I have not posted since October 19th. For weeks I could not post because my neo counter took over my blog.
When I or anyone else tried to click onto my blog NeoCounter would pop up. My friend Don Dastrup found out how to fix that problem. I appreciate his efforts.
After Don helped me get my blog back it was Thanksgiving and I was very busy. All my kids came. Time flew by and I couldn’t find a minute to sit down and blog.
It is December now. Time is still flying by as I’m trying to get ready for Christmas. Gifts are wrapped and the house is decorated but haven’t even started doing my Christmas cards yet. I can’t decide what to write in my Christmas letter. I started 2014 sick and went downhill from there. I’m told it is a miracle that I survived the severe sepsis, organ failure and blood clot…but…. I don’t want to bore folks with all my health problems….. However, how do I recap this year without talking about them???? Maybe I won’t send out a Christmas letter this year…????
I’m also at a loss as to where I should begin blogging again? Should I go back , start from today or just continue to do nothing?????? To be honest, this last choice is appealing. Blogging is quite an effort.
On one hand, I have met some wonderful friends through blogging. It is amazing to me that I can sit here in my comfy chair and share my testimony, thoughts and family with my friends all over the this country and others. You blog friends have been more of a support to me than you will ever know. Some of you have become the dearest of friends. I love you and thank you for that.
On the other hand, I started this blog as a way to keep in touch with our 4 kids and 14 grands. They blogged and read my blog for a few years but they don’t any more. They Facebook and Instagram now.
My counter tells me that blogging is not a waste of my time because thousands have read my blog….. but I only get a hand full of comments each time I post. My few faithful regulars leave comments which I really appreciate. A few friends say that they read my blog and enjoy it but do not comment. I appreciate that too…. but lets face it…. comments are “life blood” to the blogger’s heart. Comments seem to indicate whether a blog is of value to others or not.
Also 99% of my my post are about my family. It should probably be called “Grammysnews.bragspot. com”. I don’t post daily recipes, crafts or words of wisdom. How can my family stuff be of value to anyone but my family…who don’t read anyway????
So here I sit in my La-Z-boy with my little lap top trying to decide what to do. Well….. at least I am thinking about blogging. Decisions???? Decisions?????
Meanwhile…. have a great week. I’m sending best wishes and hugs to all of you.







9 comments:
I'm glad you're on Facebook, but I so enjoy the longer posts and pictures when you blog. It's the next thing to a visit. Blogging is work, but I am always happy when I see you post. Hugs across the miles
Good to see an update from you, Lura; I had wondered what happened with the NeoCounter; glad you got that worked out! I think its an individual choice to blog or not; I've gone away from it for long periods of time but always find my way back. It is a nice community of bloggers out there. Maybe writing what you want when you want to write will be a good keeper of family evetns down the line :)
Whatever you decide, I know it will be the right thing for you :)
In the meantime, Merry Christmas to you and your family!
betty
Lura, I am so happy to see a blog post from you! I am also very grateful that your friend was able to sort your blog out so that now you can post. As you know, I post not one but two blogs every day, the cooking one and the other one. I get upwards of 15,000 people a day visiting the cooking one, sometimes more, but I only ever get two or three comments. I actually only have several hundred reading the other one, but I get many more comments on that one and I could tell you exactly who will comment each day. I love my blogging friends. Like you I started the blog to stay in touch with my children who never ever read it. That is somewhat of a disappointment to me, but my blog has become so much more than that to me. I have made the loveliest of friends through it, some of which feel more like family than my own family! I love them so dearly. I care about them, and I know they care about me. My blog is a type of journal for me. I have a much easier time typing my feelings and thoughts than I do writing them. My blog brings me joy and it is something which also helps to keep me grounded. I Love sharing with others. My arthritis keeps me almost housebound at times and my blog is a much beloved contact with the outside world. It's an important part of my life. It is work yes, but it is a labor of love. YOu have to do what is right for you. I, for one, have missed you terribly. I know we are both on facebook, but it's not the same thing for me! You cannot imagine how excited I was this morning to see a post from you! Merry Christmas to you, John and the family. xxoo
Oh my dearest dearest Lura,
I am so happy to see a blog entry this morning. Marie said you had done one and my heart leapt..I could hardly get here quick enough. I knwo how you feel about not having so many comments written etc but I know that your faithful ones however few of us there may be do so enjoy reading about your wonderful family...in fact I consider myeslf an adopted family member !! and I ALWAYS read your news !! It is great to see your Christmas Tree and to hear that all is going to plan for Christmas even if you havn't got your letter written yet ...maybe writing your blog will get you going into the mood. It is hard I know for you haveing had such a bad year healthwise etc. but we do truly like to hear how you are and support you even more when we know you or one of your loved ones are poorly...So please do keep writing your bolg, find some time in your busy life..hopefully you will find it a relaxing time once again. Sending my love to the WHOLE family but especially to you and dear John xxx
If blogging is a chore or becoming stressful then have a break. I love seeing your family and your decorations. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year and that your health improves daily.
Hi Lura,
So happy to see you posted. But truly, blogging should be a fun thing to do. If it no longer is, then perhaps it is time for a break. I know you have had a difficult and challenging year. And of course, during the holidays, blogging can add an additional stress. But I do hope that after the holidays, the blogging spirit will return.
Here's wishing you and your big beautiful family, a very Merry Christmas!!!!
Love Kris
If you did not brag about your children and grandchildren then I would not have experienced the beautiful singing voice of your one grandchild nor would I have seen the great pictures of your other grand daughter dancing. You must choose what works best for you. I don't get tons who respond but the ones that do I love and it means something to me so i understand that. Why shouldn't you write about your illnesses as they were a life changer for you. This year, due to almost dying, probably made you even more resilient in your faith, in your family and in your own inner strength. Others who read this blog and find out what you went through and still came through it, however fast or slow, may give inspiration to another who is struggling. One never knows how many lives one has touched just like in my favourite movie "It's A Wonderful Life"
Oh my dear friend; I was so happy to see you had blogged. I have missed you so much. I worry about you when I don't hear from you; thus you got an email. I so enjoy reading your posts and I myself hope you will continue to blog.
Here are a few thoughts for you on blogging.
Remember you can publish these stories about your family in a book so it can be like a family journal.
Also, the truth is I think most of the children of bloggers don't read their parents blogs; sad. I know none of mine do.
I love reading your blog because it is about family, your faith and your thoughts. I think you are a walking miracle and your blog is about all that too. It is a very fun one to read.
Ok, that being said just know that I love you and I love your posts.
Blessings for you for the hearts you do touch and I am sure there are many.
I hope you will continue.
Post a Comment