Saturday, October 4, 2014

Come join me.... Come listen and be comforted and inspired

(Click on https://lds.org  to watch conference on your computer)

It is finally General Conference  weekend again. I anxiously wait for this semi-annual conference to come each October and April. The talks uplift me.


 I learn more about how our Savior, Jesus Christ, wants me to live. I am inspired to be more like He wants me to be.

 I grow to understand holy scriptures better and apply their teachings in my life.

Pres. Monson, and counselors, Pres. Eyring, Pres. Uchtdorf.

 I love listening to Pres. Monson, and his counselors in the first presidency. They are men of God. Their talks always touch my heart and bring me peace.


 I love listening to some of the 12 apostles


 and other church leaders speak to me.


 General Conference originates at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Thousands will meet there this weekend on Sat. and Sun. at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. (mountain time) to hear the words of our leaders.  But you don't have to go to SLC to hear the inspiring talks. Millions will watch it broadcast all over the world at our churches, on TV and through the Internet..

LDS Temple in Salt Lake City, Utah
  You may have heard negative things about the “Mormons”…. members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints.
As a member of that church I can tell you with all my heart that those negative things are not true. We love our fellowman and extend aid to them. We try to live good, honorable, productive lives.  The scriptures say “By their fruits ye shall know them.” Look at our good works through out the world and you will see that we are Christians in every since of the word.
 

We love our Savior, Jesus Christ. We have named our church after Him.  We try to live by His teachings.

Pres. Monson, a modern day prophet
 We have organized our later day church following the model Jesus established when He was on earth, with a prophet and 12 apostles.
 Please come and join me in listening to their meaningful and uplifting talks…. and judge for yourself.  If you will listen with real intent and faith in God…. Your hearts will be touched…. Your burdens lifted. ….Your pains eased.
You can watch conference on TV or through the Internet on your computer by clicking on this following link…
You will be glad that you did

Also a movie is coming out on Oct. 10, 2014 called "Meet the Mormons" that is both entertaining and informative about who we are. I think you will enjoy seeing it..
Hugs, Grammy Lura

6 comments:

betty said...

It is good to have something like this conference for inspiration; I hope this conference's lessons are the best ones yet for you Lura!

betty

Birgit said...

I am glad you can find comfort, inspiration, and positivity through this conference and your belief.

Marie Rayner said...

I loved all of conference Lura. IF I had to pick a favourite talk I could not. All were spiritually nourishing, uplifting and inspiring. Like you, I always love conference and have a firm testimony of the truth of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I wish more people could have even a portion of the light I can see and I experience. The world would be a much better place. Love you!!! xxoo

LeAnn said...

Oh Lura; you did such a great job of sharing your thoughts on conference and your testimony of the church. I loved it all. Thanks for sharing this one!
I loved every moment of conference and treasure the sweet feelings of the spirit that I felt.
Blessings, love and hugs for you dear friend.

bettyj said...

We all need renewal. EDnjoy

Gloria Baker said...

I stopping by to see you Lura and say hello!
Hugs and blessings dear Lura!