Sunday, September 2, 2012

Roaming Wyoming Smiles

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

We recently returned from our family camping/rafting trip to Wyoming and our family reunion in Utah.  We put 2,225 miles on our little car as we drove through parts of California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and a tip of Arizona to get there and back.  That is a long trip….. and a lot of sitting…. but  it is always worth the effort when we get to spend time with dear family.

IMG_5476IMG_5478

As soon as we got to Wyoming we were greeted by a mama deer. She didn’t hang around long but my friend Patti who lives there says that the whole family comes to visit her almost everyday. Beautiful Wyoming makes me smile.

IMG_5477IMG_5492

As soon as camp was set up, we started preparing dinner. If you are thinking hot dogs and chips you are wrong….

IMG_5488IMG_5491

Our kids have mastered the art of camp cooking. Every meal was a feast like this one made up of Tri-tip, baked potatoes, salad, corn , etc..

IMG_5596IMG_5595

We all took turns helping and every meal turned out great.

IMG_5497IMG_5625IMG_5501

  Each night after dinner we had  Dutch oven desserts like these berry and apple cobblers.

Our Camp meals made us all smile.

IMG_5494IMG_5498IMG_5500IMG_5563

Of course the best part was being with all 4 of our children and their families. It was the first time that we had all been together at the river for many years.  Justin who is serving as a missionary in Guatemala was the only one who was not there with us.  Being with our kids and grands really made us smile.

IMG_5545IMG_5547

From our oldest grandson, Jordan to our youngest granddaughter, Ellie….

IMG_5482IMG_5487IMG_5490IMG_5506

And all in between….. we all had a wonderful time together.

IMG_5508IMG_5511

There was singing around the campfire….

IMG_5516IMG_5598IMG_5637IMG_5502

There was plenty of hot chocolate and hugs to warm us and make us smile.

IMG_5566IMG_5567

The main attraction for most of our group was rafting down the Snake river.

IMG_5568IMG_5569

I can’t go on the rapids any more since I broke all my ribs last year….

IMG_5583IMG_5564

But I did go on the gentle “Little Kid” float and had fun with the wee ones.

IMG_5579IMG_5572

IMG_5479IMG_5481

Wouldn’t these cute kids make you smile???

IMG_5485IMG_5587IMG_5602IMG_5484

Erin taught us to sing a hymn in ASL (American sign language)

IMG_5616IMG_5620

We enjoyed a lovely dinner and show at Bar J again this year.

IMG_5521IMG_5525

Going to Bar J always makes me smile.

IMG_5527IMG_5529

It was a great vacation in Wyoming…. and John and I really lucked out. Our good friends, Patti and Ronnie moved to Wyoming and live only 27 miles from the place we camp each year.  This year we stayed with them each night. We slept in a soft, cozy bed and had our own bathroom to use. That made me smile. Since my ribs are still tender that worked out great for and was much better than staying in our trailer.

IMG_5659IMG_5660

While we were there we went to the county fair with Patti. This beautiful heirloom baby dress she made won a blue ribbon and the “Best of Show” award. I was so proud of her.

I know this is a long blog and I’ve put in lots of pictures. I couldn’t help it. I just had to share all of these smiles with you.

I feel so blessed and thankful that we could make this trip this year. I was flat in bed this time last year and we couldn’t go. I am thankful that I have healed enough to go and enjoy this wonderful time with family.

I hope that all of you are doing well.  I am sending you hugs.

Have a great week. 

9 comments:

bettyj said...

You have such wonderful times with your family! You are indeed blessed in so many ways. No wonder you smile!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What an amazing vacation Lura - I know you had a wonderful time. We're going on a trip to Colorado this month and can hardly wait. :) blessings, marlene

Jan's Blog said...

Wonderful pictures of a wonderful family. I was so glad you went and had such a wonderful experience. Hugs, Jan

hoLLy said...

ok, we want to come next time!! :) so so fun! your family is awesome.

Sybil said...

What a truly blessed holiday that was. I don't think I have ever seen a happier more warm loving family as you have surrounding you. Thank you for sharing all these great photo's what an experience. I am glad though that you at least had a comfortable bed to sleep in...
What a beautiful christning gown that is no wonder it won the blue rosette...
Take care now and rest a while after all the excitment of your holiday.
Much Love always Sybil xx

LeAnn said...

Oh dear Lura, I rejoiced in all your pictures and smiles. I am so happy you were able to go. Until you mentioned that you didn't sleep in a tent or trailer; I was worried about how you were camping. I am so glad you had a place to go that was more comfortable for you. There isn't anything more fun than being with family. I love looking at all of the pictures of your children and grandchildren.
I feel so blessed to be one of your friends and our moments together are treasured.
Blessings, love and hugs to you!

Kris said...

What a fun vacation! Loved seeing all the photos. The food looks yummy. You are right the children make one smile. They are adorable.

Congratulations to Patti! The dress is beautiful.

Cathyjo said...

Just lovely Pic's as always, So glad you got to and have fun. Thanks fr sharing.ooxx

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Lura, however did I miss your lovely family pictures of this holiday! I don't know, but I did. Well, I have made up for it now and they had me smiling from the beginning to the end. You have such a beautiful family. I have never been on any holiday at all with my family. That is just something we never did. I suppose we just never had the money. I wish that we had some beautiful experiences like this to think back on. You are such a blessed woman. I love your family. They are such dear sweet people, and you sure know how to have fun. The Gospel is fun. I wish I had known that all those years ago. Our lives might have been very different. xxoo