This has been a delightful week full of love. I feel so blessed to be in a loving family and have sweet friends. How they enrich my life and bring me many smiles.
My Valentine week started last Sunday when I invited my daughter’s family and the senior missionaries to dinner. I made a 4 course Chinese food meal. It took me two days to cut up and make all of the dishes. We had Asian salad, soup, sweet and sour pork, fried rice, chicken chow mien, shrimp with rice noodles and chicken chop suey. We had fortune cookies, almond cookies and chocolate cake for dessert. It was a good meal but I have retired from Chinese cooking. It is way too much work to make it when I can go our local restaurant and buy a meal for $6.50.
Austin spend the night with us after our Sunday dinner. Monday morning we headed off to the store to buy Valentines for him to give his classmates at school. He worked on writing all the names on the Valentine’s while I decorated a mail box for him to collect his Valentine’s. It was a fun day with Austin. Being with this sweet boy always makes me smile.
I also finished making all of the goodie bags to take to our visiting teaching and home teaching families. In our church each lady is visited once a month by a visiting teacher and each family is visited by a home teacher. The bishop can not visit each church member individually, but through visiting teaching and home teaching each member is contacted and helped if needed. John visits 3 families and I have 5 ladies I see each month. I love this program. No one is left out.
Wednesday I finished making my Valentine’s.
I had already mailed off my Valentine box to Utah and the cards that were going out of town but I still had to finish the ones needed here locally. I enjoyed making each one a little different and writing a note to each special friend. Having dear friends is such a blessing.
Wednesday eve I had Kris and Craig over for Valentine’s dinner.
John gave me these beautiful flowers which made a lovely centerpiece for our table. Wasn’t that sweet of him. He makes me smile.
Thursday I went to Kris’s Valentine’s lunch before John and I had to leave to work in the temple.
Kris sets a beautiful table. It was so much fun being there with her and Jan.
Our elegant lunch ended with a tea party. It was all so beautiful. I felt very special… like a fairytale princess. Thank you Kris and Jan for a wonderful time.
I hope that you had fun doing special things for those you love this past week…. and I hope that your loved ones made you feel special too….. but if they didn’t… know that God loves you and you will always be special to Him.
….
Health note: I continue to suffer from these darn esophageal spasms. I had to sleep in my recliner 3 nights last week because it hurts too much to lie down. I had an endoscopy Friday which didn’t show anything so they are scheduling more tests which I dread… but ….since I can’t live with this I guess I’ll do them.
I hope you are doing well. Have a great week. Hugs, Grammy Lura







5 comments:
So enjoyed seeing all of your Valentine fun. Your goodie bags are adorable. You are in my prayers for relief from the spasms. Hugs and love across the miles!
Lura, I sure hope that they can get to the bottom of your problem soon! I am keeping you in my prayers! I have enjoyed all of your Valentine Smiles. You always make me smile, but what was making me smile most this month was re-visiting the happy memories we built together in Utah and Idaho 4 years ago now! Also that beautiful little Valentine which arrived in my post box right on Valentines day from you! Perfect timing! You are such a dear and special friend and I love you so very much, my kindred spirit/sister/friend. Always. xxoo
Dear Lura Im happy you had a lovely Valentine's and all look.beautiful like akways.
This time is hard here with the trees and the grass how we are in summer we have how nevet water problems to the plants and trees.
Anyway Im happy because the autumn is close (I hope) this summer was so hot.
Hope you feel better dear Lura and your tests will be fine. The spams are terrible I will pray fir you to you feeling better dear Lura.
My mom has to make some tests too soon and Esperanza need a surgery about the 4 wissom teeths oh dear! Send you hugs and prayers, love, gloria
Dearest Lura I was so hoping that your pain had gone away. I hope they will find an answer to it all. You will continue in my prayers and I will put your name on the temple roll and keep it there until you are feeling better.
Your love smiles were so sweet today. I loved all of your activities with friends and family. The cards you make are awesome. I need to have you teach me how to do them when you come to Utah.
I do not have alot of talent in the craft area.
The pictures were so beautiful today showing how much you are loved and how much you love others. You are so blessed to have such a sweet grandson around to love and care for.
Blessings, love and hugs to you.
We need to have a phone call sometimes soon dear friend.
I do hope that they can find a solution to your problems soon...it is not good when you can't get a good nights sleep. Your Valantine celebrations sure made me smile....but then the very mention of your name makes me smile...we do not make very much of Valantine day over here...although Mary and I did smile when we were in M&S on valantine day when lots of young men were in buying their special M&S valantine meal !! then standing choosing their valantine card looking very sheepish !!! a few were even buying red roses !!
Thank you dear friend as always for your love xxx
Love from Mary and me on this cold frosty morning. xxxx
Post a Comment