Saturday, August 24, 2013

Smiles for Johnny…bronze medal winner

a grammy smile

I was on pins and needles last Sunday as I waited for our grandson Johnny to compete in the ….

1003531_10200743546925166_536818269_n

P & G Gymnastics Championships.

1079493_10151616549554296_650657126_n

He did his very best. He completed each event and stunt without one fall.

1185821_10151836732080990_139430500_n

He ended up coming in 7th place  all around in his division. Yea!!

1184865_569208116469678_660939185_n

He is 3rd place in the nation in his division on parallel bars. Yea, Yea!!

998626_569661989757624_1457298897_n

He won the bronze medal for being in 3rd place. I am so proud of him. I can hardly believe that our boy did so well. Of course he has worked hard for years to get to this level.

However, you may notice that he does not look very happy. He was happy to get the bronze medal but he was sad that he just missed getting on the National team that competes internationally. They always take the top 7 to be on the national team but this year it was different. They had moved 2 boys up to compete with the older boys. After the competition they moved them back down into Johnny’s group. When those 2 boys were moved back down it made Johnny miss the team by 2 points. He was 7th in the nation against the boys he competed against but did not get on the team.

He was heart broken….. so am I….. but I am so proud of him. He is only 16. He still has plenty of time to make the team before the next Olympics. He is very disappointed but he will keep working hard toward his Olympic goal.

I hope that you have had a championship week too.  I’m sending you hugs.

Grammy Staffy

No comments: