I love sewing . When my girls were young I made most of their fancy dresses and then their prom and formal dresses as they got older. I don't have much artistic or musical talent (at least not compared to my super talented family)but being creative at the sewing machine comes easily for me. Some argue that with patterns, fabric and supplies being so expensive now it is more economical to buy clothes rather than go to the work of making them. I can not really disagree with that point of view but to me, sewing is an act of love. When I am making something beautiful for someone that I love, it fills me with joy. I hope they will feel my love knowing that I made it for them with my own hands because they are so special to me. I look forward to the day when my little granddaughters are old enough for me to teach them to sew. I hope that it will bring them the years of pleasure that it has brought to me.
I've had great fun making 4 Easter dresses (not the pink dresses you see in this picture) and 1 little vest for my darling grandchildren that you see at the top of this blog. With such cute kids can you blame me for loving to sew for them!







5 comments:
Emmy really takes after you this way. She got a sewing machine for Christmas, but after 2 returns, it never worked right. She needs your guidance! So next time you come, plan on doing some projects with her - she will absolutely love it. I hope she learns to be a great seamstress like her Grammy.
We have been so blessed by this special talent of yours. Lonica loves every dress that you have sewn for her(and her American Girl doll). We plan on putting up pictures of all of your creations real soon! We love you. Thanks for all that you do for us.
We hope to have LOTS of girls so they can reap the blessings of your talent! We don't want you to ever get bored now that you're retired!
I'm just wondering why I didn't get a new Easter dress in the mail? smile! I'm still your baby girl, right?
Beautiful talent that you so willingly share!
What lucky kids to have such an amazing seamstress for a Mom! The dresses you made for Marla were amazing! Lucky, indeed!
Post a Comment