Sunday, May 30, 2010

Smiles from Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska

Today I am going to share some of the beautiful sights of
Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska with you.
We cruised into the fjord for several hours before turning around

and cruising back out into the open sea.


We were smiling all the way.
This was a true high light of our trip to Alaska.



My pictures do not do it justice but maybe they will
give you an idea of the spectacular scenery.



We passed over a hundred frozen waterfalls...

Numerous ice bergs floated by..
(It made me think of Titanic and shiver.)


Our souls were filled with wonder and awe as we viewed
Gods creations in this remote area of the world.

We were so glad that we could share this experience with friends.
This is Martha and Joe, our neighbors.

John and I will never forget visiting Tracy Arm Fjord.

We spent much of the day out on the deck...
and so did our friends.
Here LouAnn ties Kris's shoe for her.
Is that a banana John is holding?
It was probably a frozen banana by the time he ate it.

...

We also spied a whale...



but he was on the deck...LOL
(Actually we did see several whales at different times on this trip
but I could never get a picture.)
The icebergs started getting bigger and bigger.


This does not look that big but the captain told us it was
enormous under water.
He took us into the Fjord over an hour further than did the
previous cruise ship that went through the Fjord,
but we had to turn around before we got to the end to the glacier.
We were disappointed we didn't get to see the glacier but since
we didn't want to hit an iceberg and sink, we didn't complain.
Do you notice that no one is in the pool?

That is because we were all bundled up in blankets sipping hot chocolate.

Goodbye Tracy Arm Fjord.
We were filled with smiles as we viewed this beautiful scenery.
...
It fills me with wonder to see the spectacular beauty God has
created in this remote area of the world.
We feel very blessed and thankful.
...
I hope that you have enjoyed sharing Tracy Arm Fjord with me.
I hope that you are doing well.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Lura

7 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

How beautiful and breath-taking. I think that's a cruise I could do...the water looks incredibly calm.

Erin said...

Beautiful Mom! We want to come with you next time, ok? :) What a great trip! Love you!!

Marie Rayner said...

How very beautiful Lura!! What a fabulous experience and how sweet of you to share it with us! It looks very cold though!! I am glad that you had blankets and John to help keep you warm! One day perhaps Todd and I will be able to share some of these things first hand with you and John. What a lovely thought! I send love and hugs from across the sea! xxoo

Sheryl said...

Just stunning! I know that we are looking to take that cruise someday. Your neighbor Martha is the mother in law of my friend Jeannette. so fun that they got to go with you.

Angie said...

It looks C-O-L-D!!! I never thought of there being fjords in Alaska, over here we more often think of the Norwegian fjords. Your photos are just fine. Only the human eye can really 'see' the beauty and majesty of such sights but the camera is the next best thing.

Thank the Lord for blankets and hot chocolate. I just can't think why there was no-one in the pool!

hoLLy said...

wow lura-that looks AMAZING!! and yeah, the icebergs would freak me out too:)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a wonderful trip. So beautiful. Although it looks cold, brrrr. How lucky you were to be able to go!

XOXO
Jen