Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I won the lottery!!!





I did....I really won...I am soooo rich!!!! Oh, I don't mean the state lottery game. I actually never even buy tickets for that. I'm not wealthy in ways of the world but I won life's lottery and I am rich beyond measure in things that matter to me. I am so rich that I can hardly comprehend all that I am blessed to have.

As I listened to and sustained our new Prophet, Thomas S. Monson last weekend my heart was full with thankfulness that I know there is a living prophet on the earth who leads and guides us. How sad it is to me that there are so many who do not know this.

As I serve in the temple each week I think of how blessed I am to be there. Out of all of the people in world I have the opportunity of working in His holy house each week. Why me??? Why am I so lucky?

As I look at my family my cup runneth over. I have a good husband who loves and supports me. I have four of the world's best children. What did I ever do to deserve such wonderful children? I have sweet friends who are as or more deserving than I, who have had challenges and heart aches with their children. How could I be so blessed to have all my children love the Lord, love me and are striving to live good righteous lives?

While I am glad that I was able to teach for many years, I am thrilled to be retired. What a blessing to be able to use my day as I see fit. (Even being able to stay in bed when I'm sick instead of dragging to work is a blessing.) Why am I so lucky to be retired with my husband and enjoy this time of life?

I do not know the answer to these questions but my heart is full of gratitude. Those who know me know that my life is far from perfect. I would like to be thinner and prettier. I would like to have more money. I would like to have more talents. I would like to have better health. I would like to live closer to most of my children and grandchildren......but overall I am so blessed. I truly did win life's lottery and every day I thank my Heavenly Father for these blessings. Thanks to my family and friends who make my life so rich.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Mom, I feel exactly the same! We are so blessed! Daily I am in awe of my blessings.

Thank you for being such a loving, supportive, wonerful mother!

I love you so much!

Grandma B said...

If I were ever to win a lottery, the lottery you won, would be the one to win. Yes, conference was wonderful. When my daughter was in L.D.S. Hospital after being in a very serious car accident, I had the honor of riding the elevator with President Monson. He is so tall and stately. This was a while back, and I still remember that.

Retirement is wonderful...except for when it isn't. I am going to start posting pictures of my great-grandchildren soon...all 11 ( 1 more on the way) of them. I would post pictures of grand kids, but there are 24 of them.

What years did you teach, and where did you teach at? Good teachers are gifts all by themselves.

Lynell said...

I love you Mom! We sure are lucky to have each other. Thanks for being such a great example. It is so wonderful to always know how much I am loved. You are the best! Ü

hoLLy said...

what a beautiful post! it is SO important to remember all of our blessings and to reflect on the things the Lord has blessed us with daily. its easy to sometimes focus on the things we "wish" we had and compare ourselves to others. that can easily bring us down. thanks for reminding me to focus my attentions on the wonderful things i have in my life-most importantly the Savior and my family.

Grandma B said...

My Mom passes away in 1995. She was a wonderful person, to say the least. My Father passed away in 1974 from cancer. They lived in Helena, Mt. When my father retired from the military, he wanted open spaces and solitude, so there is no better place for that than Montana. It was rather difficult because of the distance, but, thank heavens for the telephone, and planes, trains, and automobiles. Through the years I have learned it isn't the quantity of time, but the quality of time.

I read your children's blog, and am facinated by them. I have a daughter who lives in Farmington and owns her own Interior Design business. She will graduate from Weber State University this year, with a degree in design. I try to talk her into blogging, but she is just so busy all the time. Once again, thanks for telephones and the computer.

Hope your health remains good, and you are able to enjoy your retirement years. So far, so good with me, but one never knows. That could change rapidly.

Marla said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.