

Our little Austin always spends the night with us on the days our daughter works because she has to leave too early in the morning for me to get him before she goes. He is used to getting up around 6:00 a.m. Since we retired last Sept. we are lazy and like to sleep in until 8:00 or 8:30. I've found if I go into Austin's room early in the morn, and lie down on the bed across from his crib where he can see me, he is happy to stay in his bed longer and I can usually get an extra hour of sleep.
This morning I went in about 5:30 a.m. but I had trouble falling back to sleep. I tossed and turned for about an hour. Then around 6:30 I heard my front door open and the excited voices of Claire Bear and E.J., Austin's older siblings. I couldn't figure out why they were here since they always leave for school with their mom about 7:00 a.m. I got up to find, Mindy, Ernie and the kids with great big smiles standing in our family room. I ask what was going on and they said it was a surprise. Just then I saw my daughter, Lynell, who lives out of state. The family laughed and said they had just picked her up at the airport. I couldn't believe it. She gave me a big hug and told me she had come to spend the week with us. I was so happy. What a surprise!........then I woke up........It was all a dream.
Needless to say.....the rest of the day has been anticlimactic to say the least. Oh well....they say that some dreams come true. Lynell, Erin, David... are any of you coming for a visit soon? I miss you. (Thank goodness I have Mindy and family close by). I love you all.







9 comments:
I hate when dreams feel that real when I really want it to be true!
I love that you love spending time with your grandchildren, you have a very generous heart!
oh, how i hate waking up from wonderful dreams!
Hey Mom, I sure wish it wasn't a dream. I would love to be able to come and spend a week with you. I will say that my family probably wouldn't be quite as excited!
I love you. It is so sad that we live so far away. Just know that you are always here in my heart.
And I was glad to hear that you didn't think it was a nightmare. Ü
Dream me there too! I want to come play!
You're lucky it was a good dream, my most realistic dreams are always something along these lines... I wake up late for school and I'm FRANTICALLY running around to get there on time, drive to school, pass the principal-who now knows I'm way late and then... Poof... I wake up, just in time for me to get ready AGAIN! ARRGGG!
So sorry it was just a dream...but remember, "a dream is a wish the heart makes".
Holly is married to our grandson Ryan. He will be graduating from Utah State the 3rd of May. He majored in music studies and is a composer. He has written several pieces and is waiting for one of them to be published. He will be working in the music department at Utah State. His wife is an Art Major and they have 2 darling little girls {great-granddaughters} as you can see. We are blessed to have such talented people. Have a super day !!!
Oh! I was getting so excited for you! And then...sniff sniff...that was sad!
How lucky you are to have Lynell for a daughter! She's ADOREABLE! I'm sure I would be glad if she came to visit me, too!
Hopefully your day gets better!!!
HUGS
I just noticed that you have(one on the way) in your side bar. Who is the lucky one?
What a jolt back to reality. I think all good dreams should come true. I'll cross my fingers for you that this one does soon.
I wish we were coming, but we are not. Maybe soon ??????
Post a Comment