Hello again. We have been camping on the Snake River in Wyoming with our family. We camp between Alpine and Jackson Hole every year for our annual river rafting trip. I have not run the rapids since our accident but it is still a wonderful week in the mountains with our dear family. There is no cell phone service or internet and yet we all seemed to manage just fine without them.
Here are video highlights of our trip.
Rafting is the main event but just being together is the best part for me.
Of course there is great food…
…and great fun….
Our oldest grandson, Jordan, even got his hair braided…
He is going his rugged, hairy, woodsman phase!…lol…
Little cousins have so much fun together
Even on rainy afternoons we would all pile into the trailers and have a great time.
Of course there was rock painting and craft times where great masterpieces were made.
I taught the girls to finger knit and they made beautiful scarves. They finger knitted while I did regular knitting. They could make their scarves as fast as I could turn one out. We ending up making a pretty scarf for every girl in camp.
I was sad not to go down the river this year. I almost went but John really discouraged me. I’m still very tender from all the broken ribs and the family felt I shouldn’t push my luck.
So, I stayed in camp with the little ones and waved goodbye to my brave river rafters.
But I didn’t mind because there was always adventures back in camp…. like finding furry little friends to play with.
Some people think camping is too much work and too dirty….. but we have it down to a science and we love every minute of it.
All of our immediate family was there except Jalen who is on a mission in Chile and Justin who is in Montana with the army. We all missed them but are proud of the good work they are doing.
Our week was filled with adventure, good food, fun and love…..
I feel blessed and thankful that we could enjoy another wonderful family camping trip together in Wyoming. It isn’t a fancy trip or a stay in 4 star hotels but doesn’t it look to you like we had fun??? W e surely did!!!
We are back in Utah now. We are spending a few more days here before heading back to CA. I must run to play with my grands now….. but I will be back with you as soon as I can. I am sending you all hugs and best wishes.
Have a great week. Hugs, Lura







6 comments:
Oh my goodness, you can see the joy in each face! I could almost smell the wonderful food. What a blessing to spend the whole week with all of your family. God is soooooo good.
Lura, what a wonderful time you have when you are with your family. I am so blessed to have had a little taste of that when I was with you in Utah that time. Your family is just the nicest and most hospital. I loved all the photos, and was so happy that almost everyone was there this year! Me, I am not a camper. I would miss the privacy of having my very own bathroom. My mother was not a camper either. This is your birthday as I am writing this and I am hoping you are having a splendid time. If you are with your family, I know you are for sure. xxoo
Oh your family reunion pictures and activities are awesome. I think next time we get together you should teach me how to make the scarves.
You have such a lovely family and your grandchildren are adorable.
I hope you are home safe and I am sending you lots of love and hugs!
Love the video and pic's what FUN.You have such a wonderful family.You are truly blessed.If you ever fine the time drop by.(HUGS)
you guys are always having the best fun family adventures! one of these days, we'll join you :) i want to go to see you in CA so bad, ask joey! i've been bugging him about it. . .just hard to travel long distances when i'm still nursing wesley boy. hopefully when i'm done, we can plan a trip soon! i've been dying to head out west..and my kids are dying to see you and your grandkids again!! its been too long :( :(
I want a big family and a family reunion - I am so jealous in such a wonderful way.
Post a Comment