Some of my friends have been giving me a hard time because I have been so slow in posting as of late…. I have our Alaskan land/sea trip and Father’s day…. and the list goes on and on. I really do want to document these things but…… I just haven’t gotten around to it because….
These are my excuses….
#1 We celebrated John’s Birthday
John had his actual birthday on our trip but…. we celebrated it after we got back with Mindy and family.
They took us out to a lovely dinner at….
McCormick and Schmicks and then we went to the…
Dorothy Chandler Pavilion to see Claire in her last night of ..
the opera Tosca.
It was a lovely night. We were excited and proud to see our 11 year old in the LA Opera for the second time. She has been invited to be in …
Carmen next. …. I guess we are going to become patrons of the opera. We have never been “Opera going people” but with our Claire singing in them, I guess our tastes will have to change.
#2… I’ve been playing with my Grands
Claire and Austin spent 2 nights and 2 days with us last week….. we played in the pool each day…(for hours)…
We ate most of our meals in the patio and played Uno and Pit. Now how could I take out time to be on the computer when I had kiddos to play with?
#3 We harvested Grampy’s liquid Gold
Grampy and Claire did all of the work. I just got the jars ready. My honey’s
bees make the best honey ever!!
#4… I made Plum Jam
It was a big job and took me all day….. I was plum worn out…. but it felt good to use the plums from our orchard.. and it tastes good too.
#5 I’ve been knitting
They taught us how to knit these cute scarves at Relief Society. I decided I would make some for my grandgirls. They are cute but I am slow at it. …. and I can’t use the computer when my hands are busy knitting can I?
#5 I’ve been playing on my iPad more than I should.
I got my all time high score for one round of playing Gems with Friends. This is a fast addition game that I just love. I’ve also been playing Words with Friends. I’ve also read a couple of books on my iPad and been spending time reading Facebook. I hate to admit it but the iPad is really a lot of fun and can be time consuming. However, it is also a good thing. I use it every day to read my scriptures and church magazines.
#6 I’ve been working on making my Alaska trip scrapbook.
I don’t make the big fancy scrapbooks like I used to do, but even making this simple album is taking me lots of time. It is about 1/2 done.
All of these things are fun and make me smile…. but they are time consuming too. I seem to move slower than I used to…. and get much less done in a day than I think I will. Our Alaskan trip was great but I’m still tired from it. Several times I wanted to blog but ended up resting instead.
These are my excuses why I haven’t been on the computer blogging. Am I excused????? I will try to post about Father’s Day and the rest of our cruise sometime soon….(I hope). At least I will get busy and read your blogs. I do want to catch up with the things you have been doing.
I’m sending hugs to all and best wishes for a good week. I hope this finds you doing well and happy.







8 comments:
Loved all of your smiles and excuses Lura. You lead the most interesting and exciting life. I think so at any rate. That scarf looks lovely. I am sure the grand girlies will love them when you are done! Belated Happy Birthday wishes to John! Love you much. xxoo
Ps - Your excuses are the best ever. Nobody could blame you for not posting when you are doing such wonderful things with that beautiful family of yours. You are truly blessed and so are they!
No need to apologize. I am always happy to see you post, but happier to know that you've been doing so many fun things. I am learning about not working and there are lots of things to do. Any worries I had about being lonely or bored are gone!
Oh my, you have been busy!!! Lots of great family time!
Hugs,
Kris
well at least you have some wonderful excuses and we all forgive you...LOL...You know how pleased we are whenever you write, you have such a wonderfully full life it is so good to be even just a little part of it and so enjoy your days as well...even if we are so far away. God Bless. Take care xx
A Belated Brithday Wishes to John and wish him meny more to come.I 'm just happy your having FUN.Your Smile's make me happy.ooxx
A Belated Brithday Wishes to John and wish him meny more to come.I 'm just happy your having FUN.Your Smile's make me happy.ooxx
I love reading about all your adventures. They were so awesome that they make great excuses for not blogging. I think it is so wonderful about Claire. I would love to hear her sing. I do have one granddaughter of the daughter that was Annie in a play several years ago. She looks like she will be doing things like that in the near future.
I loved the fun things you did with your two grandchildren. It is hot here so I wish that we had a swimming pool. We have our daughter and her family coming this next week. Her husband is taking her on a 3 day trip and we will be watching the children. I am excited. This is the family that lived with us for 18 months while their father was in Iraq.
I love the scarves you are making.
I haven't canned for years but the bottles of plums looks great.
Blessings, love and hugs dear friend.
Post a Comment