ditto! Well said, Mom! Love you!
Lura, I agree with everything you have said here. I couldn't have said it better myself. I have friends that I love dearly that are gay and lesbian. I believe it is their right to choose to go their own way, but I also happen to believe that all that is good in society is based on family values and strong families. When we start to tear away at families and take away all that is good and pure about them, then we are destroying the very fabric of our society. I, too, am praying for your new president. I think he will need all the prayers he can get. He has inherited a mess and has a lot of work to do. Let's hope and pray that the decisions he makes and chooses are right and good for your country and for the world, for whatever America does the world soon follows. I Love you my friend. I hope that you had a lovely evening at the Temple. (((hugs))) You GO girl!
Regardless of who won the election, either candidate deserves our respect and support. This country is too divided..."the haves and the have nots". Retirees that have saved all their lives, lived within their means, paid their bills, not used "plastic" and just plain obeyed the rules...have been lost in the shuffle. Young people are seeing their 410-K's dwindle down, and people looking at retirement are having to postpone retiring.
The stock market is IN THE PITS because of the greed of many. These are also issues that are against what Heavenly Father has taught us....however..my feelings are, that money seems to make it all right. My prayer is that soon, people will learn that money does not spell success, happiness and contentment.
Thanks for posting your thoughts Lura....we all need to respect each others choices...and yes, I will be praying for the success of President Elect Obama. LOL
I hope you have a great weekend and had a great time with your family in Kentucky!
I too am praying for our new leaders - for wisdom and discernment and courage to do what is right for our nation. blessings, marlene
I've been following the protests in California since prop 8 passed. It's really sad what is happening. It is certainly starting to look like the last days!!
I think you said it best when you said, "I think we need to come together as Americans...I will pray for our new president elect."
So. will. I.
I think the battle is still going to go on with Prop 8......I:(
Hope all is well!!
I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment