Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Six smiles for this week

Dear blog friends,
We have had a lot to smile about this week.
Let me show you a few things that made us smile and for which we are thankful.


Thursday July 9th was our 44th anniversary.
As I told you last week, we went away for a couple of days and had a great time.
(I will tell you all about in another post)
I took lots of pictures and then found the new 4GB SD memory card I'd bought would not upload the pictures to my computer....or any other computer.....and my card reader could not read it either...Even Sam's Club photo machine could not read it......BUMMER...I was not smiling....
...but....
I was able to get the pictures off of the card after all by taking them directly from the camera to the computer and not using a card reader....what a relief....that made me smile.
(Thanks to all of you that sent me blog concern about this last week.)
...
Mindy and Ernie went on a little get-away last weekend and we got to keep their 3 children and their dog for 4 days.


We had so much fun.
We played in the pool from morning 'til night

Monday 10 year old Lonica flew in from Utah to join us.
We were all smiling and happy to have Loni-Lou with us.
Then we played in the pool even more.
(If that was possible)
We made homemade ice cream
...
Loni and Grampy had their traditional buttermilk toast.
They think it is yummy even though the rest of us say "Yuck!"
They make me smile.

We made cookies.... twice!

Did I mention that we played in the pool?
I had 20 wet towels a day to prove it.
We roasted marshmallows at the fire pit.

The kids kept wanting some more s'mores
...
We played wii for hours
(If we weren't at the fire pit or in the pool we were playing wii)
This picture cracks me up.
Do you think Austin played wii a little too long???
...
I took the girls to the movies to see "Up"
The boys had already seen it and wanted to stay home with Grampy, so we girls had a gal's afternoon out.
(The popcorn and the soda cost as much as the tickets to the movie...That didn't make me happy but the smile on the girl's faces did.)
It turned out that we were the only people in the theater.
I let the girls sit on the front row and goof off.
We had fun.
...
What a blessing to be able to spend this past week with 4 of our grandchildren.
I am thankful for the fun we had and the memories we made.
I am thankful that John and I have the health and strength to do this.
I was worn out by the time Mindy and Ernie got home....but at the same time I hated to see them go.
I am blessed with a wonderful family.
I thank my Heavenly Father for each of them every day.
...
That is what I've been smiling about....how about you?
Have a great week.
Love, Grammy Lura

15 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I always love your smiles!! They are the best!

We babysat twice this week, had family over twice, had prim friends over once and DH and I had our first corn of the summer! I am still smiling!

Sheryl said...

Absolutely wonderful! Your love and sharing of your time and being so fun will stay with them forever!! They are blessed to have you!

Jan's Blog said...

Your smiles always make me smile. I had a girl's night with my 2 nieces Janelle and Laura (watch for upcoming post) and I am soooooo tired, but I feel like I had as many smiles as you did for the first time in such a long time. Oh and I am soooooo looking forward to seeing you in September/October. I miss you my friend and no one gets as much pleasure out of high tea and you and Kris and I. I hope there's high tea in beautifully decorated rooms in heaven. If there are, that's were I'll be waiting for you and Kris when you come along!!!
Blessings to all...and lots of love,
Jan

hoLLy said...

its so awesome how you and john get to spend some much quality time with those wonderful grandchildren of yours! such great memories you are sharing with them. i love that pic of sweet lil austin sleeping with the mario kart wheel:) how cute!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Lura, your smiles make me smile too!!! I am so glad that you were able to get your photos downloaded finally!! Whew! I was hoping that you would find a way! Looks like you and John enjoyed your anniversary! How wonderful. I send you lots of love and hugs! I have missed you my sweet friend! XXOO

Angie said...

I don't know what's going on with my Dashboard these days - I was thinking you must have gone on holiday and I missed that but no, here you are, just not showing on my Dashboard. Happy anniversary! What beautiful flowers - did you arrange them?

Imagine if all of your grandchildren decided to visit, all at the same time. The cinema wouldn't seem empty then - and you might get a reduction for a block booking!

love, Angie, xx

TUTU Monkey said...

YOU WON!!!! Pop on over and see!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are the best most funnest grandma ever! Look at all that fun stuff.

And, I'm so glad you got your pictures...I didn't think of that obvious solution.

TUTU Monkey said...

Good Mornng!!

email me you address to

dana@tutumonkey.com

Have a WONDERFUL week!! ((HUGS))

Tara D. said...

First off, let me start by congratulating you two again on your 44th anniversary! Amazing! :)
Isn't is wonderful when you're the only ones in a large movie theatre, I love it when that happens. Looks like a grand time, as always.

Lynne said...

Hi Lura,
I've enjoyed catching up on your fun times.
Technology is great isn't it, until it doesn't do what you want it to. We've been having problems with our computer which has limited my use on it. Just now I have tried to write a new post for my blog, but I can't write anything on it! But I can write here! Very frustrating. Never mind I will give it a rest now and try again later.

Amandawhatever said...

hey this is Amanda ya lonica got there safely.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic Sunday Six!! Austin's picture is a keeper and I remember drinking buttermilk by the cartons as a little girl! Congrats on your 44th - maybe you could take your card to a videographer and they could work some magic with it. Have a great week!

Baak Talk said...

Grandma sure does look like a lot of fun!! What a fun grandma you are.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

A very belated Happy Anniversary! That's a lovely picture of the two of you, and it seems like you had a wonderful visit with the kids too. Great pictures.