
I've spend the last several days sweeping up leaves and cleaning our patios. This may not sound like a big job, but believe me at our house it is. Since John has a large front yard to mow and a large orchard area in the back to tend, he did not want to have to mow a back yard. So, he built patios (5 of them) over most of our back yard. Every year with the winds ,rains and cob webs they get to be a mess. So, every spring I have to do a major clean up job. Since Grandma B reminded me that it was May Day, I decided to get busy and get my patios ready for summer. I've spent most of this week cleaning and planting. Now all I need is company to enjoy them with me. Pack your bags and come on over.

I replanted the pots that needed it and trimmed and "groomed" the others.

John takes a little break. The water line into our property broke and he has been working on fixing it all day. With all of our vegetation and this warm (hot) weather, we can't do without water for very long.

We can't wait to fire up the
fire pit and roast
marshmallows.

Heidi is ready for company too.

As you can see, along with my flowers I've planted squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, chives and lettuce. Those who know us may wonder why I've planted veggies in planters since we have a lot of land to plant a garden. It is because we have been at war for years with the rabbits, squirrels and gophers that always eat more of our produce than we do. We finally gave up on the garden idea and reverted to a planter garden. So far the little critters have not ventured down onto our patio for a snack. However, I
wouldn't put it past them.

The tables are ready for pool side dining. When our kids were at home this was the site of endless teenage parties. When I look at this picture my mind is full of memories of fun times spent here. Now, except for when our kids visit, we don't use the patios as much as I would like. We try to recruit users, but friends only drop by occassionally and we just have church pool parties once in a while. So, John and I enjoy it on our own. We usually eat breakfast in the patio and lunch too if it is not too hot.

Bring your suit and jump right in. We just converted over to a salt water pool. Now my
blondies won't end up with green hair from the chlorine any more.... By the way, if you look between the trees you can see the
wood shop and
tractor garage John built. When he told me he wanted to build a "shed" I didn't realize it would be two stories high and almost as big as our house!!

Let me know when you are coming and we'll fire up the b-b-q. All we need are people and we can have a party. Did this blog tempt anyone to come visit? I hope so!
10 comments:
My goodness, your yard is simply beautiful...and your flowers...what can I say !!! I would probably live the rest of life outside if I lived there. To heck with cleaning, cooking, sleeping indoors. Thank you so much for posting these beautiful pictures.
Thanks Grandma B. You and Ned are welcome to come and join us any time.
It looks wonderful. I know how much work it is to get clean. You did a fabulous job. Yes we are tempted. I wish we were there already. Of course, we don't need the yard and pool to tempt us. We'd visit you no matter where you were!
Man, I'm so jealous! We wish we could blink our eyes and be there with you! It looks fantastic Mom! It's nice when hard work is rewarded so nicely!
We are still waiting for warm weather. It snowed here last week! ARRGG!!
One more comment is in order
IT LOOKS LIKE PARADISE !!! right here on this earth.....
I like coming to your house to swim because the pool is so clean. Love EJ
I like coming to swim at your house because it is funny playing with you in the pool grammy. Love Claire
aw, i just read your comments from your grandkids-how precious!
i have to second everything everyone has said-FAB-U-LESS! that is one incredible backyard you have there! i'll come visit! well, i would if you lived closer to me!
Wow! i never saw your home before, but this looks great!
My Grandma had the best backyard with a pool and I always wished she would swim with us. Your grandkids are so lucky that you do!
hey that makes me just want to pack up my bag and be on our way but you are coming soon enough that we dont need to. well see you soon. I want to see how clean it is in real life. stop tempting me
I'm sure sorry I wasn't able to come this week, as I was really looking forward to seeing your beautiful yard, all cleaned up, and spending some "Lura" time with you. I will come as soon as you get home, life permitting. Your hard work shows beautifully, my dear friend!
Sil
Post a Comment