I am wishing all of my dear blog friends
a Happy Mother’s Day
I Know that this can be a hard day for some.
It was hard for my mom as a girl because she was an orphan and never felt a mother’s love as her friends did.
It was hard for 2 of my daughters during the years they were not blessed with children and wanted them badly.
It was hard for me the first year after my mother died… especially since her birthday is May 12th and always fell on or near Mother’s Day.
It was hard for my sister-in-law who never married.
It can be hard on women who did not/ d0 not have loving mothers.
It can be hard for mothers who are estranged from their children or have children who are wayward or not kind to them.
It can be hard on a birth mom who’s arms are empty because she loved her child so much she placed her up for adoption.
I am sorry if you have any of these sorrows today.
God knows your heart and He is there to comfort you.
I feel so blessed that Mother’s day is a special time for me.
I had a wonderful mother who loved me dearly. Memories of her makes my heart smile.
I have dear children & grandchildren who respect, love and spoil me.
I will go to a nice dinner at Mindy’s later today.
I will eat my yummy chocolate covered strawberries.
My eyes will feast on my pretty flowers.
I am blessed.
My heart is full of gratitude and thankfulness.
I will have a lovely day. I hope that you will too.
Hugs, Grammy L







9 comments:
Thanks, Lura, for a thoughtful and sensitive post. I'm not a bit surprised that a caring person -- as you are -- is thinking of others. Have a bright and blessed Mother's Day. Please stop by and visit. Calling all prayer warriors once again.
Happy mothers day dear Lura have awonderful and blessing day with your family!!
blessings and hugs dear!!
Thank you for the compassion towards those of us that struggle on Mother's Day, for whatever reason. I'm so glad that you are having a happy and blessed day. You truly deserve it!
Happy Mother's Day Lura!! I ouldn't let the day go by with out wishing you a wonderful day!!
I agree - what a thoughtful and sensitive post. But that is you - through and through!! And God smiles down on you for that!!
Warm hugs across the miles!!
Happy Mother's Day Lura!! I ouldn't let the day go by with out wishing you a wonderful day!!
I agree - what a thoughtful and sensitive post. But that is you - through and through!! And God smiles down on you for that!!
Warm hugs across the miles!!
This is such a beautiful post Lura. You are so kind and compassionate. I am blessed to call you friend. I hope you had a lovely day at Mindy's. I can almost taste those chocolate covered strawberries now!! Love you! It was so fun to talk the other day. I had been missing you! xxoo
Beautiful post, Lura. Not sure I have ever thought about it this way. I will from now on. I. too have been blessed, am blessed, and spoiled.
betty
That was a beautiful and eloquent post. I am so glad that you had a lovely day. I too was blessed with a loving mother that I share a closeness with. I am blessed to also be very close to my own children. And my grandchildren, as well as my 98 year old Grandmother.
I am truly blessed!!!
Hugs,
Kris
Thanks Lura for this heartfelt post. There are so many mothers and woman out there that hurt on Mother's day for various reason. I watched a sweet young woman in our Sacrament meeting start to cry and I wanted so much to comfort her.
I think we are so blessed to have wonderful family and friends that love us. I loved your sweet post today and I know that you had many smiles on Mother's Day.
I don't think we can ever stop missing our own dear mothers especially on Mother's day.
Blessings and hugs to you!
Post a Comment