Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Smiles #1 Thanks for the Music Claire

Thanks for the Music
Last night our 8 year old Claire sang in a concert.

She also sang in a program last week and will again
during the next two weeks.

We are thankful and smiling that we live close to Mindy and Ernie
and their sweet children.
We wish that our 10 other grandchildren were not so far away
but we are smiling that Claire can share her songs with us in person
and not just on skyp (but skyp is better than nothing.)
...
Here is 28 seconds of "Thanks for the Music".
I could not get blogger to upload more of the song.
Turn off my play list so you can hear Claire sing.
I think you will enjoy it even though it is cut off.
...
For the rest of my smiles you will have to scroll down to my next post.
I will give you a tour of our "enchanted forest".
Hugs, Lura


9 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

What a wonderful week you had with fun and talent at every turn. Claire is adorable and I so wish I could hear her sing. My computer won't let me play the video. Anyway I hope this week is as good if not better. Love you dear friend.

Angie said...

"Who was that?" Keith asked, so I told him and he came over for a second listen and a watch of the video. Your Claire actually caused him to forsake the grand final of Britain's Got Talent. Now that takes some doing!
love, Angie, xx

TUTU Monkey said...

Wow!!! she is good!!

This gave me a "Sunday Smile" too. Hope to visit you soon. We have been running around like crazy but things are starting to slow down. Sarah's little school had it's last day on Friday....now we can RELAX!! ((Hugs to both of you!!))

hoLLy said...

wow, claire is even better than when we were there(i didn't think that was possible) she is fantastic!!! i can't believe that voice can come out of an 8 year old! my girls and i enjoyed watching her sing. :)

Kris said...

Hi Lura,
Rebecca's computer won't play the video. I will try when I get home. Is Claire singing for us at RS still? I hope so.
Miss you.

Erin said...

Claire, Claire, Claire... she is simply amazing! When we were in California she was trying to decide which song to sing for this concert and I'm so glad she picked this one- wow! Spectacular!!

Marie Rayner said...

How adorable Lura! What a talented little beauty she is! I predict good things in her future. Lura, you have been so very blessed with your wonderful family. They are each one a true treasure. I know this because I know you and I have been fortunate enough to have met at least half of them! Those wonderful acorns have not fallen very far from the tree dear friend. You and John are two of the loveliest people I know. I am honored to call you friends! I love you dearly. xxoo

Marie Rayner said...

How adorable Lura! What a talented little beauty she is! I predict good things in her future. Lura, you have been so very blessed with your wonderful family. They are each one a true treasure. I know this because I know you and I have been fortunate enough to have met at least half of them! Those wonderful acorns have not fallen very far from the tree dear friend. You and John are two of the loveliest people I know. I am honored to call you friends! I love you dearly. xxoo

Sustainability Nut said...

hi grammy! Jonathan from Sydney I was writing my own blog when I pressed 'next blog' and saw your fantastic blog. It looks like you have such a wonderful funloving family and really know how to celebrate life!

Keep up the blogging! I will add you to my view list.