I can’t believe that it will be Christmas Eve by the time I post this and the last day of Hanukkah for my Jewish friends. How did the holidays get here so quickly???
I love Christmas and I’m not ready for it to be over so soon. I think my friend Zoe’s poinsettias are not ready for the season to be over either. Aren’t they lovely!
I especially enjoy getting together with friends. Zoe and Louise hosted a Christmas luncheon for us.
It was lovely being in Zoe’s beautiful home and partaking of the sweet spirit there. After our lunch she shared Christmas stories about her pioneer ancestors. It was delightful.
I’ve enjoyed having a couple of Christmas dinners at our home too.
I just love fixing good food….
….and setting pretty tables…..
…but most of all I enjoy spending time with friends and family.
I’m very thankful that I’ve had the health and energy to do this. I can’t do near as much as I used to do but after being down much of the year it feels great to do something nice for others and accomplish a few things.
We’ve also enjoyed eating out several times. We had a lovely lunch with John’s brother and his wife who were visiting from Utah and a fun Chinese food dinner with Paul & Michelle.
It was also fun getting together with friends to celebrate Ruth’s 90th birthday and attending our church Christmas dinner and program.
Tonight we had a fun “Taco Tuesday” dinner out with Louann and Darrell and then went to their festive home for pumpkin pie. It was really nice but I forgot to get a picture…. grrrr….
I love looking at my little Nativity sets.
They are not fancy but each has it’s own story to tell and special meaning to me.
This one I got in Alaska ….. and….. this one in La Paz, Mexico.
I’m not ready to put them away for another year.
I’m also not ready to unwrap the pretty gifts or take down our trees.
I DON’T WANT CHRISTMAS TO BE OVER YET!!!!!
I’m not through watching wonderful Christmas programs and movies on TV.
I’m not ready to put my decorations away…
But… time marches on… soon it will be our new year 2015. 2014 has been a hard year. I can’t say that I am sad to see it go…. but I wish I could hold on to December longer.
I can’t make time slow down so I will just enjoy every minute of this Christmas season that is left. Mindy will fix a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow and I will do Christmas day brunch. We will love sharing Christmas with them…. I’m sure there are still 1,000s of pictures to take and share!
I’m sending you best wishes from our home to yours.
Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah to you with hugs,
Grammy Lura







10 comments:
Beautiful Picture's as always. And aLovely post. Thanks for your Friendship and Prayers. Wishing you and Yours A Merry Christms and the A Happy New Year.OXOX
I always enjoy visiting with you. Hope your Christmas is Merry and Blessed.
Lura, I so love seeing the photographs and reading your words. What a lovely couple of weeks you have had. You do so much for others and I am so happy to see you enjoying being together witgh loved ones and special friends. I wish for you and the whole family the Merriest Christmas ever and good health and properity for 2015. Love you my friend. xxoo
Merry Christmas Lura and family! It is always fun to read what is going on in your life and your family's life! I wish you all a wonderful day of celebrations tomorrow!
I too agree how fast the holiday came upon us this year!
betty
What a lovely photograph that is of you and John..(.the last one on your wonderful account of all the delicious meals you have had and all teh family celebrations...)
I hope that today has been a wonderful Christmas Day and that you found some great surprise presents under your Tree...
I have certainly had a rather strage Christmas day...However my dear B I L did come over to me and was able to enjoy a Christmas Dinner with Mary and me..he said he didnt think he coudl eat much but in the end had a really good meal ! So I was glad for that...and now we must look forward to 2015 not a great start but hopefully it will be better once we get the funeral etc over....
Sending love and Hugs to you ALL
I am not ready to let Christmas go either. I loved all of your fun activities and that you are feeling good enough to do some dinners.
Your tables and pictures of your Christmas tree and other pictures of your home are just lovely.
I do hope to visit you someday in your home.
I love Nativity sets. I don't have a lot but the ones I have, I love.
Wishing for you a wonderful New Year with great health to enjoy the precious moments to come.
Blessings, love and hugs for you both.
I've enjoyed catching up and seeing your lovely photos. It is so frustrating not having Google Reader anymore though. I would like to friend you on Facebook so I can hear Claire sing, and also stay in touch better. If you send me your FB name I'll send you a friend request--or if you want to send me one, it's Sandra Kovacs Stein. My blog posts automatically post to FB, and yours probably do too. Wishing you and John peace, joy, good health, and an abundance of blessings in 2015--and a very belated Merry Christmas, and I think I may have missed your birthday too, didn't I? :(
A Merry belated Christmas to you. I love the photos! I know what you mean-so much to do before and then poof! It's over. I keep my decorations up until January 6th which is 3 Kings Day or Little Christmas. This is the day the Ukrainians celebrate Christmas(I believe)
This all looks so wonderful!! Merry belated Christmas, and Happy New Year! <3 God bless :) (Sorry it's been a while! Hope all is going well!)
Looks like such a wonderful time.
We put away the last of our Christmas decorations this past week-end and now the holidays all seem like such a distant memory.
Lee
Tossing It Out
Post a Comment