Yesterday was my dear Grandson Justin’s birthday. The Utah family got together to celebrate it today. I got this cute picture from Erin of him opening our gift . I wish I could have been there to give him a big birthday hug.
Justin is a wonderful young man. He served two years as a Mormon missionary in Guatemala.
Now he is a medic in the Army Reserve. I am so proud of him. He is a loving son, brother, cousin and grandson. He was badly burned on his head and hands as a child and spent years having painful surgeries. He came through it with faith, courage and compassion for those who suffer.
Happy Birthday Dear Justin
Our family is blessed to have Justin in it.
My health update:
It has been 10 days since my gall bladder surgery. I still can’t believe I ended up in the hospital so soon after Erin and Patrick got here. My darn old gall bladder surely did change our plans for the week. I thought nothing would stop us from having fun together at Sea World, Knott’s Berry Farm and Lompoc/Solvang but I discovered that when a gall stone gets stuck, it is boss… and…. I couldn’t argue with it. I feel blessed that I have good health insurance and that they were able to diagnose my gall stone, remove it and my gall bladder and have me back home all in 12 hours time. Modern medicine makes me smile.
At my age it is not easy recovering from surgery but I am doing well. My incisions are not completely healed yet but the doctors think they will be in another week or so. I get stronger every day. Sometimes I get a bit down but most of the time I’m pretty positive. I was disappointed that I was down in bed while the kids were here but it turned out to be a blessing having Erin for my nurse and the kids to make me smile.
I hope that you have a good week. I am planning to be much better when I write you next week. Hugs, Grammy Lura







9 comments:
I remember Justin's accident. He has is doing great things with his life.
We missed you today at church. Sure hope your recovery speeds up! Don't forget Tuesday.
Carolyn says lunch will be at 11:30 not 11.
Happy Birthday to Justin. I know first hand just what a lovely lad he is. All of your grandchildren I(and kids for that matter) are lovely people. I do hope you are back up to scratch soon! I Love you my dear sweet friend! xxoo
Lura, your grandson must be such a blessing to you and your family. Was sorry to hear about your gall bladder attack and with family visiting too!!! Oh well, God has His own plans for us. Praying for your quick and complete recovery. ((hugs))
I am so happy you are feeling a little bit better. You are in my prayers and I will be glad when you are up and around doing your normal things. It is sad that that you couldn't do all that you wanted to with family; but I am sure there was great joy in caring for you.
The pictures of your grandson are awesome and he is a handsome one. I just love it when you see them grow and mature in life and in the gospel.
Blessings, hugs and love to you dear friend.
What a wonderful young man. I know how proud you must be. Get well soon
Glad you are doing better.
Such a handsome young man! And I'm so glad you're getting better Lura - time is a great healer. blessings, marlene
And I am praying you will be much better when you write next week. Happy birthday wishes to Justin. So enjoy hearing about your lovely family and glad Erin and family were there to cheer you along after the surgery. Take good care and lots of hugs!
Hi Dear Lura. Happy Birthday to Justin ! amazing pics!!
about you question 100 ml
is about 1/3 of a cup (a normal cup you use for tea)
huggs and love!!
Post a Comment