Friday, March 23, 2012

Thanks for the Well Wishes

Thanks to those of you who wished us well on our trip home from Utah.

IMG_4324

Last Monday we dusted the snow off of our little car and packed it up for home.

IMG_4335

We waved goodbye to dear ones and were on our way home.

IMG_4334

I was really terrified nervous driving in the snow again… in March no less… with the anniversary of our accident fast approaching…

IMG_4337

In fact I could hardly look out of the window as we sped through the deluge of white flakes bombarding us. I kept my eyes down working on my embroidery project or playing on my iPad.

John was never worried or anxious about this trip like I was. I told him it is because he was knocked out at the first collision last year and didn’t live through the horror of the 2nd and 3rd collisions…. nor does he remember us sitting in our demolished car, waiting for the jaws of life to cut us free,  in unbelievable pain, covered in blood and wondering if each breath would be our last!! I told him he is lucky that I am not more petrified  squeamish. So there!!! …lol… He just has to put up with me!

IMG_4339

I was relieved when  snowy Utah turned into the clear Arizona. I always enjoy the drive through the beautiful Virgin River gorge.

IMG_4008

The rest of the trip through Nevada and California was a breeze… (Ha..as if you can ever call driving through Las Vegas a breeze.)

IMG_4340

And about 11 hours after saying goodbye in Utah, we drove up to our home-sweet-home in California safe and sound.

What a blessing that we can visit loved ones 700 miles away so easily. Just think how hard this journey would have been for the pioneers. We live in perilous times…. but there are also many blessing to living in our day and age.

For that I am thankful.

I have a lot of travel agent work that I must catch up on the computer…. but as soon as I can I am anxious to post my Utah smiles and catch up on your blogs,

Until then…. I am sending you hugs, Grammy L

8 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

They say the first step is the hardest and I'm sure this first trip since the accident was the hardest too. From now on it will be a breeze! blessings, marlene

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I didn't realize John was joining you! I am so glad you could make the trip home together - safely!!

lots of hugs from the other coast!!

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Lura I m do happy yoi had a nice and pretty well trip, what nice you are at home,send you hugs and loads of love, love yah

Marie Rayner said...

I don't know how I missed your last post and then this one!! You must have snuck them both in! I am so glad that you both got home safe and sound! I know how you must have felt on the journey, especially with the snow. Memories such as yours are so hard to erase and I think anyone would be travelling with more than a bit of trepidation, especially after what you have had to endure for this past year. Here's hoping, now you have made the journey once, you will feel easier the next time! Can't wait to see what you got up to in Utah! Love you lots and lots! xxoo

Buttercup said...

So glad that all went well. Looking forward to seeing your adventures and pictures of your lovely family. Hugs and happy wishes!

Sybil said...

I am just glad that you are both home safe and sound. The next journey won't seem quite so bad I hope !...
Loking forward to your next "smiles" good luck with the travel agent work !! Less than a month now Mary and I will be sailing away to the Med..looking forward to that so much..
love to you both
God Bless
Sybil xx

Kris said...

So happy you are home safe and sound Lura!!!

hoLLy said...

yea for a safe trip! you are brave lura! :) proud of you! and thank goodness for things to do in the car to keep busy. unfortunately, i get carsick sooo easily and can't look at or read anything(pregnant or not). it stinks!