Aloha again Blog Friends
Please come along with me on our visit to island of Kawai which was the 2nd port on our Hawaiian cruise. Kawai is called the garden island because it gets so much rain the whole island is like a big garden. It is beautiful.
We docked in the port of Nawiliwili (Isn’t that a cute name!) and boarded our Polynesian Adventure tour bus.
Our first stop was Opaekaa Falls. Quite a few of our group came with us.
Local artists paint pictures of the falls and sell them. We don’t have room on our walls for any more pictures so we didn’t buy any but several of our friends did. After this stop we continued on to the Wailua River for a boat ride.
The scenery as we cruised along the river was beautiful.
The view inside the boat was good too. We were entertained with Hawaiian music and dancing as we traveled down the river.
We docked at the Wailua River State Park … and…
…Hiked along the Heritage trail…
…to the Fern Grotto…
You can’t see it very well in these pictures but it is a famous cave in Kawai where couples go to get married. Because of all of the earthquake activity from the volcanoes, no one is allowed in the cave today but many marriages are still performed below the cave on this deck.
This is the birth place of the “Hawaiian Wedding Song” . Our boat entertainers sang it for us and dedicated it to all of those of us who were married . My heart was touched by the romantic song and the beautiful setting….
Several ladies in my group are widows. I was so thankful that John and I were able to be there together. We know that we are very blessed to have survived our auto accident and be able to enjoy this wonderful cruise together.
The foliage was beautiful. We could not believe how large these leaves were.
Of course “farmer” John had to closely inspect the plants.
We hated for this wonderful day to come to an end. I would recommend this excursion to you if you are visiting Kawai.
At the close of our day in Kawai, we boarded our ship and….
sailed away from this “Garden Island” . We hated to leave but we were looking forward to our next port which was the island of Oahu.
I hope that you have enjoyed visiting Kawai with us. We were very lucky that we had sunshine all day. It rains almost every day there but it made an exception just for us. Wasn’t that nice of Mother Nature!
I hope that all of you are doing well. I am sending you my big Aloha Hugs.







6 comments:
hi lura!!! what amazing cruise pics. your pics always make me yearn to go on a cruise again!! so glad you had so much fun! even if i am a bit jealous :)
sorry i haven't been in blogworld lately. don't know how much you follow fb and how much you know about whats going on with us: finally under contract with our house(sold, yea!!), we have to be out in less than 2 wks, we haven't found a house to move into yet(booo), so we get to move twice(double boooo:). we'll cram into a townhouse for a little while i guess. i'm 25 weeks pregnant tomorrow and just getting huuuger by the day as it also gets hotter by the day. joey is still stressed and studying for a big ccna test. so much packing to do. and ammon has to have surgery this week on top of it(ear tubes) so yeah, crazy times at our house! blogging has taken a seat on the backburner. i hope you and john and fam are well!!
Lura, what a beautiful place! I really enjoyed seeing all the pictures. It looks like everyone is having a wonderful time in that Island paradise! I send you lots of love and hugs on this early May Monday morning! xxoo
Thanks for allowing me to go along. Beautiful
As I enjoy your pictures I am loving your adventure more. I would love to see the Islands, someday. It is awesome that you are able to share these events with one another after all you both have been through. Thanks for sharing your wonderful smiles again this week. I will continue to look forward to more of your trip. Blessing, love and hugs to you. Have a wonderful Mother's Day my dear friend.
Lovely pic, and the smile's on your facees precious.00xx
Wow..it's so beautiful there! Amazing.
And, I'm so glad you are healthy and well enough to take such a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment