Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Six Smiles

Here it is Sunday again and time to tell you about the things that have made me smile.
If you read my blog you already know the reasons I am so happy and thankful.
However, I will tell you again and add a few new ones as well.

Of course you know that my biggest smiles come from having this
little angel join our family.


Erin has wanted to be a mommy since she was a little girl.
Since the day she got married we've all prayed that she might be blessed
with children.


The Lord surely has answered those prayers.
He didn't answer them the way we thought he would...
but He answered them just the same.
How thankful we are for God's goodness to us.
How thankful we are for adoption and the 2 birth moms
that had the love and courage to place their children with
Erin and Patrick to raise.
...
All my grandchildren make me smile.
Our 16 year old Jalen is such a good kid... and a good artist.
Here he shows the tee shirts he decorated for him and E.J. to wear
when they went paint ball fighting.
Jalen drew the action figures, cut out the stencils and painted the shirts.
No wonder E.J. loves his big cousins so much.
...
John's family make me smile.
Here we are with John's older brother Forrest, and his wife, RoLayne..
They are such dear people.
If you look closely you will see a hospital bed behind that screen
in the back of the room.
They have been taking care of John's sister,
Celia for several years.
What a sacrifice they have made.....They make my heart smile.
...
The youth of our church make me smile.

We had the whole group over for a B-B-Q pool party
the night before school started.

Our game room got to be used ...

...as a real game room...(Instead of a buffet room.)... the way it used to when our kids were at home.

Having our pool full of teenagers again made my heart sing.

Having a husband that welcomes people to our home makes
me smile too.


Having a home and pool to share with others
is a blessing that makes me smile and I always am thankful for them.


Of course my favorite kids that enjoy our pool are our
grandkiddos.
I love it when they come over to swim.
They came over yesterday and they are spending the night tonight
after we have dinner together.
We will have fun in the pool again tomorrow since it is a holiday.
I am so blessed and thankful to have so much to smile about.
...
I hope that you've had a week full of smiles too.
I know that Holly did because I've seen her sweet new baby.
Congrats, Holly. Little Ammon makes me smile too.
...
I wish you all my best.

9 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Now that looks like a lot of fun!!!! Kids...water.....3 day weekend= JOY!!

Have a wonderful week!! ((HUGS)))

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Lura, your smiles do make me smile too! I loved each and every one of them. I am so pleased for Erin and Patrick and this new little wee one who had carved a place in their hearts. What a sweet and special family they are. Those two birth moms could not have made better choices, in my opinion! I wish that I could come and play in your pool! Oh what a lovely day that would be! One day Todd and I hope to be able to do just that. The best part will be of course getting to spend time with you and John! I do love and cherish you so much! xxoo
PS Off now to check out Amon! I am so happy for Holly and Joey too!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Lura it is just amazing that you have all those kids there for the pool party - most parents/grandparents wouldn't dare. When I was a principal I always said overseeing teenagers is like trying to herd cats - impossible, takes incredicble energy, and is the most fun ever! :) blessings, marlene

Kris said...

Lura, YOU make me SMILE :)) I am missing you! Your blog is beautiful. Erin's little girl is precious. The photo with the garland on her head is Fabulous. The backyard filled with the cute kids from church looks SO fun. Happy Times!
I leave Thursday to get Jan! We will be back on Monday...forever!
Love to you.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I love your smiles Lura - especially that teeny little precious angel!! She is so darling!

I used to feed my sons entire football team the night before their games and I loved having them all over. Not sure I could do it now with Lili's gear taking over the family room though!

Have a wonderful week - looking forward to your smiles next weekend.

HUGS!

Sybil said...

Lura, your smiles make me smile as well. what blessings you have to be surounded with such wonderful friends and family...Like Marie I am so pleased for Erin and Patrick that they have been blessed with such a lovely little family. God bless them all..W have had a nice sunny day here despite what the weather forecaster said ! Also a happy day as John is still with us,
Love Sybil xx

hoLLy said...

thanks lura!!! :) we definitely have had many many smiles this week! ammon is a keeper for sure! he is perfect, absolutely perfect. i am doing well, recovery is a little harder this time around(i'm thinking because he was HUUUUGE:) but today is a good day. and he is just the best tempered little guy ever, just gazes at us deep in thought all the time(well when he isn't eating or sleeping) we are so blessed.

and those pics of erin and ellie are the SWEETEST. i've never met your daughter but her love for her children just exudes from her posts and photos. i can tell she is an amazing mother and person. i'm so happy for her and her two little blessings. and you must be one proud grammy! congrats again to everyone. love ya!

Erin said...

Our little angel is just so sweet! We feel so, so incredibly blessed! She is a perfect addition to our little family!

Seeing all those kids in the pool reminds me of our good old days as teens. What happy times!

Love you mom!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those sweet babies are just precious.

And, how wonderful of you to open your house to all of those teenagers. I bet it was a great time.