
I have had much to smile about this week. I think that the pictures are self evident but I will add a little dialogue for clarification.

We just got home from St. George Utah. We went to cheer on our grandson Johnny who was in a
Gymnastics competition there yesterday.
Lynell, Johnny and Loni drove down from Northern Utah. We drove up from Southern CA and we met in the middle which was St. George. It was great to spend 1 1/2 days with them...it was way too short a time but special all the same.
Smile # 1 was the high bar


Johnny got 1st place
Lynell was taping each event while I took these photos.
...
Smile # 2 the parallel bars


Johnny got 1st place.

Scoring goes up to 16 now.... Johnny is in level 7 and was competing against boys who were older. It is very good for a boy his age to score this high.
...
Smile # 3 the floor exercise
I couldn't get a good picture because he was flipping around too fast and he was too far away most of the time.

Johnny got 1st place

15.20 YEAH!!!

Of course Grammy had to give her boy some love and
encouragement.
...
Smile # 4 the rings
This is Johnny's favorite apparatus....and....

...mine too


Again Johnny got 1st place
...
Smile # 5 the pommel horse
This is Johnny's hardest apparatus. It is very hard to do the skills when you are young and your legs and arms are short.

This was the first time in
competition that Johnny did not fall off the
pommel horse. It was his lowest score of the day....12.00....but that was higher than the other boys got and high enough to give him 1st place again.
...
Smile # 6 the vault
This is not a great picture but he did a great vault.

This was his last event. Loni got to hold up his 1st place score.

At the award ceremony he stood in the middle 1st place spot for every event.
Notice how much shorter and smaller Johnny is compared to the older boys he was competing against. He may be small but he is mighty.

So he ended up with 7 first place medals. One for each event and one for over-all

Actually he got 8 medals because Loni made him this gold medal out of her sticky bar things...
(I forgot their real name but they are surely fun to play with. Do you know what they are called? )

Loni was so happy for her big 12 year old brother.

