Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another Lottery Payment





You may think that last weekend was great because we were blessed to listen to General Conference. I agree that was great. But, my weekend was even better . Except for being a bit sick with a sore throat and cough, I had a perfect weekend. Our little 6 year old granddaughter Claire came to spend it with us. In between conference sessions, she wanted to learn to sew. So we made a new dress for her doll, Elizabeth. This was Claire's first sewing experience and we had so much fun. Even though I helped, she could not have been happier with her sewing skills. When she left Sunday night, she asked when we could make another dress.
This is just an example of me getting another payment from life's lottery. Is there anything money could buy that would have brought me more pleasure than listening to conference and sewing with my Claire Bear last weekend? I can't think of any!




12 comments:

Marla said...

Emma would freak out if she saw this! She's dying to sew with Grammy!

Wendi said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog the other day. I had to look twice to see that you were a bloggin' grammy. I think that is so wonderful!
I agree... you definitely won the lottery last weekend. I want to learn to sew. Can you teach "blog sewing classes"?
I especially enjoyed reading this post when I read your granddaughters name, Claire. I have an 8(almost 9) year old daughter named Claire. We have always called her Claire Bear too!!!

Grandma B said...

How lucky you are...and also your grand child...the pictures are priceless to say the least. I left a comment on the blog site you left. Hopefully, things will go alright for the special child.

crusingrandma said...

way to cute. When can you teach me to sew. I think I'm toooo old to learn.

Heather said...

I love the dress. I need some help for my two girls Bitty Babies, you can't buy more outfits for them so I guess I need to sew something. They are Madame Alexander bitty dolls, help I need your advice.

Erin said...

I have said it before... but I can only hope we have a whole handful of girls! You will spoil them rotten!!

hoLLy said...

what a lucky little girl to have you as her grammy! what a fun activity to do together-she'll never forget the time spent with you!

Lynell said...

say hi to cair for me maybe we can sow a dress just like clairs for me and have twins
lonica

Lynell said...

Hey Mom,
It is so fun seeing you sew with Claire. What a wonderful Grammy you are. We love you and can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

That's darling! You are a great Grandma! My girls would LOVE that!!

Mindy and Ernie's Clan said...

Make me a blog grammy!
love, E.J.

Matchbox Mom said...

Oh Wow! What a blessing to have a little one in your home! You're such a good Grammy. My Grandma still plays with my kids, and it is such a blessing in their life, and mine too. I love that your whole life revolves around those little ones!