I just love February…. don’t you??? I’ve been working all week making Valentines. I got my Utah family’s goodies all mailed off yesterday. I hope my little gifts of love make them smile.
Here are some of the other things that have made me smile.
Our EJ auditioned and got first chair trumpet in the So. Cal Honor band. He even got to play a solo part.
We attended his concert Sat. We were so proud of him. EJ makes me smile.
Claire continues to make great strides with her singing. However, she has really has blown me away this time. LA Opera is putting on a community opera and had a part for a young girl between 11 and 17. Claire just turned 11. She auditioned against 200 or so other girls…. who were nearly all in the 17 year old range. A SHE GOT THE PART!!!
Our little Claire will be singing in this LA Opera production in April. We are all amazed. I smile from ear to ear when I hear Claire sing.
My new favorite game to play on my iPad is Gems with Friends. … and I love it when I’m at the top of the leaderboard. I’m not always the best for the week but I was last week….. so that made me smile.
This picture makes me smile for 2 reasons. #1… Austin is spending the night with us tonight. That always makes me smile. In this picture he is texting me. He was sitting right across from me but he wanted to text. We have been texting back and forth all night. It is good writing practice for him but, isn’t that funny??
#2 Look into the kitchen and you will see John doing dinner dishes. I made a really big dinner today for the family and the missionaries. I was tired so my sweet hubby pitched in and did the dishes for me. Wasn’t that sweet!! Getting help in the kitchen always makes me smile.
John and I are both finally feeling better. I still have a cough but other than that I’m doing pretty well. I hope that you are too.
Have a good week. Let me know what you are smiling about.
Hugs, Grammy Lura







3 comments:
I am not surprised that your grandchildren are so successful Lura, just look at the great role models they have in you, John and their parents! I am sure your wee Claire is destined for greatness as are the others. Watch out world! I think that is so cute and so special that you could spend the evening texting with Austin. What fun. And John, is such a good man to do the dishes. Todd always does when we have company as well. A good man knows when his wife has worked her fingers to the bone and doesn't mind chipping in to give her a few minutes rest afterwards. Bless him. Love you much. xxoo
I think my first smile is reading your post. I am so happy that you are feeling better. The coughs seem to linger for some reason. I have my usual dry hacking cough; it worse right now due to the bad air here, I think.
I am so excited for your granddaughter to be in the LA Opera. wow, that is so awesome.
I think it is so fun that you have a little grandson that you can have come over and stay the night. We recently got texting; but it takes me so long to do it right now. I guess I need to practice more.
Lura, have a wonderful Valentine Day. Love and hugs to you and yours.
How wonderful for you to share your wonderful Grandchildren with us......how I would love love love to be able to be in the audience when Claire sings for LA Opera..Hope you had a lovely Valantines day. much love winging it's way westwards to you xxx
Post a Comment