Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother’s Day Smiles

mother's day

My Mother’s day began yesterday when I started getting gifts in the mail from my sweet kids.

IMG_0744

Each time the doorbell rang  with a new delivery …..

IMG_0761IMG_0748

my heart smiled at the thoughtfulness of our children.

IMG_0749

Lynell’s chocolate covered strawberries even came with instructions.

Erin’s flowers and David’s necklace didn’t need instructions to be used.

IMG_0762

This morning John got up early and made me a delicious breakfast which he served me in bed. He brought it in along with this beautiful card and a thoughtful gift. What a sweet guy!

IMG_0751IMG_0752

We spent most of the day at Mindy’s house. On the way we stopped by the cemetery to put flowers on my mother’s grave.

balloonsToday is her birthday.

Happy Birthday Mom

There never was a sweeter mother than mine. She adopted me at birth. She always said that I was God’s gift to her. She said that I was special because out of all the babies in the world she picked me.

IMG_0765

I think of her often but especially on her Mother’s Day Birthday. She died when I was 41. In one week it will have been 27 years. I still think of her every day.  She is greatly missed but I feel her close to me often and I know that she is not far away.

IMG_0753IMG_0755

After church Mindy’s family went into high gear fixing our brunch/lunch.

IMG_0756

I always tell Mindy that she should not work to make me a special dinner since it is her Mother’s day too….. But….. she always does even though Ernie and the kids are helping too.

IMG_0757

We had a lovely meal and then…

IMG_0760IMG_0759

Mindy and I were showered with more gifts…. most of them homemade gifts of love…. those are always special.

I am so very blessed to have a husband, children and grandchildren who love and honor me. The love of family is the world’s greatest treasure. I am in deed a rich woman. What could be more valuable than this????

I know that Mother’s day is not a happy time for everyone. My heart always goes out to women who are sad on this day.  Women who want children and have not been blessed with any… Women who had abusive mothers instead of nurturing ones... Women who do not have loving, respectful children…. 

I wish that I could share my joy with you today.

hc

I am sending each of you a hug coupon. Consider yourself hugged.

I wish that I could ease your pain. I can’t make you feel better but our loving Heavenly Father can. Turn to Him… Trust in Him. Know that one day all tears will be wiped away and all the injustices of this world will be made right.

I hope your day was special.

p.s. There is a free giveaway in Buttercup land. Hop over and take a look.

Hugs, Grammy

6 comments:

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

Aww you had such a special mother's day! I laughed at the instructions on the box.

Happy mother's day! :)

Jan's Blog said...

You bless much, and are much blessed.

Visits With Mary said...

So great to see you celebrating Mother's Day with your family!!

Chatty Crone said...

I see you you had a GREAT Mother's Day too! Thanks for sharing. sandie♥

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

What A lovely family and what a great day you had. It is hard for me to be so far away from my family but I am leaving Sat. for 24 days with them all. A college graduation for a grand daughter and a 1 yr. birthday for my darling little great grand son. What fun we will have. Keep well, Lura and I will try to do the same. Until next time...{{HUGS}} Your friend, Joy

LeAnn said...

This is a belated Mother's Day hug for you. I don't know how I missed this post. I always love reading them. The pictures tell the story of how greatly you are loved.
Blessings and love to you dear friend.