And so were his Grammy and
Grampy
This bike was sitting outside of the gym. Johnny hopped on and said he wanted a bike like that some day. I hope he forgets about that with time.... but he may not... my John still wants a bike like that... and I keep saying ...no...no...no
...
Now for my extra smiles...
Smile #7 meeting our blog friend Kelsi
Kelsi is
Lynell's,
Erin's and my blog friend. When she found out we were coming to St. George she invited us to stay with her. I already had booked a motel room for Fri. and Sat. but John and I did plan to stay there tonight. We were hoping to visit with our friends
Sherri, Nancy and
Sil this afternoon and tomorrow..... unfortunately.... my tummy was really hurting and acting up and we decided that I had better get home to my own bed. So we left a day earlier than we planned.
Kelsi also invited us to go to church with her family before we left for home. We appreciated that because it is always nicer to attend church with someone you know. Then after church Kelsi invited us to her home for a nice lunch. We visited with her darling family, changed out of our Sunday clothes, ate a delicious lunch and then headed down the freeway for our homes.
Thank you Kelsi for your kindness and hospitality. We enjoyed going to your ward for church and getting to have lunch at your house and not having to go out to eat on the Sabbath. Getting to meet you in person made me smile. Thanks again.
Smile # 8 is for Marie
I am so happy that my friend from England, Marie, gets to come to the USA to see her daughter compete in the Special Olympics in Idaho. I am thrilled for her. I am going to get to meet her. I can hardly wait. Smile....smile....smile.
...
I hope that you have had lots to smile about too. Have a good week. Love, Lura
25 comments:
Hi, Lura! Your Sunday Six was extra special this week...Your Johnny is a very clever gymnast! Well done with all his many awards and hard...No wonder everyone's so proud! :o) Oh, isn't wonderful about Marie?! I'm so thrilled she'll be going to America soon and seeing her daughter. Prayer do get answered! Happy Week to you & yours :o) ((HUGS))
What an incredible young man, with such great strengths and abilities. That talent takes a long time to develop, good for you for being there to cheer him on Grammy!
Hi Lura...I have been checking your blog all week and was beginning to wonder why you hadn't posted....now I know.
Your grandson is amazing.....OLYMPICS BOUND !!! Wouldn't THAT be a thrill.
We have been dumped on again with snow....first it rained and melted the snow we had, then it snowed again. Oh well, thank heavens for snow-blowers !!
Hope you are feeling better..LOL
you get to meet marie! wow! i'm jealous:) so, are you guys going to meet halfway or are you going to idaho? i bet you are so excited. i know you two are such wonderful blog buddies that have a special connection.
and wow, that johnny is incredible. he is so much smaller than the other kids and is whoopin up on them all! yea! :)
and i second your thoughts on motorcycles. i guess EVERY guy wants one. but us women need to be firm and say NO! too dangerous i say.
WOW...he's a phenom! I can just imagine how proud you are. And, I had a feeling you might be traveling to Idaho to be with Marie...that's so fantastic! It just puts a huge smile on my face that stays there a long time. You've been under the weather lately so I just want you to know that you are in my prayers!!!
A grandson to be proud of! What beautiful straight lines there, he really deserved all those firsts. Are we looking at a future Olympian? Maybe even in London in 2012. He will still only be - what - 15 or so, but Gymnasts are always young aren't they? And us British bloggers will be queuing up to meet his grammy!
love, Angie xxx
That Johnny will take the Olympics by storm, they won't even know what hit them! Almost feel sorry for his competitors, hee hee! Little Johnny Jump-up, sigh... where did the little kid with the missing front tooth go?
Have fun in Idaho while you're there! Are you going to be stopping in Utah on your way down or are you flying?
Hi Lura...I will be in California from February 15th until March 2nd...and the only reason in the whole wide world that I would feel good about missing you is because you are in Idaho with Marie. I'll have other chances to come to California. This is a super special time for Marie and her daughter and for you and Marie, and a blessing for you all. It would be my pleasure and honor to put off meeting you in person so that Marie could!
He won a gold medal in each of his events! He is the next
His muscles are amazing. I can't even hang on bars suspending my body with my hands for a second! Every movement is amazing.
So sorry that you didn't feel well enough to see Nancy and Sherrie. That would have been a fun ending to the trip.
Hope you are feeling well. I will be home next Sunday. Thanks for your message.
Love ya
We wish we could have been there! Johnny is simply AMAZING!!! We are so proud of him! What a kid!
Patrick did a great job speaking in church on Sunday... but he always does! This was his 7 time to speak in 3 years- wow!
What a talented young man your little Johnny is! I hope to one day see him competing in the Olympics, that would be awesome! Congrats to him on all of his wins, he did a great job!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That is Amanda. He looks go cool lonica was good to well go to faithlynn-www.faithlynnrocksgirl.blogspot.com she is my friend faithlynn she is 9 well hope you like it well see ya love Amanda
This is Amanda. It is faithlynn-www.faithlynnrocksgirl.blogspot.comyou have to add faithlynn and then the adress and if it does not work i don't know why. Do you want me to try to put you as a folowwer yes or no love amanda
WAY TO GO JOHNNY!!! You all must be so proud of this talented young man and yes, I know that is the understatement of the year!! I believe he is a World Class Athelete as well and I can't believe that I will get to meet him and YOU!!! Not to mention Lynell, Erin and your other family members. I am really looking forward to this. I do hope sweet friend that you get your ticky tummy sorted out soon! I have been praying for you. No fun to feel sick. Sending healing love and hugs across the airwaves. Do you reckon we will get any sleep, or will we stay up all night chat, chat, chatting??? XXOO
I'm so jealous! Gah! Ya'll are going to have so much fun!
I love your Sunday Six! And way to go Johnny!!! What an amazing family you have (must take after the grandparents!). Thank you for sharing your joy with us lucky ones!
Hi Lura!
Congratulations for your grandson - how talented he is! I am have been a follower of Marie's for a while and just wanted to say how excited I am that she is able to come over and see her daughter compete and it's so great that you are going to go with her! I wanted to offer my home if you all need somewhere to stay. I live in Sandy, Utah. Or if there is anything else you can think of that I can do to help with the trip, just let me know!
Bless you!!!!
Jen
Holy Cow Johnny is good. What a fun meet to be at when your little honey is taking all the golds.
Just a note to tell you that you and Marie are in my prayers. I hope that you are feeling better and that everything comes off as planned. Enjoy this so very special visit!!!
WOW! What an amazing athlete!
My 2 middle sons just started gymnastics this year. After watching the olympics they were really excited to start it too. It's a great sport!
Lura....I am sending you a nice cup of herbal tea and some cookies. Please kick back, drink the cup of hot tea, and know you are in someone's thoughts and prayrs. Hope you start feeling better REAL SOON.
I read where Marie is coming to America....when does she arrive?
LOL
Wow! Johnny is very, very talented.
Johnny is so talented! You have such talented grand kids. If he keeps this up, we will see him in the Olympics someday!!
Wow! Your Johnny is quite impressive. Maybe we'll be seeing him in the Olympics one day.
Lura, What a sweet treat it was to get to meet the wonderful lady behind the fabulous blog! I really am so thankful for your friendshi! You have a wonderful family! It was fun to meet Lynell and Loni and Johnny and John too! What a amazing boy that Johnny is WOW!!! And the talent of Loni Wow! Amazing kids and Grandkids! You are so blessed, and are such a blessing in the lives of so many! Love you! Kelsi
Post a Comment