I even had you in my prayers...
I have been working on her confirmation dress all week.
The weather was warm....but not hot... so I enjoyed cutting it out on the patio.
You can see from the picture above that Heidi was a great help to me.
I rolled the edge of the ties and sewed them on.
I got the petticoat made with it's yards of ruffles and sewed into the skirt.
I got the skirt finished and hemmed. Now all I have to do is sew the bodice and skirt together...
(which is kind of a pain and not my favorite job)
...put in the zipper....
...sew the ribbons and roses on the front...
...and I will be done.
(I'll show you the finished project when it is done.)
That will make me smile.
This is confirmation dress #4 that I have made for my grandgirls.
I thought is would be my last...
...but... I was wrong.
Now that we have had our little Ellie join our family
I will be doing this again in 71/2 years.
...
I am smiling that I have these dear granddaughters.
I am smiling that they are being raised to love the Lord and want to be baptised.
I am smiling that I have the skill to sew for them... and their mom's want me to.
I am smiling that I have a sewing room and state of the art machines.
All this makes me smile and so does....
This boy....umm I mean... missionary....
Justin loves being in the MTC (Missionary Training Center).In his letter home this week he told us that he is learning
Spanish quickly. He said that after being there only a week
he could pray in Spanish expressing his feelings quite well.
That is a miracle.
That makes me smile.
...
Besides the sewing this week I did quite a lot of work on the computer putting
together a new cruise group for a 15 day trip through the Panama Canal.
It will be in Sept of next year.
If you would like info about it let me know.
I would love to have you join our group.
...
I also had 3 sick families in our area that needed help with meals.
After doing all this I just didn't have a minute left to do any blogging.
Again I am sorry.
I hope that I will get caught up and do better this coming week.
However, I have a lot going on again this week so please be
patient with me.
I promise that I will be thinking of you with love.
Have a great week.








7 comments:
The dress is going to be beautiful of course - as are all things made with love. The picture of your grandson is precious. He probably wouldn't like being called precious! :) But that's exactly what he is. blessings, marlene
Don't you dare feel like you need to apologize !!! You have been doing exactly what you needed to do and blogs can wait!! I am sure many others will agree with me!
I can't wait to see that dress. How blessed your GD's are to have such special dresses made by Grammy with love!!
I agree with Marlene about your grandson!!
have a wonderful smile filled week!
Hugs!
Lura it is AMAZING what you do! What a lucky girl to be the recipient of that dress! How fun that Justin is in the MTC. I didn't know that. Great things are happening in the Staffanson family!
My dear sweet Lura! No need to apologize. You have been right where you needed to be, doing what you needed to do!! You are so blessed to be able to do those confirmation dresses for your sweet grand daughters and they are blessed to have a sweet grandma to make them for them. How beautiful this dress is going to be! Justin looks so handsome in his suit. I just know he is going to be a fantastic missionary. How could he not be, when he has been brought up in a home and family that lives so close to the Saviour's ways. I love you my friend. I was so sorry not to be able to talk to you the other night!! We had the missionaries there sharing a special message with us and also some friends having dinner with us. I hope we can talk soon. Don't forget to take some "YOU" time!! XXOO
sounds like you have been one busy woman!! the dress is gorgeous-i can't wait to see the finished pictures! your granddaughters are very very blessed to have you! i'm doing well, ammon is such an easy baby!(i hope he stays this way!) life is getting back to "normal" :) in other news, joey got a job offer which would move us far from texas, we'll see what happens. we have a big decision to make today! i'll blog it if we decide to take it:) take care this week and talk to you soon!
You are so talented to make these gorgeous dresses.. I know thaht envy is a sin so I had better not say that I envy you that talent..just say I wish I had it !!
Thank you for the message on my blog. Tomorrow will be a difficult day so sure will be relying on my friends prayers...
much love Sybil x
Can't wait to see the finished dress. It sounds beautiful, and what fortunate little girls to have such a talented grammy to make their special day even more special with this lovely tradition.
Post a Comment