Here it is....1st Wednesday Award time. Instead of giving out one of the awards I made up I would like to pass on this "Brillante Weblog " award I got recently.
Kim honored me by giving me this award. Kim is a young mother of two who lives in the Chicago area. She has a great blog. Go and visit her.Thank you so much Kim. I will try to live up to it....
Here are the rules of this award: I have to answer the following questions with one word answers and one word only! Then I must pass it on to seven others!
Here I go...
1.Where is your cell phone? Purse
2.Where is your significant other? Woodshop
3.Your hair color? Real- gray, dyed-dark blond
4. Your mother? Angel
5. Your father? Deserter (He ran off and left us when I was 7)
6. Your favorite thing? family
7. Your dream last night? frustrating
(I dreamed I was in front of my college class and couldn't find my power point presentation or lecture notes. I have this dream or a variation of it quite often. Sometimes I dream my class is starting and I can't find the right room.... Does this mean I'm a inadequate teacher or just nuts?)
8. Your dream/goal? Live near all my kids
9. The room you're in? family room
10. Your hobby? sewing
11. Your fear? Being a widow
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
13. Where were you last night? here
14. What you're not? thin
15. One of your wish-list items? thin
16. Where you grew up? CA mostly (Texas, New Mex and Utah before I was 12)
17. The last thing you did? Baked apple pie
18. What are you wearing? clothes
19. Your TV? Envision (It is new and nice)
20. Your pet? German Shepard
21. Your computer? Dell
22. Your mood? Usually happy but sad this week
23. Missing someone? yes
24. Your car? Prius (and I love it)
25. Something you're not wearing? hat
26. Favorite store? Joann and Wal-mart (I admit it...I like Wal-mart....and I'm not missing any teeth)
27. Your summer? Still going strong (105 today)
28.Love someone? yes
29. Your favorite color? Greens..no..pinks…both
30. When is the last time you laughed? weekend
31. When is the last time you cried? today
O.K. I cheated and used more than one word on a lot of them.....does this mean I have to give the award back Kim? I hope not.
Now I must pass it on... So here I go...These are all great blogs...check them out
1. Marie in England
2. Laura in Germany
3. Krystyn in Georgia
4. Rebecca in CA
5. Marlene in Arkansas
6. Grandma B in Utah
7. Dana in CA
It is always hard for me to give out awards because I love so many of your blogs. I thank you all for being a part of my life. I always look forward to reading your posts and getting comments from you. Congrats to all of you. Winners please post this award on your side bar ,answer the questions (I hope you do better using one word than I did) and pass it on... have fun.
A lot of you have been asking about Erin. I thank you so much for your concern and prayers in her behalf. I will fill you in on what has happened as soon as I can. We have some information but nothing is final yet. Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks and love, Grammy Lura
8. Your dream/goal? Live near all my kids
9. The room you're in? family room
10. Your hobby? sewing
11. Your fear? Being a widow
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
13. Where were you last night? here
14. What you're not? thin
15. One of your wish-list items? thin
16. Where you grew up? CA mostly (Texas, New Mex and Utah before I was 12)
17. The last thing you did? Baked apple pie
18. What are you wearing? clothes
19. Your TV? Envision (It is new and nice)
20. Your pet? German Shepard
21. Your computer? Dell
22. Your mood? Usually happy but sad this week
23. Missing someone? yes
24. Your car? Prius (and I love it)
25. Something you're not wearing? hat
26. Favorite store? Joann and Wal-mart (I admit it...I like Wal-mart....and I'm not missing any teeth)
27. Your summer? Still going strong (105 today)
28.Love someone? yes
29. Your favorite color? Greens..no..pinks…both
30. When is the last time you laughed? weekend
31. When is the last time you cried? today
O.K. I cheated and used more than one word on a lot of them.....does this mean I have to give the award back Kim? I hope not.
Now I must pass it on... So here I go...These are all great blogs...check them out
1. Marie in England
2. Laura in Germany
3. Krystyn in Georgia
4. Rebecca in CA
5. Marlene in Arkansas
6. Grandma B in Utah
7. Dana in CA
It is always hard for me to give out awards because I love so many of your blogs. I thank you all for being a part of my life. I always look forward to reading your posts and getting comments from you. Congrats to all of you. Winners please post this award on your side bar ,answer the questions (I hope you do better using one word than I did) and pass it on... have fun.
