Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother’s Day Smiles

 A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

This has been a much better week for me than the previous one was. I felt good all week and didn’t even have to spend even 1 day down in bed like I usually do. That made me smile.

I know I told you I would post more pictures from Hawaii but I have to take a break for one more week to document my Mother’s Day Smiles.

IMG_5044IMG_5041

My families mother’s day phone calls and gifts made me smile. My hubby and children would make any mom smile. I am blessed to have them and thankful for their thoughtfulness.

IMG_5043IMG_5045

My 32 year old rose bush makes me smile. I think she is so sweet to keep providing me with roses after all these years. I Think my mom looked down and smiled too when I took some of the pretty blooms to her grave for Mother’s Day.

IMG_5047IMG_5048

Ernie planning and cooking our Mother’s Day meat  made me smile. The tri-tip and shrimp were delicious. I have such great sons-in-law!

IMG_5049IMG_5051

Of course Mindy works to make the meal too. Since we don’t go out to eat on the Sabbath  we always have Mother’s Day Dinner at Mindy’s. I feel badly that she always has me to cook for rather than sit and be pampered all day. At least she gets good help from Claire. That makes me smile.

IMG_5050IMG_5052

They always set a beautiful table as well as have delicious food. Living close to this dear daughter and her family makes me smile. (They will be here for dinner soon so I’d better stop blogging and get to cooking!)

IMG_5055IMG_5056

The thing about my children that makes my heart smile the most is that they Love the Lord and are teaching their children to love the Lord too.  They try to live good, Christian lives, loving and serving their fellow man. That makes my whole soul smile.

I hope that you had a Happy Mother’s Day too. If you didn’t, I am sorry. My heart goes out to you. I hope that God blesses you with comfort and peace.

Have a great week.  Hugs, Grammy L

 

8 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Lura Im so happy you had a lovely and nice mom day!! Love the pictures I send you a lot of love and hugss!!!blessings

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I surely enjoyed seeing your Mother's Day smiles. I think you have such a lovely family. It is so clear that you are so very loved, and no small wonder, you ARE a VERY loveable person!! I know, I treasure you. xxoo

bettyj said...

Oh Lura, I say the same thing about Debbie. She is always the one doing for me on Mothers Day, and won't let me do one thing to help. You have a beautiful family and your post always make me smile.

LeAnn said...

I always enjoy our smiles each week. You deserve all of those smiles. I know you what a wonderful person and mother you are. It has been such a blessing for me to get to know you. I loved the pictures and the smiles. We both are so blessed with good children who love the Lord. Blessings to you Lura and have a wonderful week.
Hugs!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day Lura - and you deserve it! blessings, marlene

Cathyjo said...

Dear Lura, So glad that you are so bless you deserve it. And thanks for your love and friendship.ooxx

joyh82 said...

Looks like you had a very Happy Mothers Day! My kids spoiled me with a new Kindle Fire because I am so obsessed with reading! Your roses are beautiful :)

Sybil said...

It is lovely that you were all able to smile on Mothering Sunday..what a true blessing your children are Lura..
what can be better than being loved.
love sybil xx