Happy September Hello
My first smile today is for my blog friend, Buttercup.
She recently had the same surgery that I had in July. Her doctors, like mine, feared that she had ovarian cancer. She has come through the surgery successfully and blessedly, her tumors, like mine, were benign. Her blog is called “Buttercup counts her blessings” …. she is…counting her blessings and so am I.
…
I really can’t believe it is Sept. School has started. It is almost Fall.
Fall birthdays make me smile .
I have 8 family members and several friends who have birthdays in Fall. I look forward to celebrating their lives. I will share them with you as they occur.
Decorating for fall makes me smile.
. I have boxes and boxes of Fall decorations….almost as many as my Christmas decorations. (Much to John’s dismay.)
I may not be up to getting them all out this year… but then… maybe I will. I still can’t do much with my left arm but it might be good therapy for me to try. Perhaps the joy of decorating will help me overlook the pain of moving that arm. That would make me smile.
I will share those smiles with you at a later date. Today I want to share my
Tea Party with Claire Smiles
Claire came over to spend a couple of nights with us. I started out her day with breakfast in bed. She woke up with smiles. After eating, we hurried into the kitchen to start making goodies for our up coming tea party.
Having a tea party is one of our traditions when she comes to visit. We were especially excited this time because we got to use the “Tea party in a box” gifts that Marie had sent us from England. We started out by making and glazing lemon rosette cakes in the little molds Marie sent.
We also made a cinnamon crumb cake and Teacup cakes in the Teacup molds Jan gave me.
I decided it was the perfect time to teach Claire how to do some cake decorating. After a little practice, she did a great job decorating the cupcakes.
Making the goodies took all morning… so…. since it was lunch time …
We decided to add heart shaped egg salad sandwiches and fresh fruit to our tea party menu.
Just as we were setting the table with our finest tea party dishes, including the pretty blue teacup Marie sent me, my neighbor, Ginger dropped by to see how I was doing. We invited her to stay and share our tea party with us.
We were full of smiles as we ate our goodies and drank our herbal tea.
Ginger asked if I was really feeling well enough to go to the work of making a tea party. I guess I wasn’t …my face was flushed and I was hurting quite a bit by the time we finished…..but it was so much fun! I was glad we did it. I can lie in bed any day…. Making a tea party with my granddaughter was special… and worth every minute of the time and effort it took.
My heart was full of smiles.
I hope that you are smiling too. Please tell me about your week.
I am sending my hugs and very best wishes to you.
Have a great week.







13 comments:
Your posts always make me smile. I just love the pictures of you and your sweet smile.I loved the tea party and your granddaughter is so beautiful and she has an awesome grandmother. I am so happy that your friend is ok. I found you through Marie; so she is such a joy to my life, also. We must meet if you come to Utah. I really treasure our blogging friendship
You have taught me much of faith, friendships, family, and courage.
Blessings to you!
Oh Lura, I loved seeing you and Claire enjoying the teaparty things. How wonderful. Maybe one day I will be able to have a tea party with my granddaughter. Miracles happen. You are a testimony to that because you are a walking miracle to me. I am so sorry that you are still in pain. You are as ever in my prayers. I love you so! Kisses and Gentle hugs to you this day and every day sweet friend. xxoo
Oh Lura: I am so happy to see you up and about, in spite of still having pain. What fun to have a "Tea Party" with Claire...I used to play "Barbie" with my granddaughters and they still remember that. And Claire looked like she was really getting it with that decorating thing-y...I never was able to master that!Check out http://theoldefarmhouse.blogspot.com as I finally posted, wedding, torn miniscus knee, etc. Keep on mending...it will happen and one day you will wake up with NO PAIN! Love ya, Joy
You make me smile and I loved the sweet pictures of Claire's tea party. I do feel richly blessed, certainly for the good health news we shared this summer and for all the blessings in my life, not the least of which is having you and John as friends. I've kept the picture of us at the Battalion Museum on my china cupboard, so I walk by it and smile at least a dozen times a day. Continuing prayers for your health, my sweet friend.
Hi I hope you got my email. Ive been crazy busy. So glad you found my blog. I hope I can be a fum Grandma like you.
My kids love tea parties! That is such a fun idea. And I love the song.
Sandy
Your post make me smile dear Lura, Im happy you are happy and love the pictures of your Tea party with Claire, look delicious! xxgloria
What a fun, upbeat post. You must be feeling better than you think. I love the traditions you have with your grandkids. It inspires me to do more of them with mine. Grandkids are the best! Keep going, you are getting stronger every day. Pushing yourself lets you know that you are making progress. It is worth the pain. Love ya!
Such a nice tea party, and heart shaped sandwiches, that just sounds fun...Spending time with the grandchildren is a real treasure. Making memories make me smile..Have a great week Lura! !
Sorry I'm so late geting around please forgive me. What a lovely post and it realy make me Smile.I so enjoyed it.So glad your here to enjoy the little things of life and pass them on to us. Thank you. Take Care,Love You.ooxx
Your tea party looked like so much fun Lura! Glad you are coming along and that your friend Buttercup had a sucessful surgery . Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments! xoxo
you are such a sweet grandma!!!! looks like you and claire had a wonderful time together! sorry you are still hurting so much though:( you are so sweet to do all of that to spend time with claire even though you aren't feeling great. she'll remember those times forever.
glad to hear that your friends tumor is benign-yea!!!
hope you are having a good week my friend! xoxo
What a nice special time with your granddaughter! Don't forget to take breaks still and take it easy...i was wondering the same thing about all you did that day and worried about you.
Post a Comment