Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Smiles for EJ, our Patio and kiddos

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

I haven’t uploaded our 4th of July celebration pictures yet. I was busy with kids visiting from Utah.  Then I got really sick with the flu and have been flat down since Fri.  However,  I will get it done by my next Sunday Smiles post. (I hope)

Meanwhile this post is about what we were doing before the holiday.

I love our home and property…..especially our patios…

 They make me smile..

…but they take a lot of work to keep them clean.  We live on a bluff and as a result we get lots of wind. We have an orchard and a lot of trees around our home that are continually dropping leaves. I love the trees but not the mess they make.

IMG_4996IMG_4997

Our 12 year old grandson EJ needed to earn some money to go to boy scout camp. Since the accident, sweeping is hard for me, so I asked EJ to come … and….

IMG_4999IMG_5001

… sweep up leaves out of the patios for me.

IMG_4994IMG_5002

This is not an easy job. We have 5 big patio areas plus a fire pit. 

IMG_4998

EJ worked for hours in the heat but never complained a bit….. then…

IMG_4340IMG_5003

Grampy had him come and help trim a tree in the front yard.  I think Grampy went a bit too far in scalping that poor tree… the one in the center of the yard that has no branches left… but EJ was a great helper. I am happy that EJ has learned how to work hard and with a good attitude.  I think Mindy and Ernie have done a good job raising this sweet boy.

EJ makes me smile.

IMG_5031IMG_5033

Every thing looked so nice when he was done.

IMG_5030IMG_5034

Clean patios make me smile

IMG_5271IMG_5274

With the patios all cleaned up Claire decided it was the perfect time to have a  tea party. She picked flowers from the yard to make a pretty bouquet.

IMG_5272

Claire, Austin and I had a lovely tea party.

Tea Parties always make me smile.

IMG_5035IMG_5040

Then it was time to play in the pool.

IMG_5280IMG_5281

Austin who was a bit timid in the pool just 2 weeks before was jumping into the deep end and keeping up with Claire.

IMG_5277

I told them I was putting these pictures on my blog. They are waving to you.

These are the only 3 of my 14 grandkiddos that live in CA. I miss the others a lot…. but I am sooooo thankful that I have EJ, Claire and Austin near us. They bring me so much happiness. They make me smile all the time.

These are my smiles for this week.  I hope that you had a good week.

Hugs, Grammy Lura

5 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

I love your pictures! and love your grandson is so cute and the Tea Time look reallynice!
Love your house Lura...and the pool!! Blessings

bettyj said...

No wonder they make you smile! They make me smile. grandchildren are the best gifts. I spent yesterday until late last night with 3 of mine, including Amanda, who is doing great.BTW, love your patios! Did you know Linda Rudmans father died?

LeAnn said...

I think that is so awesome that your grandson did such a wonderful job of helping you. We had our grandsons down this passed week to help us with our yard too. I love it when parents teach their children to work; it is so important in this world that believes in entitlement.
The pictures were so wonderful. You have such a lovely yard and swimming pool. I loved it when we lived in Northern California. The weather was so nice and all the green hills and etc.
Enjoy all those moments and smiles with your family. I do hope you are feeling better from having the flu. Love and hugs to you!

Sybil said...

What a lovely Grammy you are..No wonder the bairns love to come visit and help you whenever needed.
Your yards look so great. and the pool very inviting...(looks bigger than the whole of my garden !!LOL)
Hope you are feeling much better,
Love Sybil xx

Cathyjo said...

Lovely picture's as alway's and they make me smile Hope you feel better real soon.ooxx