Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas season smiles

christmas greetings

I’ve had some health problems this December that have slowed me down but I still have lots to make me smile.

christmas entry 2christmas fire placechristmas living room 2christmas living room

Getting our home decorated always makes me smile.

christmas carolerschristmas gingerbread man

I love pulling out old favorite decorations each year.

IMG_6322IMG_6323

christmas gifts

Getting all my gifts bought and wrapped makes me smile. this year my friend Jan helped me wrap a lot of my gifts. Having a sweet friend help me really made me smile.

christmas dining room tablechristmas table

I love setting pretty eating tables and…

christmas buffet table 1IMG_6318

buffet tables… but the best part…

IMG_6315IMG_6325

…is having dear friends and family come over and

IMG_6317IMG_6324

…share the evening with us visiting and enjoying a good meal together.

IMG_0016

Having company come makes me smile. Seven of Erin’s friends from Utah came an spent the week with us while they visited Disneyland. They are a delightful family… and now Marta, Adam and their family are our new friends too. That makes me smile.

IMG_6311

I love going to Christmas programs and hearing inspiring messages and music. Today was really special for us. Claire sang a beautiful solo , Mindy played a flute solo and Ernie conducted the choir Christmas music.  It was a beautiful service and having our talented kids featured was extra special. We were smiling from ear to ear.

IMG_6320

Making goodies and taking plates to friends makes me smile. Claire and Austin stayed with us tonight and will help us deliver our goodies in the morning. That makes me smile even more.

viewattachment

Having these dear kids, their spouses and our grandchildren makes Christmas really special. Each one brings us lots of joy and smiles.

manger and angel

Of course the reason for the season…. celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ makes me smile most of all.

mary and babechristmas manger scene

How thankful I am that  our Lord and Savior came to earth as a wee babe in a lowly manger and then lived a perfect lifeJesus

to set an example for us to follow… and…. that He died for me and you so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. My heart is full of gratitude and smiles.

christmas greetings 2

So I am sending this greeting from our home to yours with love. I hope that you have a wonderful Holiday season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hugs, Grammy Lura

(I didn’t post my annual Christmas poem this year because I think you have seen it enough…. but if any on you are new to my blog and would like to read it you can go to http://grammysnews.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas%20pics%20and%20poem )

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Merry Christmas Lura. I always love your smiles, be it Christmas or just ordinary year long smiles. You always make me smile. I am not very well this Christmas, so have had to cancel our dinner. We'll do it, just not on Christmas. I am afraid I never got my present to you in the post in time either, but I will do soon. I have been really thrown a loop with my mother's cancer, and things have gotten a bit on top of me. I want you to know though that I love you very much and wish you and John the happiest Christmas ever! xxoo

LeAnn said...

Oh Lura, I hope you had a lovely Christmas Day. Your smiles indicate you did. You are always in my prayers and I pray you are feeling better. I had my oldest daughter and her family here a few days before Christmas. We had a big Christmas party with her and my oldest son and children in Heber. It was sweet. I then got sick but with a priesthood blessings I got to two events I wanted to go too. I didn't cough during either of them. It was a miracle.
You have such a lovely family. I loved all of your decorations.
Blessings, hugs and love to you!

bettyj said...

You have your home decorated beautifully! How sweet of you to welcome 7 people into your home. You don't hear of that much anymore.Loved seeing pictures and always loved my visit. Hope your health issues resolve. Blessed New Year to you and your family.