Sunday, August 18, 2013

Please watch Johnny compete today and wish him well

302321_441533502557377_883209834_n

As my readers know, our grandson, Johnny, is an amazing gymnast.

1079493_10151616549554296_650657126_n

He is ranked 10th in the nation.

1013435_540518266005330_1732321144_n

A couple of months ago he competed at Visa Cup which….

1004061_552912438099246_1702588670_n

Qualified him and his team mate, Dylan to compete  for the USA National team in the P and G championships held this week.

992602_10151615625854296_16430151_n

They are so excited to be there.

1002315_597073330336726_1456120656_n

1175142_10200758915789378_258622354_n

Johnny even posted a picture of his hotel room key.

He started competing on Friday and did very well.

You can check out a few of Johnny Jacobson's routines here on his page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Johnny-Jacobson/441532999224094

1003531_10200743546925166_536818269_n

Today he competes between 6:30 and 9:00 EST. (3:30 to 6:00 pst) You can watch him live by going to

http://pgchamps.com/live/

I’m so excited to watch him that I can hardly breath….. but at the same time I am nervous.

425295_10200292488048976_2083649927_n

He has worked so hard at this since he was a little boy… he wants this so badly.. and one tiny slip is all it takes to disqualify him.

702216_10151242066354296_23548935_n

 

Earlier this year he fractured a bone in his back and could not practice for several weeks. The first meet he could go to was the end of March so it really is amazing that he has made it this far this year.

If you look at the picture above where he is doing the iron cross you will notice that he is wearing a black back brace still in some of the events.

1011694_546336845423472_1243115712_n

Johnny’s “Fan Club” Friends

You can be sure that his friends and family are on pins and needles today.

I hope that you will watch him complete on your computer today and if you are so inclined …. say a little prayer that he will do his best and not get hurt.

http://pgchamps.com/live/

Thank you with hugs, Grammy

 

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is so awesome. I am excited for you all. I did start watching it and will finish it tomorrow. It is so wonderful to have talented grandchildren.
I loved all of the pictures. You have a right to be proud on this one. I do hope he will be safe and no more accidents.
Blessings, prayers, love and hugs!

Marie Rayner said...

I am sorry I missed this post Lura. I was so ill over the weekend I could not lift up my head. I see that Johnny did very well, but I am not surprised. He's a little cracker jack! You have such a talented family Lura. You and John put in all the hard work of bringing them up well and obviously instilled good work habits, self confidence, and a love of the Gospel which does the rest. You should be very rightly proud of all the success you and your lovely children/grandchildren enjoy. Well done! So proud of you all!xxoo

Cathyjo said...

I enjoyed whaghing him and was praying.ooxx

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wishing him the very best! Blessings, Marlene