A lot of you have been asking about Erin. I thank you so much for your concern and prayers in her behalf. I will fill you in on what has happened as soon as I can. We have some information but nothing is final yet. Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks and love, Grammy Lura







19 comments:
Keeping you and Erin in my deepest prayers Lura!
Thanks so much for this fun award!!! I shall attempt to answer all the questions with one word...but at you know I have a tendancy to run off at the mouth so it will be really hard for me!! I hope you have a fabulous day at the temple today and that everyone enjoys the apple pie! I shall think of you there in the temple and wish I was there with you. (((hugs))) ONE DAY!! It's a dream of mine and as we both know, dreams can and do come true!!!
Thanks Lura! I really appreciate your answers. I'm thinking about you and your family and praying everything works out according to God's will.
so fun to read about you. We continue to pray that Erin and Patrick's situation will soon be resolved. They will be amazing parents one day.
Lura, I read on Marie's blog that you feel sad today. Just wanted you to know that I'm praying your spirits will lift and you will be happier. I don't know and don't need to know about Erin's situation, but please know I'm praying too. God knows the situation and He cares. Keep your faith! I have enjoyed your blogs that I have read. Keep them coming! Hugs, Blessings, and Prayers
Fun to learn more about you! The more I know the more I love! I am so sorry that you are sad! I wish I could give you a big hug! Know that I too am praying for you and your family! Lots of love your way from my heart to yours! Love, Kelsi
So fun to learn more about you! Loved your previous post and all the decor - we're in the lower 70s and I'm just loving it! However, the tree in our front yard is always the first on the block to change it's colors, and we're already raking leaves!
Cyber hugs ((((HUGS))) being sent your way. Thoughts and prayers for whatever strength you may need or your family may need. love to all.
Dear Lura, I continue praying by Erin. Please pray by daugther yesterday didn't a good day, was difficult and heavy (problems at school) I hope you are really OK. Hugss!! Gloria
It's still that hot there? Jeeze!!
Our little Gabriel is still in Nursery. His birthday is in June (he'll be 3) so he still has a whole year + in there (which is ok...I adore his teachers!)
We got his little suit at Burlington Coat Factory (do they have one there?) It's a Calvin Klein suit that retails for $100.00 (seriously for a toddler suit) but we got it for 45.....a steal! He's a Stud in it!!
I accept the award Lura, and will fill out the ??? right away. Thank you for thinking of me.
Have Erin and Patrick anything yet? How are they doing?
This has been a busy week for me..we honored mental illness week with a Education Meeting on Thursday night. It turned out nicely and we had quite a large crowd (for our small city.)
It is always nice to be able to spread the word. Friday, the Financial Bill passed the House, and it included parity for the mentally ill. It is about time that mental illness is recognized for what it is...because up until now, mentally ill people have been consider less that human. It is so difficult for the person, and hard on families. Now mental illness will be recognized and maybe some quality help will be forthcoming.
Take care my friend.....
I enjoyed reading more about you. You are such a sweet person. I'm glad I am your blogging friend!!
hey grammy, i love reading your blogs.
p.s my cats name is LUCY. oh and how do you get so many bloggers i coment alot of people mostly every day but they never come to mine. do you have a secret well if you know of anything let me know bye!!!!!☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
What a lovely cheerful, sunny, place to visit.
Lynne
Hi I found your blog through Rebekah and I just had to visit another "GRAMMY". Isn't it wonderful. I love being Grammy to my three little ones. Love your blog too.
Hey it's Erin Chase! Cute Blog. Check out mine to see how big Austin and Autumn have gotten!
Hello, there! Thanks for you comment... and I am pretty sure Kathryn did leave Loni a comment a few weeks ago. I know she visited her blog. :-)
I enjoyed reading your blog! Have you started reading BD yet? Do you like it? Not? Let me know how you are doing. Love ya, take care!
i love wal-mart too! i knew we were meant to be....:)
thinking about you today and everyday.i know everything will work out! love ya~hoLLy
Thank you Lura! I am having problems posting the pic of the award...can you help me?
Post a Comment