Sunday, March 4, 2012

A look back at lovely smiles

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

Hello again blog friends.

Welcome

march 

Here it is March already. Time just keeps “Marching” by. LOL

On the 25th of this month it will be one year since our accident. I have mixed feelings about that.  I’ll address that subject on another day.

Today I want to make my final post about more of my February smiles.

IMG_1409

February started out with an extra special luncheon. My dear friends, Jan and Kris invited me over for a delicious lunch and a Valentine making party. It was a delightful day. Jan and Kris have all sorts of  beautiful card making supplies. I only got a few cards made but we surely had a great time.

IMG_4061

The cards we made turned out really nice. That was a great day.

IMG_4049

On the 12th I made Valentine’s dinner Mindy, Ernie and the kiddos. It is too hard for us to get together on a school night but having an early Valentine’s dinner worked out just fine. Smile…. Smile

IMG_4059

On Feb. 13th my life long friend, Sil, came to visit. I made special “Valentineish” meals. We had a “love..ly” visit….

IMG_4053

….and we enjoyed the Valentine goodies.

 

 

IMG_4060

Valentine’s Day was special from morning to night.

IMG_4067IMG_4065

I was thrilled with the beautiful flowers my sweetheart gave me. I am so blessed to have my sweet husband to share my life with. I’ve always known that…. but since the accident I realize it more than ever. I thank God for him every day.

425654_2747685698376_1444584178_32131929_2089576444_nIMG_4111

I took the picture on the right today. As you can see the flowers are wilted past their prime. I will throw them out tomorrow. … But…these pretty flowers have made my heart smile for the past 3 weeks. I am amazed that they lasted so long. Maybe they knew I was sick and they wanted to cheer me up.  It worked.

IMG_2071

On the afternoon of the 14th Sil, and Jan joined me at our WICC Valentine’s Tea.

IMG_2082IMG_2083

IMG_2069

The Women’s Improvement Club went all out for the occasion.

It was a beautiful tea party but the best part was being there with Jan and Sil.  After the tea,we had a fashion show. I will have to tell you about that another time….. believe it or not, they ask me to be a model. …. but don’t be impressed until I show you the pictures…. let’s just say it was not a typical fashion show.

IMG_4089IMG_4100

As I already posted, we went to LouAnn’s to have Valentine’s dinner with the missionaries. Then on the 16th we had a special “Loved” themed meeting at our Day Time Relief Society. We talked about God’s love for us and how we can show our love for Him by loving one another as we are told to do in John 13:34-35.  After the talks, I had the sisters do a “getting to know you” activity. It all turned out just as I hoped and prayed it would. I was smiling about that.

6000_RedlandsCaliforniaTemple_hr

 After our Relief Society meeting I rushed off and spent the rest of the day serving in the temple. 

As you can see, up to that point I’d had a perfect February…. It was filled with family, friends and love.  It could not have been nicer. Unfortunately, I started getting really sick the evening of the 16th and have been pretty much down in bed since then.  However, I am better today. I got to go to church today which I especially enjoyed after missing the past 2 Sundays.

I am counting my blessings and smiling.

I am also wishing all of you my best and sending you hugs.

Have a great week.

9 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I love sharing your smiles along with you Lura. Loved all the pictures. It is so good to see you. I cannot thank you enough for the blessing that you are in my life. I love you with all of my heart. xxoo

Jan's Blog said...

What a lovely half month you had, and how excited I was to be a part of it. Making Valentines and attending the Tea Party were the highlights of my Valentine month. Anytime we are together is special. I love you!!!

hoLLy said...

yea! you are better! so glad to hear that. love seeing you with your family and friends. it looks like you are constantly surrounded by love-which you deserve-since you give so much of it!! xoxo

bettyj said...

What beautiful pictures. The dessert table made my mouth water. Have a good week.

LeAnn said...

I love reading your smiles each week; it brings feeling of happiness to my soul. You have such a wonderful family, friends and great moments. What a lovely month filled with love. Your pictures are so awesome. We do need to treasure those husbands of ours.
Please take good care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a way to celebrate - family, food, friends, flowers. :) Wish I could have joined in that tea party. It looks scrumptious! blessings, marlene

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Has it been a whole year already? You look great, and with that beautifu smile, who would guess by looking at you all you've been through. You are one remarkable lady.

Kris said...

It was wonderful to be part of your February happiness. It was a wonderful month indeed. The month of pink and love.
Have fun with the Utah grands.

Sybil said...

I am so happy to read that you had such wondeful Valantine smile sto share with us..Only wish I could have been with you to share in some of these lovely events..
Hope by now that you really are feeling much better and looking forward to a lovely spring and early sumer
Hugs and Loves,
from sybil xxx