Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Season Smiles part 1

christmas greetings

Merry Christmas dear Blog friends

christmas little treechristmas living room

My Christmas trees are decorated.

christmas carolerschristmas entry 2

I did not do as much this year but my favorite decorations are out.

christmas living room 2christmas fire place

Somehow they seems extra special to me this year. When I was so sick with sepsis and organ failure earlier in the year, I wasn’t sure that I would be here to enjoy this wonderful season this year. I also think living with a blood clot in my chest makes me appreciate each day more than I did before. Each day is precious… especially during this season.

2014-12-07 05.03.06

We have attended some wonderful Christmas programs this December.

2014-12-07 04.37.522014-12-07 05.00.37

EJ’s Jazz Band put on a great community Christmas concert. Claire was invited to be their guest soloist. We were so proud of both of them.

2014-12-21 01.15.56IMG_20141221_120737473

Today Claire sang like an angel at church. I can’t seem to post a video on here but I did on Facebook if you want to hear her.

IMG_20141221_120323608IMG_20141221_121122848_HDR

Mindy played her flute and Ernie lead the music. My heart was filled with happiness as I listened to my loved ones praising God with their beautiful music. They are so talented…. and they don’t get it from me.

2014-12-09 01.47.02IMG_0770

I’ve heard beautiful choirs and madrigals sing….

IMG_0720

IMG_0750IMG_0754

….And a pipe band play at the Upland Nativity and Arts festival put on annually by our church for the community.

IMG_0718IMG_0728

I’ve attended this Nativity festival with my friends Randy and Mary…

IMG_0721IMG_0722

…I was totally awed by the beautiful displays…

IMG_0734IMG_0741

…and the effort of love it is for our church to put this festival each year.

IMG_0723

The joy of Christmas fills my heart. I’m so thankful that I am well and can enjoy every minute of  this wonderful season. I hope that you are enjoying it too.

I have lots more to post but will save it until next time.

Merry Christmas my friends.

Hugs, Lura

8 comments:

Sybil said...

Oh Luara I am so happy to be able to join you once again in seeing your beautifully decorated home..You do everything so wonderfully. If I coudl be envious I would be !! my whole house I am sure woudl fit into your garage !!!! or sitting room LOL....It is wonderful that you have been able to enjoy all the various members of the family entertaining so beautifully. Thank you for letting us share in your happiness. ( I can say that there were many times in this past year that we thought you migt not be with us this Christmas either. So we praise our almighty God that he has shown us that he has many other things planned for you to do xx )
Have a wonderful Christmas John and you together and all those who you love xx

LeAnn said...

Oh dear friend; wishing for you a wonderful Christmas Celebration.
I am so happy that you are here to celebrate these wonderful moments with family and friends.
Your home looks so lovely; I would love to see it for real.
You do have such a talented family to be proud of. I loved all the pictures and I will listen to that Granddaughter of yours sing.
Sending you lots of love and hugs your way and wonderful Christmas blessings.

Karen Mortensen said...

Wonderful things.

betty said...

Such festive decorations you put up at your house! Such great and talented performances you were able to attend!! Seemed like a great Christmas season for you and yours :) Enjoy the rest of it :)

Merry Christmas!

betty

Birgit said...

When one is healthy one can take so many things for granted. This is why this time of year can be so precious as we value all we have. The love shows here. Merry Christmas!

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, add my name to the list of people who are grateful that you are still here to celebrate this holy Season of the Saviours Birth! I so love seeing the photos of your family and how they are doing and all of their talents that they share so generously with everyone. You may not think you can sing or have any talents but you have many talents. One is your humility and ability to share the Saviours love with all. I can attest to your kind and loving heart personally.You are a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother and friend and I Love you to pieces. xxoo

Marcy said...

So many wonderful Christmas Season Smiles! We've had a Christmas filled with family . . . some sickness, but mostly good. Probably my very favorite part of December was visiting with my Dear Son 1 and Daughter in law and their 4 month old son who they hope to adopt this coming spring! They live in the Bay area and one evening took us to the Nativity Festival sponsored by the stake in Modesto, CA. I've heard of the large nativity festivals such as you show here before, and we had a much smaller one in our branch in New Jersey years ago, but the one in Modesto was wonderful! So many many beautiful and cherished nativities were shared, and the music there was wonderful too. I'm glad you had a great December. I hate to see Christmas be over too!

Best Event Planner said...

I am completely agree with you, I am an amazing fan of your site, genuine guard post Keep making such stunning post,


Thanks for sharing.



Best dermatologist doctor in jaipur



Regards

Sameer