Sunday, February 24, 2013

Grammys smiles and a prayer for Johnny

happy February

I do love February…. I love pink… and hearts ...and lace …and flowers and telling dear ones how special they are to me….I just love it all.  I celebrate Valentine’s day all month long. I am sorry this is the last week of our month of love.

table

I especially love setting beautiful tables….. so…. when I saw these pretty pink chair covers, table clothe and napkins at Bed Bath and Beyond last week I just had to buy them.  Actually I was going to make the chair covers like I did before but when I went to look at fabric, I found that it was just as cheap to buy them…. so I did.

chair

I intended to alter the backs of the chair covers to fit my chairs but when I showed them to Kris she thought they would look cute just gathered up  in the back……. and since I am very lazy these days   like to take my friend’s advice, that it what I did.  I added a rose, a heart and a lace bow as accents. Do you like the way they look???? …..or… should I go ahead and alter them to fit the backs of the chairs? Getting new table linens makes me smile.

IMG_0288

Speaking of Kris…. she had a group of us “Cruising Buddies” over for a lovely dinner last week. Everything that Kris does is beautiful. She is the Queen of Valentine’s Day…. and… like me…..celebrates it all month long too. (Look at my last post to see the lovely Valentine Lunch she made for Jan and me.)

IMG_0289IMG_0290

We had a wonderful evening filled with good food and good friends. What a blessing it is to have such dear friends that enrich my life. Smile… Smile.

IMG_0291IMG_0292

I got totally spoiled. They knew I wasn’t feeling too good so they insisted that I just sit and rest while they all helped with the clean up. Their thoughtfulness made me smile. We are not all of the same faith but we all love the Lord and each other. I treasure their friendships.

photo

From time to time you’ve read about my dear grandson, Johnny’s gymnastic events. I’m always bragging about him…. especially since he made the 2012 National team.

600109_392578854132606_515452666_n

I can’t even begin to describe how hard he has worked for the past decade on the road to his Olympic dream…. but…. he needs some prayers for healing now.

russiarussia 2

His back had been hurting even before he went to Russia to compete in December. He didn’t say much about it because everyone had worked so hard helping him earn the money for the trip and he was really excited to go and compete at that big event with gymnasts from 22 countries.

IMG_3965

However, when he got home from Russia, the pain was so bad that he finally told his mom and she took him to the doctor. It turns out that he has teardrop fracture on his 3rd lumbar in his back which has put him out of practice for the past few weeks. He is so sad to be missing some of the big meets like Winter’s Cup etc.  The good part is he should mend up fine and be able to keep competing if he lets the fracture rest and heal. He is still hoping to make State, Regional and National competitions later this year.  Please say a little prayer for this dear boy. I am praying that his back will completely heal…. but also that he will use wisdom and not try to go  back to training too soon. After all of his years of hard work and sacrifice I would hate to see him hurt himself permanently by trying to compete again too soon.

Well, these are my thoughts and smiles for this week. I hope that you are well and happy. As always, I am sending you all hugs.

10 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I love that you celebrate Valentines all month long Lura! I never think of Valentines without remembering out trip together and what fun we had. You are such a blessing to me always. I am keeping Johnny in my deepest prayers. I cannot wait til the day when I am watching Team USA at the Olympics and I can say to Todd, see that Johnny Jacobson??? He's the best! I know him and he has the best parents, grandparents, family etc. ever! I can't wait to cheer him on to Victory! Love you much! xxoo

Kris said...

Hi Lura. I hope you are feeling better by now! I loved your darling table and gathered chairs!!!!
You have many dear friends, and like you, I cherish this as well.
Wishing your dear grandson a speedy recovery so that he can get back to his sport without pain and injury!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Lura, I am so happy to be back in touch. I, too, missed you and reading your lovely posts and news of your family. First, Thanks for stopping by and next, I love, love, love your "Valentines" table decor. The embellishments on the chairs and gathering up the fabric make it so sweet and romantic. (John is very accepting, right!) And now for Johnny, yes I surely will have him in my prayers for his back and I am only glad it isn't worse. He will heal with the Lord's help...just look at how well his GRANDMA has done! Pain can be so debilitating and I know his youth will help him heal...it takes us old folks longer, right? You take care and happy to be back in touch...{{HUGS}} Joy

Gloria Baker said...

Oh dear Hope Johnny feel best soon, he is so joung to have problems in his back but happens with .
Maybe you heard or Johnny made about Tomas Gonzalez a awesome gimanastic and he was in Olympics too and he has problems in his back!
Hope he will be OK soon and of course you have my prayers dear, huggs:))

bettyj said...

Prayers for Johnny Bless his heart, as well as the whole family. I LOVE your table. We decorate completely different, but I could enjoy being in your environment very. I love special do's!lol You know your comment about different faiths is so true. I have friends of all faiths, but we all serve the same God.

Visits With Mary said...

The new table linens look so pretty on your table and I like the chair covers gathered together. I really am sorry to hear about your gson. I know he must really work hard to achieve such great accomplishments. Will put him on my prayer list, that God will bless him with a speedy recovery! Blessings...

LeAnn said...

First of Johnny will be in my prayers. I will also put his name on the prayer roll. Email me is full name if you can.
I loved your Valentine decorations. I really loved the table and chairs they were so elegant. You do have such an interesting life. You have so many marvelous friends. I am happy to be your friend too. I love you much dear Lura.
Blessing to you all and especially for Johnny.

Cathyjo said...

I'm so glad that you got to enjoy most of Feb.Hope you are feeling well by now.alway's enjoy your poho's.And keeping Johnny in my prayer's.and thank's for all of your's in my behafe.I Love You Dear Friend.ooxx

Tara D. said...


I love how you love to decorate- it always looks so beautiful! I can see why you'd want to celebrate Valentine's all month long, as it's just so pretty. :)
I very much hope that Johnny is able to heal quickly and keep on the path to his Olympic dreams. I'm sure he's devastated. :-( Many prayers his way as well.

My Design Hotel said...

Nice post thanks for sharingg