Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hello friends

Hello blog friends. Sorry that I have not been blogging or commenting for a while.
I  have 2 good reasons.
#1 The flood mess has taken all my energy and time.
 Progress is being made .... but... slowly
 The wet walls were cut out, dried and then replaced... but it took weeks.
The mess is everywhere.... outside ... 

 .... and inside....
 I hate mess.... I need things orderly around me!
We got the water heater cabinet rebuilt this week so I finally have hot water back in the kitchen. I've not had hot water since Sept. 1st so it is really nice to have it again.
We were suppose to get the painting finished and carpeting put in last Wed. but it didn't happen.  I was really sad about that because Erin and Patrick came all the way down from Utah to help us move everything back..... and ... we couldn't do a thing. However, we had fun visiting and playing with the kids..... even in the mess.
# 2... I lost my camera
 I was taking pictures of the progress of the flood room... and ... then I guess that the mess ate my camera because I can't find it anywhere. I know it must be here in the house but I have looked for it for days to no avail.
A blog is not fun without pictures.... so until I find my camera I really don't have anything to blog about.  I may break down and buy a new one but I hate to do that when I know it is here somewhere.

I will be back with you as soon as I can. I think of you dear blog friends often and wish you well. I will get back to blogging when I am not so overwhelmed with all this mess..... and I have new pictures to share with you.

Until then.... I am sending hugs to all of you. Be well.  


8 comments:

Sybil said...

Hi Lura. I have been missing your usual blogs....hope that you are ok now and that things have got back to normal with you..Please let me know as I do worry about you you know...You are always in my prayers....
I dont think I have told you that Peter my neighbour and I had a wnderful holiday to China..what an amazing place that is. One day when..when..I get it all written up I will send you details about all we did...for the first time ever I am finding it hard to describe all the things we saw !! not often am I short of words !!! Anyway take care love and please let me know you are ok and also John and the rest of the family xxx

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I don't know how I missed this. That doesn't look fun at all! What a mess!

And then losing your camera? I hope you find it before Thanksgiving.

bettyj said...

Oh mercy.Had no idea as for weeks when I try to get on your blog it would go to something else. I am so happy to be able to visit again, but sorry to hear of your flood.

Buttercup said...

Stopping by to say hello and let you know I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! Lots of hugs, my friend.

Jennifer said...

I am also stopping by to say hello and that I am thinking of you and missing your posts. I do hope that all is well with your health and family and that you were all able to gain strength to clean up the mess . Awful when these things happen . I hope you have a wonderful ,blessed Christmas season .

Erin said...

No Thanksgiving post? I happen to know you have some mighty cute pictures of my little people on your camera. 😉

Erin said...

I added a wink smile to my last comment that didn't show up- so here's this one ;) Ha ha!

Sybil said...

Hi Lura. I am so missing your lovely blog.. Have you decided to stop doing it now. I know that face book and other places seem too be taking up peoples time but there is nothing quite like your lovely blog for sharing thngs...I know I am not one to speak as I gave up writinng a long time ago..but that was as most of the time I live a fairly unevetful lfe...other than for the holidays !!...Anyway take care and know that you are loved and remembered always in my prayers xx