Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunday Smiles #2..Our day with Claire and yard tour

Last Monday was Memorial Day Holiday and Claire spent it with us.
After getting up and making breakfast we ate on the patio.

Then Claire started having fun in the yard.

Grampy designed the yard especially for kids

We call this side yard the enchanted Forest.

There are ramps to go up...
And bridges....

And a rope to go up and down the hill

And paths to explore
(Can you see the 7 dwarf's mine behind Claire?)

There are dragons...

And enchanted flowers

Claire loves our enchanted forest and so do I.
We have spent many a day there playing and having picnics.
I am glad that John made this magic land for us.

Next, Grampy asked Claire to help him find
treasures from the back yard.

Claire spied the artichokes and passion fruit first.

Then the strawberries....yummy

And Boysenberries...

Then more strawberries from the patio patch.

What a lot of treasure our yard gave us that day.

We got, tomatoes, strawberries, boysenberries, beets,
artichokes, rhubarb , lemons and oranges.
... and a pretty Passion Flower


After that Claire was ready to swim.
I told her it was too cold but....

She convinced me it was just right...

So I went in too. We had fun.

That evening she went with us to visit a sick, housebound friend of ours.
Claire sang Helen several songs.
Helen thought Claire has a beautiful voice and enjoyed the "concert".
...
EJ and Austin also spent a night and day with us last weekend.
I will tell you my smiles about that later.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Lura



5 comments:

Angie said...

Gosh Lura, that was like having a lovely day out, following Claire round your garden. And all that fresh fruit and veg "on tap".........

hoLLy said...

my girls are dying to visit your enchanted forest again soon-hopefully next year!!! we miss you all!!!!

Silvija said...

Lura,

Your yard looks wonderful! How nice to have Claire for the day! Your yard does look like a fantasyland. John does a great job.

Sil

Erin said...

I wish we would "blink" ourself to your house! 600 miles away is just too far! Thanks for letting us share your day with you!

Love you mom!

Marie Rayner said...

What a lovely day you had with Claire and your garden. How wonderful! I love the enchanted forest. You need some fairies there!! What a bountiful garden you have as well. I am bowled over by all the goodies!! My favourite part of the post, seeing your lovely smiling face next to Claire in the pool! MWHA! Love you to bits! xxoo