I am smiling because this past week is over. I think Tuesday and Wednesday were two of the hardest days I’ve had since the accident.
Both the manometry and pH test were miserable for me. By the 22 hour that I had the tube down my nose, my esophagus was so irritated that every breath caused a new spasm to start. I was in terrible pain. Thank you for your prayers and best wishes…. that is all that got me through it. I would not wish these two tests on my worst enemy (if I had a enemy). I am smiling that they are both over. Now, I hope they showed info that will help the doctor cure the problem.
This is Davey…. our son David’s oldest boy. He recently turned 8 which is a very important birthday in our church because he is old enough to be baptized.
We traveled 600 miles…part of it through a snow storm…. to attend his baptism. I was nervous driving in a storm since our last March trip up here ended with our accident, but thankfully we made it through just fine. Smile Smile
I loved seeing my 2 Davids dressed in white. I’m glad that our son is a worthy priesthood holder and could baptize little Davey.
They looked like angels to me all dressed in white. The church was filled with love and smiles.
We were so happy to be there to share this special day with Davey and our family.
We baptize by emersion. I could not take a picture of the actual baptism but this is a picture of the font. If you would like to know more about Mormon beliefs click here.
After the baptism we went back to the house where we had a lovely lunch. We spent the rest of the day yesterday visiting with family and enjoying being together. Jalen entertained us at the piano. ….
…the kids played all sorts of games… you can see that Cal was well prepared.
It was a lovely day…. one that will warm my heart forever. Is there anything better than spending a day with loved ones???? I think not.
This cake sums it all up. Our family joined together to express our love for Davey, the Lord and each other. It was a wonderful day that filled my heart with smiles.
So the first week of March was one of extremes for me. Tuesday and Wednesday I was extremely miserable…. and Saturday I was extremely happy. With the help of the Lord I got through the miserable parts and was able to enjoy the wonderful parts. I am thankful.
I hope you have a great week ahead.
Hugs, Grammy Lura







8 comments:
You've been in my thoughts and prayers all week. So glad you were able to spend time later in the week with family. I've got a big family party next weekend and I'm getting so excited already.
Congratulations on both the baptism of your beloved grandson and on courageously making it through difficult tests. As a grandmother I know your joy and can only say from experience that a grandmother's heart swells with thanksgiving at this wonderful event. blessings, marlene
Oh Lura......you poor thing! I am so happy that it is all over and done with!!!
Congratulations to Davey on his baptism. Wonderful!
Hugs,
Kris
Glad to hear the test are done and you made it thru, hard as it was. I enjoyed the pictures of your 2 Davids, so wonderful that Daddy was the one to Baptise his little boy. My SIL is a minister and he baptized all 3 of his sons. It's truly a beautiful thing to witness.
I am pleased that you are feeling better and hope ofr good results soon...very soon...
What a wonderful day of celebration you had with the baptism of wee Davey, made all the more special by being baptised by his Dad...definatley a big smiley day...As always thank you for sharing your smiley and sad days ..
God bless and love have a great week xxx
I am so glad you are through your tests and I hope they solve your spasms. You are always in my prayers.
it looks like you had a great weekend with family. I love being able to attend all of my grandchildren's baptisms. It's always such a sweet experience. I loved the smiles on this one. Take care good friend and know you are loved by me.
Blessing and hugs!
Hope they are able to get to the root of your problems now Lura. So sorry that you had to go through those rigorous tests. ((((hugs)))) Happy you made it to Utah safe and sound and were able to be a big part of your lovely little grandson's important day. I loved seeing all of the photos of the family and feeling in my heart the joy that was present. I send you all much love always. xxoo
It sure looks like you and John have had a blessed week. I miss you SO MUCH. See you soon. Love/Hugs, Jan
Post a Comment