Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

happy new year 2

I am wishing all of my blog friends a very Happy New Year.

I hope that 2013 will be good for you in every way.

We were not able to join our sweet family in Utah to celebrate this year but we did the next best thing….

IMG_6369

…we got together with some of our dear friends…

IMG_6370

.and our little Austin…

Hong Kong cafe

…and went to dinner at Hong Kong Restaurant.  This has been their tradition for the last 25 years.  We joined them for the first time last year.

IMG_6375IMG_6376

After the dinner we came back to our house …

IMG_6372IMG_6373

…where we enjoyed a dessert buffet.

IMG_6374IMG_6377

The goodies were yummy and the hot chocolate and hot cider warmed us up.

It has been unusually cold for southern California. Our daughter Mindy’s family even got snow at church this past Sunday. It was in the 40’s yesterday. I enjoy the cool weather during the holidays. Last year it was 85 and didn’t even seem like Christmas.

IMG_6379

Austin entertained himself playing Wii games while us old folks visited.

IMG_6384

He got some of us to play Uno with him. We decided that whoever won the most games out of 5 would be the Uno champion. Austin won 4 out of the 5 games we played and was crowned the Uno Champion of 2012. We were happy that this little 7 year old wanted to spend New Year’s Eve with us this year.

IMG_6382

Since we don’t drink alcohol we toasted in the New Year with eggnog or sparkling cider.  This toast was made at 11p.m….. an hour early…. but it was the same time our family was celebrating in Utah which is on Mountain Standard time. After this toast and New year hugs, our friends went home.

IMG_6386IMG_6389

 So, the 3 of us decided to make a quick trip to Time’s Square in NYC. We hoped to see our friend, Buttercup …. but it was too crowded. 

IMG_6390

We enjoyed the count down to 2013.

IMG_6392

Then the 3 of us toasted in the Real New Year.. Pacific Standard Time.

IMG_6394IMG_6397

This morning we continued  our life long tradition of watching the Rose Parade. When our kids were young we used to go to Pasadena and brave the crowds to watch the parade.  Now we watch it on TV from the comfort of our bed.

IMG_6395

We welcomed back Stephanie Edwards and Bob Eubanks into our home. They have been announcing the parade for many years.

IMG_6399

We were happy to see the Davis High Marching Band in the Parade this year. They are the band in the town where Lynell teaches dance. It wasn’t as exciting as the year Ernie’s Band was in the parade but we were happy for our Kaysville family and friends.

Well …. that is how we’ve brought in this new year of 2013.  As you can see we were full of smiles being with our friends and sweet Austin.  We feel thankful.

May God bless us all in this coming year. I send you my very best wishes and hugs…… Happy New Year…… Grammy Lura

 

7 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Lura Happy New Year all the best and wonderful to you and your family:))

Buttercup said...

Your friend Buttercup was celebrating just as you were. I was with my Bible study group and we were eating Chinese food and drinking hot cider. We've spent the last twelve years together and it was a nice cozy evening at our friend Vivian's.
Every wish for health and happiness in 2013.

The Barton's said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I see our sweet Lou Ann and Daryl! I sure miss you all. Here's to the New Year!

Kris said...

Hi Lura, and Happy New Year!!!! What a nice gathering you had. We watched the parade this morning, all tucked in on the sofa with blankets!!!! I love the way Bob and Stephanie announce the parade!!!
Much love,
Kris

Marie Rayner said...

Happy New Year Lura! Looks like a wonderful New Years Eve, even though you were not able to spend it with your family in Utah. How fun that your grandson was able to spend the evening with you! We had a very quiet New Years Eve. We were both very unwell and in bed by about 9. I will be glad when we start feeling better. I hope it's soon! Here's hoping that 2013 will be a fabulous one for both of us, filled with lots of love, good health and blessings. Thank you so much for the little package you sent to me in your card. I am so grateful for the gift of your friendship. It is an extra special blessing in my life. xxoo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hey...that looks like a great way to ring in a new year!

Happy New Year to all of you! (I heard there was a lot of snow in UT this year anyways!)

LeAnn said...

I love all the smiles and fun you had for New Years. I hope that means you are doing better.
We picked up our one family from the airport and 10 pm and then came home to Pizza and snacks as we welcomed in the New Year. They left the next day in the afternoon. We had a dinner with them before they took off.
We are just enjoying our Granddaughter who has moved in with us. She is 21 and trying to make some changes in her life; so this is good.
I always love your posts and love to you.
Blessings and hugs