This is the Lonica "brag" blog that I warned you was coming. Loni is Lynell's youngest child. Even though she has 4 older brothers, she is ALL GIRL. We went to Orem, Utah last weekend to see her compete in Champion Productions national competition. She had won "Queen" in the previous competitions (queen is the highest rating) so in this one she was competing only against other "Queens" ..... So I guess you could call this a "Royal" competition. Since she was the youngest in her division, competing against the best, it was both exciting and nerve racking.
She did 6 different dances (2 solos and 4 team ) and was kept busy changing costumes and hair styles. Here Lynell helps her get ready for her lyrical solo

After each performance she had a hug for her Grampy and Grammy
This was her jazz dance costume. She also did a great job on her jazz solo.
This was her modern dance costume. I didn't think this costume was that cute but the girl who wore it was.
Since Lonica just barely turned 9 she had to compete in the 9-12 year old category. We warned her that being the youngest in this division she probably would not win. However, she proved us wrong. She won "Queen" with both her lyrical and jazz solos. She got two 1st places, one 2nd place and one 4 place on the 4 team dances she was in. Way to go Loni!
After each performance she had a hug for her Grampy and Grammy
This is part of her lyrical dance. Unfortunately, I missed filming her fuete turn series which were her most advanced moves.
This is the end of her lyrical solo. I added it in just because I think it is pretty.
This is some of her jazz solo
This is what Lonica looks like without her dance makeup on. We like her best this way...... our sweet Loni-Lou. We are so glad that we could spend this time with you. You did a great job at your dance competition. You will always be my special "Honey Bunny"







16 comments:
Way to go Lonica!! Well done! You have such lovely grandchildren. You're so lucky to live as close to them as you do. I have two grandsons, both 2. I have only ever been able to hold one of them. They live a whole ocean away. I have to spoil them through the mail!
its hard to believe she is only 9! wow! she must practice practice practice! shes adorable and incredibly talented. my kids are way too shy to do that. i was just happy that my daughter did the routine and smiled twice:)
Man... She is incredible!!
I wish I could dance like that... well I try to in my living room when I'm all alone, but NEVER in public! Smile
What a great post, Mom! I love all the pictures and the videos. Nicely done!
Good job Loni!
thanks grammy you know i dont like that costume eather it is weird plus creapy
ps i like you grammy oops way off i love you so much you won't ever know love you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox love you
dang loni, you are an amazing dancer and an amazing sister. I love you and grammy so so very much. I am so glad that grammy could come to our house this week you are the greatest grandma in the world. and next time we go to your house don't worry you pool will have an amazing amount of kids. can't wait love your grandson johnny
Yay for Loni-Lou! She looks so beautiful!
I have always admired Lynell's family because they are just incredible and Lonica shows that! She has such a bright future ahead of her! Thanks for the comment on my blog, and of course you can have a link to mine off of yours. This blogging thing is SOOO addictive!
Another great reason to "brag".
She is amazing!
You have a talented family.
Even more amazing is your ability to put video on your blog...very impressive!
Thanks for sharing!
What talented grand kids you have. They sure keep you busy going from performance to performance, to sporting event to sporting event. Very fun.
AWW...
I can't believe you came all that way for her! What a good set of Grandparents you are!!!
Sure love ya, Grammy Staffy!!!
Awww, she is so cute and pretty :)
I looove her jazz costume :)
Thanks for the great spotlight. It was amazing to me that you would drive up to support us like this. We are lucky to have you in our lives. It was so much fun to be able to share our crazy memorable weekend with you. I love all of your cute pictures. You really captured the event. We love you.
Firstly thanks so much for thinking of us.
I have posted a bit more detail on the end of that post in the comments section.
But in brief we will probably go to the special school.
I don't want to bore you with all the details but yes it's there if you read the comments on Logans post.
Your grandchildren are beautiful and talented.
I used to do Calestentics growing up so it brings back a lot of memories.
Take care
Kristen
What a talented young lady...and so beautiful also. You must be very proud of her.
I have been very busy lately. Spent all last weekend in SLC for a conference. It was informative, but all the sitting got to me. Always am happy when I get home.
Well, they say apples don't fall far from the tree . . . An amazing grammy has an amazing granddaughter - not to skip the amazing daughter in between!
Most impressive dance routines - shows what talent and hard work does! And so beautiful, too! Your whole family!
I love you all. Sil
LONI is so great i have a solo to it is welcome to the 60's this is amanda mingl rememmber i love loni when she dances she is a pretty girl i wish i saw her last year i love loni when she dances well see ya later love amanda mingl p.s. you have a pretty and talented grand-dargher you have see ya love amanda mingl
Post a Comment