1. Our grandson, Justin, just returned from serving as a Mormon missionary for 2 years in Guatemala. Click HERE if you would like to read more about what our missionaries do.
2. Justin got home Thursday night
3. He served with all his heart and might for 2 years. He brought the gospel of Jesus Christ to those he came to love in Guatemala.
4. He learned to trust in the Lord and follow His promptings.
5. He left a 19 year old boy and returned a 21 year old man who knows how to sacrifice, work hard, speak Spanish fluently, love his fellowman and appreciate his family and country more than ever.
6. Our dear Justin is home and I can hug him for real…. and not just through my letters.
OK…. I know that all 6 of my smiles are really all the same…. Justin is home…. but I can’t help it.
I have lots of pictures to show you but my darn computer won’t read my camera card any more. I had to email these 5 pictures to me in order to put them on this post. I will show you more when I can figure out how to get them on my computer.
Health note…Thanks to those of you who were wishing me well after my last post. The kidney stone has not passed but the pain has settled down enough that I could make this trip to welcome Justin home. I am thankful for that. The doctor is going to zap the stone when I get home and get rid of it. I am happy about that. I am praying that it will not get really painful again during this trip and I can make it home OK.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Lura







9 comments:
Welcome home to Justin. Your health will be in my prayers! Hugs and good wishes. Please take good care of yourself.
Welcome home Justin!! This two years sure passed by in a flash! Although I know they seemed pretty long to you and the rest of the family. Justin is a lovely young man. All of your grandchildren are lovely people, but then again, how can they not be when you and John are such special people yourselves. I am sending you much love and healing prayers. Love you muchly. xxoo
That is awesome! I have two kids preparing to go. We haven't had missionaries before, so we are pretty excited about it.
Sandy
The concerts are on temple square at the Assembly Hall. The one I want to see now is Paul Cardall on 9/28. I love his piano music! Go to lds.org/events.
Sandy
Oh I'm SO excited for you Lura. I know how much you love that young MAN and how happy you are to have him home. Sending tons of prayers for that evil kidney stone. Be well!!!
How proud you are radiates through your post! He is such a handsome guy too. What a blessing to those he met.
Hoping that kidney stone leaves!
What a handsome guy! I bet you are so proud of him!! I hope you are feeling better Lura!
xox
My dear Lura you will remain in my prayers and I will be so happy when they zap the kidney stone. I know this has been really painful. However, I am so smiling at this sweet post on your grandson. Isn't it awesome that they can go out at 19 and come home so much more mature and with a strong spiritual nature. I am so happy you were able to give him hugs in person. Blessings to you dear friend.
I belive when the missionaries go out we all benafit from each of them.Gald Justin is home safe.and you are doing better and hoping all go's well for you.Your in my prayers,love you oooxx
PS call and say Hi some time ok.ooxx
Post a Comment